“Go!”

and up
Churchill War Rooms Entrance Ticket
Ranked #7 of 1,599 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The underground headquarters of the British High Command served as the nerve center of Britain's war effort during World War II.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 209 helpful votes
“Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I could not imagine what I saw. An archivists dream. The war rooms is an expanse of offices, meeting rooms, map rooms, living areas, production rooms where Churchill and the cabinet conducted the war. PLUS a museum dedicated to Churchill with interactive displays using cutting edge technology. It was almost overwhelming. We arrived at 9:30 and avoided any crowds and left at 11:30. We hadn't realized we were there for that long! We bought our tickets online and by doing so were able to go to bypass everyone (even those with museum passes) and go right in. It's worth every penny

Visited May 2014

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fascinating tour of secret undergound rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Being a history buff, this was on my list of places to visit in London. It's a fascinating journey through once secret rooms beneath London's streets. The audio guide is well worth the cost too.
Some of the rooms are exactly as they were left, when WW2 ended which makes the tour all the more interesting. Some areas are off limits (health & safety possibly) but all in all, an excellent museum that you can feel the atmosphere in. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A history buff's perfect afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nice static displays, very informative, in fact there is so much to read you can't finish it in a day. The audio guide was brilliant, the souvenir shop was stocked w beautiful vintage war posters.

Visited August 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Interesting, a good overview of life in London during WWII”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very interesting exhibit of life in London during WWII with recreations of the extensive rooms underground inhabited by those running the defense of England. The audio tour was very well done and worth the time. There is a lot of walking to access the site and once you are inside. An older member of our party probably should not have accompanied us on this visit. The cafe is only accessible partway through and we were starving in the beginning as it was well past lunch. We had purchased our tickets online, but it was very unclear where to go to "skip the queue" After waiting a while, we went and asked the worker that appeared momentarily and we were ushered right in past the long line. Definitely, buy online.

Visited June 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Very interesting and engaging”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I got 2 for 1 tickets for this attraction by showing our rail tickets - this made the price a bit more reasonable! I'm not sure I would have made it through the door of this attraction had it been full price, which would have been a shame!

The only other thing that stops me giving this excellent attraction a five star is that the actual war rooms are at the end of the 'museum' about Winston himself. This was so interesting and informative that my husband and I spent ages going around it but by the time we got to the actual war rooms we were seriously flagging from standing up, concentrating and walking for so long and the impact for me was much less than it would have been if it had been at the beginning.

Nonetheless we really enjoyed our time here, you get a free audio tour and the exhibit about Winston Churchill and his life from birth to death was excellent and quite moving. I knew nothing about Winston before this but I am now pleased to say I'm an expert!

Visited March 2014