Leicester House
Very Good 4/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbath showercentral locationlisle streetseparate toiletstreet noisecontinental breakfastwest endsuperior roomw hotelearly hoursnoisy at nightfantastic locationlight sleeperpiccadilly circuscovent gardensmall hotelyour doorstep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Was looking for something cheap, modern/clean, close to tube station & Shaftsbury Ave. Was having real trouble getting anything suitable but this ticked all the boxes.

Excellent location and the facilities were great (air con in the hot summer was perfect!!). Really modern, clean looking room. Includes a restaurant and bar but we'd already made plans to eat elsewhere so can't comment on that.

Our room had a shower in the main bedroom/living area, which some may find odd but as a married couple didn't bother us!

Only slight negative was that there was a tiny piece of broken glass on the carpet that I stepped on but easily missed when cleaning I suppose as it was very clean other than that.

There was building work going on at a property opposite us at the time but you couldn't hear it through the windows so that was great too.

Would definitely return & recommend to others.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The room was nice but service very poor.

Breakfast was average with no buffet.

Plus, they treated my contemptuously and didn't want to assume their error as the didn't precharge in advance my credit card as it was stipulated when I booked the room. When a hotel makes an error usually you expect them to assume their error but they didn't. Finally it was a bad experience for me and I won't be coming back. So, I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

my husband & I stayed for one night following a friends wedding and were looking forward to a night in a hotel . check in was as 3pm which we couldn't make but they were happy to store our luggage until we returned from the wedding for a late night check in. upon arriving at 12.30pm we were greeted by I can only assume a polish man who informed me abrublty there was a £100 deposit(altho bill was already paid)..when I queried why as there was no mention of this when booking we were told because of the mini bar?? I politely informed him we had no intention of using it or paying the £100 and we went to our room. altho nicely decorated it has a cold clinical feel & the bath being right next to the bed is bizarre! as I walked into the bathroom I stood on two small cockroaches in bare feet! upon waking in the room we realised the facilities are very poor, no tea making facilities??? which is a basic expectation when paying so much, we are not materialistic people but a cup of tea upon waking is not much to ask. so we dressed and left, the hotel is a bizarre structure and felt very unwelcoming. a basic b&b will be our booking next time for sure with a friendly atmosphere

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah834
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Last week we spent 3 nights at this hotel. It was an excellent break made all the more enjoyable by the helpful, polite and friendly staff and standards of the rooms at One Leicester Street. In fact I am rather reluctant to write this review as I have found a base in London where I will hopefully return during my quarterly visits to the city and considered keeping this gem to myself.
Three minor complaints.
We were on the 5th (top) floor of the hotel and the lift broke down a couple of times. Access is then via small circular and steep staircase which reminded both myself and my wife of an access staircase in a lighthouse. The staff were extremely apologetic and we were I believe just unlucky, though after climbing the 90 steps after a rather nice meal in Chinatown, I think an oxygen mask and a strategicaly placed defibrillator wouldn't go amiss :-)
My second minor gripe is the fact that there are no 'in room' facilities for making a hot drink, which for me first thing in morning is a must.
Finally number three is the confusion over the breakfast included package, We were one of at least three couples in the hotel who had breakfast included in the price. However, if you are on this package it is a restricted breakfast menu and on the first morning I was surprised to be charged an additional £10 for a full english breakfast.
I witnessed the other two couples confusion during their initial breakfast order, so didn't feel too foolish.
That said, the rooms are spotless, the location superb, the staff warm, friendly and professional.
Thank you for a most enjoyable break.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrevorYorkshire
Reviewed 2 September 2013

very pretentious and over rated and noisy, the food was ok the wine list was terrible, staff should really be working in Hoxton or somewhere where that "look" is more appreciated, it wont last, give me Claridges anyday!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple