“Perfect Venue for a special Birthday Party”
Review of The Chapel Bar

The Chapel Bar
Ranked #1,801 of 24,419 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Islington
Description: The Chapel Bar is proud to welcome new resident restaurant Arenella to the fold, serving hearty, home-cooked Southern Italian cuisine on our heated and covered terrace as well as tables inside. Come and join us for just cocktails and drinks or for a complete dining experience.
Reviewed 21 February 2020

Had my 60th birthday party on Saturday which was a 70s theme for approximately 128 people of all ages. From my first meeting with Luke, who was so very helpful and easy to talk to, my dealings with Alex and right through to the actual day when William and his team kept all my guests nicely topped up with drinks and canapes. The whole process was a dream and kept my stress levels at an all time low for organising such a special event! The canapes and finger food were amazing. The venue was perfect (loved the disco ball in the dance floor area) and many of my guests congratulated me on finding such a perfect venue for my party. My guests are still raving about it. Thanks again to such a brilliant team.

Date of visit: February 2020
2  Thank ABTravelwise2020
Write a reviewReviews (147)

Reviewed 3 January 2020 via mobile

Food was amazing, venue was perfect for our intimate wedding lunch and the Xmas decorations made it even more lovely! Everyone commented on how amazing the food was, and these were from Italians who love to eat!! Risotto was the bomb!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 4 December 2019

We did a filming shoot. The venue is very good, good lighting, cosy and staff were very helpful. Service with a smile too.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 4 December 2019

Hi Luke, I just wanted to thank you and your team for what was an amazing night on Saturday. I met Alex very briefly, and then Lukas. He was fantastically patient in helping us get the correct leads together. Poor Marta was rushed off her feet all night.The cocktails were amazing and my daughter had a great evening. The sound was perfect and everyone was impressed by the venue.I must say that I've found you to be very patient with me and excellent to deal with.I sincerely hope that I need to hire the venue again as it was brilliant! Thanks again for all your help and have a great Christmas!!!

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank mattw317
Reviewed 29 November 2019

I've organised quite a few work Christmas parties, and I can honestly this one of the best we've had! From taking a look around the venue over Summer to the night of the party itself, everything was managed brilliantly. Luke was always prompt in replying to my emails and nothing was too much trouble. On the night itself, everyone loved the Terrace Bar with the outside area. The food also went down a treat! I must also thank the rest of the bar staff who were attentive, funny and looked after us so well. Thanks Chapel Bar!

Date of visit: November 2019