“Fantastic fish and chips”

Oliver's Fish & Chips
Reserve with OpenTable
Oliver's Fish & Chips is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8,435 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$22 - US$46
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I've tried this place several times and it just gets better. We as a family go every Wednesday as my youngest is a celiac (they do gluten free batter every Wednesday) thanks to Oliver's he can have fish and chips.

I strongly recommend the matzo haddock it's very delicious.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We went in New Year's Day and got 2 lots of fish and chips to take. Was really pleased that cooked all fresh to order but didn't find the staff very friendly, maybe they weren't pleased to be working on New Years day. They didn't even advise what the waiting time was. When got home and we started to eat the fish the smell of ammonia was over whelming. This is what happens when the fish is not fresh (according to the internet) I called to tell them and they apologised and asked for my email to send we a voucher to come and try the food again. It didn't arrive. If I am honest I don't think I could face going again. £20 for a meal that went straight in the bin. At that price I was really expecting a lot and I was left very disappointed.

1  Thank Rabbitgoeseast
esref77, Owner at Oliver's Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

i am sorry that you had problem with the fish i would like to confirm that we do use only fresh fish i am not sure why it tasted like that but as to the voucher i was not aware of it not arriving if you could get in touch i will make sure you have the vouchers and that the problems you had were a bit of a glitch.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I was really looking forward to trying Oliver's as I was keen to move away from the traditional greasy Chippie, when the craving for Fish'n'Chips hits. Sadly, Oliver's is not a suitable substitute.

Oliver's most certainly is an upmarket fish'n'chips take-away/restaurant. The menu lacks some of the traditional options usually offered, like sausages in batter, or sausages at all. We ordered their homemade fish cakes, Haddock in matzo meal, cod goujons in traditional batter, mushy peas and chips. Apart from the mushy peas, the rest was tasteless. The chips looked anemic and everything needed salt added.

We left extremely disappointed as we were so looking forward to finding a great chippie near home. Sadly, Oliver's does not hit the spot. We all agreed we will not be going back. The search will have to continue.

1  Thank alix-c-w
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

In London for a weekend, a friend of mine living in chalk farm suggested this little but really nice place for an easy dinner.
A great success: two Cod Fishes brilliant fried and really good french fries. Two beers to drink.
Final bill: 32 pounds
Really sutisfied and strong suggested.
Next time in london, I will come back!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

i have recently moved to the area and had to try my local chippie, it is a bit different from your traditional British chippie there is a Mediterranean twist to it. i had battered cod and my friend had grilled salmon with cajun spices we also had chips to share the portions were more than ample and the food was stunning both the cod and salmon were cooked to perfection the chips were fat chips (thankfully traditional chip shop chips and not like MacDonald's chips) they were really well cooked and crispy. it was well worth the visit and i shall also try there delivery services in the future.