“Lots to see!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Churchill War Rooms Entrance Ticket
Ranked #7 of 1,568 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The underground headquarters of the British High Command served as the nerve center of Britain's war effort during World War II.
Hohenfels, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lots to see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was totally cool! SO much history. It is honestly just the same as it was all those years ago - they just turned off the lights and went home when the war was over. The audio tour offers tons on facts and information. My family and I really enjoyed this.

Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Wangaratta, Australia
“A brilliant man”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

A very informative museum. Anybody interested in Churchill or WWII it's a must. Easy to follow around and interactive for younger people. Enjoyable!!

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A must-see! Informative and easy to follow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I kept hearing that we needed to go see this and I was not looking forward to it as much as my teenage son who is a history buff. But, I thoroughly enjoyed the audio, self-guided tour. It's programmed such that you tell it which module to play and when, which is an improvement over some (eg. Alcatraz), which just keeps going and refers you to numbers on the wall - if you get turned around, it's terribly frustrating. Here, you can't. It's well marked and you trigger the audio when YOU'RE ready. It's also laid out so that you really get a feel for what happened in each room - using models and furniture. Other tours I've been on, they might describe what used to be there, but this museum recreates every aspect. I found it very informative. And, the staff was incredibly friendly - even pointing out that we shared a name with one of the historical characters in the tour. This also enhanced our visit. Buy your tickets on-line!...the line to purchase tickets gets quite long and buying them on-line let's you bypass that.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visited this this museum for a second time and again it did not disappoint. Thoroughly thrilling from start to finish. Truly get an insight to life in the war rooms through the war and a good insight into how much of a hero Churchill truly was both on and off the battle field. Only downside is that it is pretty costly and surprisingly do discount entry for students yet not military in an ex military establishment.

greeneville
“One of my favorite things I did in London!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I came to London with a college group, and our days activities were always planned out for us. I had no idea we were going to the Churchill War Rooms until we were actually there, and it turned out to be one of the coolest experiences I had during my time in London. I love learning about WW2, and the war rooms made me feel like I was stepping back in time, as most of the things in these war rooms are left exactly how they were when it was in use. I would certainly go again and recommend this to anyone visiting London who is the least bit interesting in history!

Visited May 2014