“Overnight before overseas work ”

Ranked #406 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Overnight before overseas work ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Very impressive London west hotel,extremely pleasant check in and greeting,rooms were surprisingly large for a city hotel,perfect for participating in any form of activity in the Hammersmith area,I will return based on the important factors,hygiene,leisure,comfort,greeting and easy access to heathrow,,

Stayed July 2014
NovotelLondonWest, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel London West, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Nigel,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Novotel London West.

I am truly delighted to read that we met all your expectations. We are always proud to see that our team cares about your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Novotel London West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ariel, Palestinian Territories
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very good location - next to Hammersmith station, Tesco is very close, walking distance (1 mile) from High Kensington road.
Very clean, staff is very friendly - had an issue with kettle - was solved in 10 minutes after calling Reception.
Rooms are very quiet and really far from the elevator! All 6 elevators are in same place so it's not useful - anyway you have to go a lot to your room.
No view from the windows :)
Breakfast is rich and tasty, but every day you see exactly the same food.

Room Tip: High floor, close to elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Alexei,

Thank you for reviewing your stay in Novotel London West.

I am very delighted to read your satisfaction on our location, facilities and most importantly about our customer care.

I will be pleased to pass your comment to our Restaurants manager and Chef about our breakfast variety.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Being an Accor Club Gold member, I've seen many of their hotels ranging from Ibis to Sofitel. They're all good, varying in quality, but never below a critical treshold for comfort, cleanliness and quality in general.
This time, however, I was really shocked.
This huge hotel seems to cater for the tour-operator "not-to-critical" crowd and doesn't give a damn about its guest.
The air-conditioning wasn't not working at all: we changed rooms for this and the second room wasn't really any better.
The bathroom was run-down and not too clean.
We got 4 small bottles of mineral water for 4 days in our fridge, I guess it was better than nothing. Refilling the fridge would have been nice though, it was 27° C in the room...
The first night, the furniture was jumping up and down in the room due to a marriage party downstairs. Reception told us the noise would stop at midnight. So I guess it's normal for this hotel that you don't get any sleep before midnight. Unfortunately the bar also closes at 11pm. Such fun...
And last but not least, my medication was stolen from the room. This really never happened to me and I'm happy I can get a day without my medication. Reception folks were not really caring, but they "felt really sorry". By the way, no safe in my room...
Never again, next time it's Pullman St. Pancras again. They should debrand this hotel, it's a complete shame for Accor, a brand I highly trust.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony D
Dear Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am very saddened to read that your comments as we strive to provide our guests with a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I would like to confirm that we take the time with every guest to understand needs and preferences although I must admit that we failed on this occasion.

Please accept our apologies if the bedroom you stayed in with not as quiet as expected. I will personally share your comment with our Reception Team in order to prevent occurrence for future guests.

In regards to your medication, I can assure you that our safety procedures are very strict with a security team on site 24/7.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies if your experience in our hotel did not live up to your expectations and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards,

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Location very near to hammersmith station.standard novotel room n free wifi(weak) if need strong connection need to pay around 10pound per 24hrs.room might be noisy or not will depend of which side the room facing..those facing the main highway is extremly noisy which is the even number room so try to ask for odd number room which face inside all those office which is good.room air-con is weak so might need fans if it's available.
Hotel breakfast reasonable choice nothing fancy.most room come with a sofa bed so is also good for small family.room size is big n with 2 big suitcase still plenty walking space.
Nearby hotel is tube station n queen street which u can find lot if shopping n supermarket n resturants etc..
Overall is a good area to stay.not so crowded compare to downtown area n yet easy access to down just by bus or tube.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Vincent,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Novotel London West.

I am delighted to read your appreciation of our location and facilities.

As you rightly said, we have bedrooms facing the inside and the outside, and we welcome our guests to share the preferences during their booking in order for us to make sure to match their expectations.

Thank you again for your kind comments but also suggestions. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This reasonably-priced hotel is in a very convenient location close to a metro station and shops. Rooms are basic but clean and basic while meeting facilities are also available, making it a good choice for business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback after staying at the Novotel London West.

I am glad that you found our location suitable as Hammersmith offers plenty of different restaurants and outlets.

Thank you for your comments in regards to the cleanliness of your bedroom and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Pros:
1. Location. Tube stations are nearby.
2. Service. The receptionists are friendly and helpful.
3. The size of room is great when comparing to other Novotel and Ibis hotel in London that I have stayed before.
4. My parents love the view of their room (8th floor). However, I dont like the view of my room (3rd floor), because the view is the opposite internal side of hotel. I suggest to stay at a room above 5th floor.
Cons:
1.Woken up by cleaners at 9am.
2.Maybe a more detailed location guide should be provided on the official website. It is quite tricky to find the main door.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Bryan C
Dear Bryan,

Thank you for your feedback after staying at the Novotel London West.

I am glad to read your appreciation of our location, service and facilities. Our hotel offers bedrooms with different views and please feel free to share your preference on future stay.

I am however truly sorry for the inconvenience encountered with the housekeeping team and hope this matter did not affect the rest of your stay.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.