“Average”

Ranked #418 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Comfortable, bed a bit hard. Room was cold, heating not working. Requested extra quilt but did not appear, instead got a blanket on the first night and a heater on the second night. Staff were polite and helpful but appeared quite busy and overworked.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Officer at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay and should you have contacted our Maintenance department, I am sure they would have been delighted to assist you. However, I do apologise for the inconvenience.

I would like to thank you for your kind words towards the staff. I hope you can appreciate that the hotel has varying peak times and we do our best to have enough staff available for our guests.

We hope to welcome you back soon at the Novotel London West.

Novotel London West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I was pleased with the overall stay at the Novotel. I was there for business purposes, stayed two nights. I was in the "executive" room which boasted a Nespresso machine and free Evian which was a nice touch.

The bed was comfy enough but I could not get the room temperature to be cool enough at all. It was frustrating but is surprisingly common in many of the hotels I stay at.

I did have the need to use the work/desk area which was well laid out, the Free internet was decent enough so I had no complaints there.

Some of the plug sockets in the room were not brilliant and kept starting/stopping which was frustrating but just about workable. What I did like was finally a hotel which realised to put a plug socket at the bed side table for charging phones at night! Hooray!

For such a large hotel which is littered with business people and conferences, I can't believe the health and leisure facilities aren't improved. Whilst the gym is adequate, I find it's an expectation for pool, sauna, etc in modern hotels, especially given the size of this hotel I was a little surprised.

The hotel was quite reasonably priced for the London area although you will have your pants pulled down for breakfast at about £20 despite it being a ran like a well piled machine with the sheer volume of people going through the dining area. I did make use of the evening meal buffet whilst I was there and I thought it was average. The price made it desirable and it was convenient obviously being in the lobby.

Overall a good hotel with a few areas for improvement. The professional and well presented staff did give it a high end feel matched with a similar standard interior. I would recommend although more so for business than pleasure.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lee,

Thank you for choosing the Novotel London West for your stay in London.

I am delighted to read you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed one of our Executive bedrooms. I am sorry if you encountered some issues with the A/C and the plugs in your bedroom. We have a Maintenance Team on site 24/7 and I am sure they would have been pleased to assist you.

Our Food & Beverage Outlets offer a full English breakfast with a wild range of hot and cold items. I would advise you to go through the different breakfast options when booking your bedroom in the future. I am also pleased that you appreciated our Aroma dinner buffet.

Please rest assured that we have given our full attention to your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London West.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel from February 20th. My friend’s husband and I was food poisoned at the hotel. We ate steak with béarnaise. But they claim it is not their fault. The same happened January 15th 2014 to another lady. She was food poisoned at the same hotel. But the Hotel just tells about their excellent food and where it came from. Nothing about the fact that too many people handled the food, and that they was not trained good enough!
They also did a taxi scam with my friends, calling for a taxi with no meter! Stay away! This is not a good hotel!

6 Thank AndyGene
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback following your stay at the Novotel London West.

We are sorry to hear that you felt your comments were disregarded by the hotel. As previously mentioned by email, we have carried out all the necessary investigations following your food safety concerns and we feel we have answered your queries accordingly.

Our hotel does use a private car service for our guests and I apologise that on booking the private car the fixed rate was not explained to you. This company has been working with us for the past seven years and we continuously receive good feedbacks about their service. Our policy is extremely rigid, and gives us no reason to believe that there has been a breach of conduct on this particular occasion.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Novotel London West in the future.

With kind regards,

Emilie Sibourg
Guest Relations Manager
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I spent a night in Novotel on business with my colleague, following advice from tripadvisor. We checked in pretty late that night following our crazy schedule. All I wanted was a good's night's sleep and a nice long shower. I got just that. First of all the staff were very nice and helpful. They did their best to ensure quick attendance to us (and the same was the case on the day of check out). The rooms are pleasantly huge and the bathroom too. They were very comfortable and I wished I had more than a night to spend lol.

Breakfast buffet was not bad either (I preferred it to the dinner buffet, which I did not think catered to persons of all tastes/meal palettes). Location was not bad too, with the train station and bus stops being a short walk away and cabs available should you wish to explore that route. Cafes and small shops are also in the area, airport also not too far from the hotel.

All in all, my stay was very short but without complains. I actually think I will stay there again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Officer at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am delighted to read that we have met all your expectations regarding our bedrooms and hotel facilities. Our English breakfast offers a wide range of hot and cold food to all our guests and I am happy that you enjoyed your experience.

It is also a pleasure to read such kind words towards our staff. We always strive to provide our guests with a high customer service and all our team will be pleased to receive your compliments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London West in the near future.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Good location in West London. Clean and comfortable rooms, beds were not so comfortable. My family enjoyed a stay for a couple of days. Really good standard for this price range. We had a good stay -my kids liked it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Officer at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments left here on Tripadvisor following your stay in our hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our bedrooms and convenient location. In regards to the bed, I hope you can appreciate that every guest has different taste in terms of mattresses and I am sorry to read we have not fully met your expectations.

Novotel is a family hotel and I am delighted that your kids had a great time.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Novotel London West for your next visit to London.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed two nights (Feb 16 ~18, 2014) on business. Had room 3024, right in front of the lift. I was worried about noise re: room location but had no issues. Room was spacious (positively huge compared to Hilton Kensington), and sheets & bathroom clean. Toiletries were not high quality but the buffet breakfast was very nice. Front desk staff are very friendly, efficient and helpful. Used free wifi first night and found it fine. Took a cab from Heathrow and it costs 50 pounds. The gym looked very nice but sadly was unable to use it.

Was moved by the company to Hilton Kensington and everything about that hotel suffers in comparison to this one, except for its location (the reason I was moved).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Officer at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback Novotel London West following your stay and for providing us with a 4-star rating.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the customer service provided by the Reception team.

Thank you for noting the convenient points in favour of our hotel and please feel free to request a gym key at the Reception on your next visit with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards,

Israel

the pros

nice hotel, with good dining room
very good breakfast and nice staff.
near the Hamersmith station
the room is equipped with safe,bath, iron,TV

the cons

the hotel is huge, only 4 elvators, i walked minutes to my room
not recommended for handicaps, tired people... actually for no one
insist on room near the elevator.

the safe on my room was broken.

Room Tip: room close to the elevator.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your comments following your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am delighted you found our location advantageous and that you enjoyed our Food and Beverage outlets. We are also pleased to read the in-room facilities were to your convenience. Regarding the safe in your bedroom, our team is available to assist you 24/7 and should you have reported it, I am sure our Security Department would have been delighted to assist you.

I was quite disappointed to read your comment in regards to our elevators. Our hotel offers six main elevators going to the bedrooms. I hope you can appreciate that the distance from the lifts is one owns personal preference. Should you request it at the Reception on your next stay with us, we would be delighted to allocate you a bedroom closer to the elevators upon availability.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future at the Novotel London West.

Best regards,