“Good choice in London”

Ranked #410 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel is nice and quite new, the room was comfortable. The internet was available in the room which is nice. Although a bit far from the center, it is conveniently connected by tube and buses. Highly recommended for a city break in London, generally good value for money.

Room Tip: Some rooms are facing a main boulevard and can be noisy, better to avoid those.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marilena_Ro
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Marilena,

Thank you very much for your feedback after staying at the Novotel London West.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our facilities. We are indeed located 15-20min from the West End with public transportation.

Thank you again for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Novotel London West

Write a ReviewReviews (3,995)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very nice hotel, great buffet lunches both days, Scottish themed gala dinner wasn't the best but they were catering for 150 people. What let them down was the ground floor cloakroom on departure - nobody was at the desk and a woman with a sour face and a bad attitude rushed past and said he wouldn't be around for 5 minutes - there was a queue of 6 people already and we had trains to catch and were in a hurry! She never even apologised. That and the evening meal were disappointing. Otherwise I would have rated it excellent.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the ice machine!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
NovotelLondonWest, MICE Operations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel London West and to tell us about your experience during The Business Travel Conference.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the event lunches, we strive to provide all of our guests with great food and beverage offerings and I’m disappointed to hear the themed menu option failed to do so.

I apologise for the cloakroom issues you experienced on departure as that is not the departing experience we wish our guests to leave with. Please rest assured that we will work with the team to ensure customer service remains our main focus.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and provide you with the high level of service I know we can provide you with.

Lauren Cronje
MICE Operations Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were a party of 4 two adults and two children. We just needed a base for an overnight stay as our daughters were going to see 1D at Wembley.
The checkin/out was efficient and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The foyer area and bar/restuarant looked to be of a good standard however due to our short stay we didn't have time to use them. Our daughters were very impressed with the mac computers in the foyer!!
Our room was clean and fairly spacious for a family room and our only point would be that you could do with 4 cups and extra tea and coffee if there is 4 guests although this wasn't a major issue.
The hotel is in a good location with the tube only a couple of minutes away with great amentities.
I would definitly return as our stay was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Novotel London West and I hope that your daughters enjoyed the concert!

I am delighted to read that all our staff assisted you and that you were well looked after. I agree that 4 cups and more tea bags should have been provided to you and I can confirm that I have raised this comment with our team.

We look forward to welcome you back for another pleasant experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I checked in to the hotel and found the pillows provided to be very lumpy and uncomfortable . I phoned housekeeping to request a feather pillow . I was informed by a very rude woman that there were pillows in the room. Yes I can see them ,but they are very uncomfortable and I would like a feather pillow please . No you must use the pillows we have provided "click "

On to general impressions of the room . The mattress is horrible approx 3 in of foam thrown on top of the bed also very uncomfortable . The bathtub has a folding glass door designed to stop the water from flooding the floor. Well it fails miserably it is impossible to have a shower and not put water all over the floor.
The carpets in the room and passageways also are in dire need of cleaning
The location is good but as a hotel dr choice it wouldn't be my first choice

1  Thank Brian M

Dear Brian,

Thank you for providing us with your detailed feedback regarding your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am sorry to hear you experience with our pillows and mattress was not to your expectations. Our hotel does not provide feather pillows as per Novotel brands’ standards and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

I also hope you can appreciate that every guest has different in terms of mattresses. On a future stay, please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure that all your requirements are taken into consideration.

We truly hope to welcome you back in the future to provide you with a genuine hassle-free stay.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my husband and two children aged 2 and 4 for sight seeing London break. First impressions very good, modern hotel, nice decor, however our room was a bit dated in comparison and cramped for the four of us with not much storage space. Only two pillows on our bed and no spares in room so asked for two more which were provided. Also only four coat hangers so asked for more which were provided after asking twice. We stayed when the weather was very hot and had to ask for an electric fan in our room as the air conditioning was in-effective. The quality of the breakfast food was very good, great hot and cold buffet however I would recommend getting there by 8.00 / 8.30am as we found some items tended to run out before end of service which was 10.00am. Many of the waiting staff spoke very little English which caused many problems for us as my four year old son has food allergies. This made breakfast time quite stressful. There seemed to be a total lack of communication amongst staff regarding my sons requirements as every morning we had to explain our requirements all over again and even then many staff members didn't understand. Once I asked a waiter if he could wrap my sons ham sandwich in cling film so we could take it out for his lunch and it came back unwrapped and toasted! Another time I asked them to toast 2 slices of his special bread and they toasted the whole loaf! Fortunately we had brought two. There is also a lack of communication between departments demonstrated by the fact that when we emailed the hotel in advance of our stay re our sons allergies we received 3 separate replies from 3 people all giving slightly different responses. I would agree with other comments regarding the extortionate prices for a steak in the restaurant. The local area is ok but not great. The location is good for getting into Central London, just 4 or 5 stops on the Piccadilly Line and you are at Green Park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
NovotelLondonWest, Restaurants Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Novotel London West. I was very sorry to hear that your experience did not fully meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I was surprised and disappointed to read the difficulties you experienced at breakfast service with regards to communicating with our staff which resulted to mistakes with your orders, as we do receive regular positive feedback about the quality of the service the team provides. It is true that some of our employees are not native English speakers and we will take the necessary steps in both training and shift management to ensure this type of situation does not re occur in the future.

With regards to your comments regarding the replenishing of the Buffet, we do experience some days a high number of guests coming for breakfast at the same time. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience.

I was sorry to read that you felt our A La Carte pricing for the steaks was expensive. Some of the steaks we serve in the restaurant are Wagyu beef and Wagyu cattle is known for its quality and demands a high price. However we also have a range of 28 days Hereford beef , castlebridge fillet and Aberdeen angus steak at a starting price of £26. I can assure you that all of our pricing is very much in line with the London market and very competitively priced.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding the quality of the food available on the buffet and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel London West and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kind Regards,