Leicester House
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbath showercentral locationlisle streetseparate toiletstreet noisecontinental breakfastwest endsuperior roomw hotelearly hoursnoisy at nightfantastic locationlight sleeperpiccadilly circuscovent gardensmall hotelyour doorstep
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Very friendly service. Fantastic food. Great price. What's not to like...?

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ghh3000
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This is everything I need in a hotel, and most everything I want. The size of the room is fine, the details upper class. The food is amazing, of course -- it is for many the lure. They checked me in very early the day I arrived, a perk for which I cannot be sufficiently thankful; When you arrive after an overnight flight and need an 8 am check-in, it is a life-saver and they were happy to do it. The staff are friendly and helpful. If this weren't at such a good price, it would be nonetheless praiseworthy, but it is a fine deal this week and I am happy to have found a new go-to place in Central London.

Room Tip: Relax, enjoy it. It's unlikely you will get a room with a view -- the location is not conducive to looking out the window. The walks and location are very good regardless.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ThePlainsman
Reviewed 23 January 2012

There is an incredibly friendly atmosphere at the St. John Hotel and the hotel staff are very welcoming. Rooms are simple but gorgeous and exceptionally clean. They have really maximised the space by putting the bathroom in the same room as the bed (which was very comfortable), only the toilet is in a separate room. There is a great mini bar selection which has a choice high quality and local drinks (Kernel beer and Sipsmith gin and vodka). The restaurant is fabulous, we had lunch there after checking in and then breakfast the next morning and the food was delicious.
Whilst the location is great, especially if you are heading out in the west end, the room is noisy late at night. (We put the radio on the digital TV to take the edge off the outside noise.) So, if you are a light sleeper or want an early night, this hotel isn't for you. If you are out in the west end and need an exquisite bolt hole for the evening it's great.

Room Tip: Stay out late and enjoy the party or bring some earplugs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ab_and_as
Reviewed 6 December 2011

St John Hotel is a diamond in the ruff "the ruff been Leiscester square".

Once you have stepped through the door you are transported into serenity. The welcome was warm and the staff were swarve and debonair. The rooms have the St John feel to them with the trademark coat pegs all round the room which my partner and I had great fun using all off these.We had a wonderful nights sleep the bed was so very comfortable I could hardly tear my head from the plump pillows to go for breakfast.The finer touches could be missed, little things like a light in the rail to illuminate you clothes, the well stocked mini bar and the high quality soaps and lotions. No in room tea and coffee but room sevice was 24 hour and the tea is of the best blend made just for St John.

We walked back from a show through the hell which is Leiscester square at night and had a late supper in the restaurant. Food is of the trademark and of course is of the highest standard.
This was also the case for breakfast. I had a black pudding to die for with home made baked beans. The toast was from a loaf of wonderful sourdough bread and I cleared the toast rack. Our stay at St John was a real treat. Easily the best thing in Leiscester square and if you are in the westend a must.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank john w
Reviewed 29 September 2011

As I write this at 2:30am, listening to the ridiculous street noise below, a few things occur to me:

1) I (my company) is paying 330 euro/night for me to stay here
2) There is absolutely NOTHING unique or special about this hotel that would ever make me return to stay here - nothing that gives it that "this is worth 330 euro" factor
3) The restaurant is fantastic
4) That the restaurant alone is not reason to pay an insane amount in a noisy neighborhood
5) That the hotel can't be bothered to do something as simple as own the fact that they have poor sound insulation and give you a pair of earplugs

Seriously, spend your money elesewhere. This is a dud for the price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business