DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
GreenLeadersGold level
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

As per the previous reviews if you are a tourist in London the location could not be better. Right next to Tower of London and London Bridge.
Rooms are small but compact with no character but clean and tidy. The view from the room was a construction site with workmen close to the window which I didnt like - but no fault of the Hiltons.
I would recommend to tourist and business travellers alike but would not want to spend more than two nights.
Overall very good comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear 'Emma853536' ,

Thank you for completing a tripadvisor review from this stay. I'm sorry however that our guest room decor had not particularly appealed and hence you would not wish to stay with us for more than 2 nights.

We do have rooms that offer various layouts and views across our City and so I hope that you may be inclined to return, in order to see which of our other rooms could suit you best.

Our team would be delighted talk this through with you when making a booking or indeed if you just which to make initial enquiries.

We truly hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton London - Tower of London in the not too distant future,

Sincerely

Amy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (882)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Location, location location! An easy walk to Tower Hill and if your cruise ship is docked at Tower Bridge, an easy walk to the pier too.

The room was small compared to some, but is comfortable and has a nice shower. We had arrived at the hotel at 8 am after a long flight from the states and our room wasn't ready so we took a walk over to the Tower of London then went back to the hotel at noon. Our room still wasn't ready. Thanks go to the managers for going the extra mile by finding us a room and letting us check in early.

After a nap, we went out for a bite to eat and just down the street from the hotel and across the street to the entrance of the Tower of London is a pub called The Liberty Bounds. The pub food here is very good. We tried the Fish & Chips and the Steak & Ale pie that were reasonably priced. Find a table and note the table number then go to the bar olace and pay for your order. You'll bring the drinks to the table and when the food is ready someone will deliver it to you.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your positive comments. I'm pleased to see we had eventually been able to allow you early access into your room and I apologise for there being a wait beforehand whilst we had got this ready.

Hopefully we can tempt you to one of our bars and/or the City Cafe restaurant should you return to our hotel in the future!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again,

Kind regards
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This property is located in a great spot. Very close to the underground, within a few minutes you can be shuttling around via the tube. The views from the Sky Lounge were beautiful---really breath taking! Upon entering the hotel, I was greeted by everyone who was in service there. This warm greeting happened every time I walked into the hotel and was very welcoming. I can't say enough about how attentive the staff was--from housekeeping, to reception, to the wait staff in the restaurant and bar tenders in the lounges. Management at this property has done an excellent job of bringing in the right people to serve and host their guests.

My only complaint is that the room I had (King Guest Room) was incredibly small. There was a very small wardrobe for hanging clothes and practically no drawers or storage for other clothes/items. We had two large suitcases, which we had to keep most of our clothes in. Because the room was so small, there was barely enough space to walk around the suitcases and it was inconvenient to keep pulling them onto the bed to get our clothes out. My only other issue with the hotel was the fact that I am a Hilton Diamond member(top tier of their Rewards Program) and was told at check-in that I would be getting an upgrade. I didn't receive an upgrade and the room I reserved was the room I stayed in. Not really a huge issue, but it would have been great to stay in a larger room.

Overall, I have to say that this property is an excellent choice and I will most likely stay here on my next visit to London. The only reason I did not rate the hotel as "Excellent" was the size of the room---but I certainly didn't come to London to sit in the hotel room all day. The room was very clean and quiet with no audible noises from the hallway or connecting rooms. Great choice for our holiday in London!

Room Tip: Try to get the largest room possible as the common rooms are extremely small.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your review and your wonderful comments with regards to our staff's attentiveness. It is great to hear that you had felt warmly welcomed by each and every one of our team.

We are glad you had also found time to visit Skylounge and that the service levels received had stayed consistently high, thank you again!

I am sorry however that it appeared you had not received a room upgrade as part of your Diamond Hhonors status. For all of our Diamond and Gold members we would try to ensure a room upgrade can be applied, or should our availability limit this, your booking will automatically be moved to the next best room type. I apologise you had been somewhat disappointed with the size of your room on this stay and please do not hesitate to mention this as one of your preferences when next booking with us.

We very much look forward to your return visit.

Yours sincerely,

Milano
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights. The location is good, the rooms are ok, quite samll. The bathroom is tiny, but again, everything is clean as you would expect in Hilton hotel.

What I would never have expected is that my watch disappeared from my handbag!! On the last day, I went out and I left my handbag with my watch inside. On the way to the airport, I sadly realised that the watch had disappeared. I called the hotel the following day, and they told me they would carry a full investigation and would let me know. I had to call them twice, because nobody called me to provide any explanation. At the end, they told me that they had not found anything, and that they could not do anything about it! I am really disappointed with this hotel and the bad experience I went through.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel, but if you ever sleep there, beware where you leave your personal belongings!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ZAP9
Clayton NC
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Stayed at Doubletree Tower of London and it was perfect in every way. Hotel room was extremely comfortable and clean. Service was excellent! Location was incredible, not only close to alot of attractions but right off the subway and Thames river for cruise transport, close to restaurants. While all the nicer hotels in London are pricey this one was actually a good value relative to others and worth the price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear 'Teresa W'

Thank you for your review and I'm pleased you had found our hotel to be of excellent value for money. I hope your family all enjoyed their stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again on another occasion soon!

Kindest regards
Reviewed 3 August 2012

The room was clean, enoug for one and nice to be close to a tube station

But 2 negatif points:

At the restaurant, they should train their personal, iordered an aperitif an a glass of wine for the meal, but they served both together( they could have waited with the wine until they served the meal) an then after the meal, I ordered 3 kinds of crême brûlée, I waited for it for 30 minutes, and I got it, when I asked again after seeing, that the persons at the neighbour table got it after 5 minutes waiting, the servers had ignored me completely during that, even knowing, that I had an empty table and no excuse for the delay.The crême brûlée wasnt even one, it was 3 sorts of icecold pudding without any "caramel" on top, so they could change the name of the dessert

The second negatif point was that at the checkout, they wanted to charge me for a second dinner of 2 persons( same eveing that i took mine). After checking the bills, i noticed,that a second bill was added to mine with a completely other roomnumber ond signature. I got an excuse for it, but for such a highstandard hotel i'm expecting, that they would notice that 2 different bills especially 2 different roomnumbers and signatures cant go together( not to mentionn, that a single person ate for 3)

Stayed July 2012
Dear 'Jitzi'

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you during this stay.

Your feedback will be brought to the attention of our Restaurant team and Kitchen and we are sorry the crème brulee desert had not exceeded your expectations. We do take great care in offering extensive training to all of our waiting staff however it is clear that on this occasion we had failed to fully understand your request for an aperitif and we will be following up on this.

Secondly I apologise there appears to have been a discrepancy with a charge added to your bill that was not yours. I trust our staff had been able to remove this immediately without too much of a delay however I apologise you had needed to bring this to our attention.

I hope you will be inclined to visit the DoubleTree Tower of London again in order for us to restore your faith in us.

In the meantime do let me know if you require any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Booked the hotel due to having stopped at the Doubletree Westminster, Room was fantastic with a great view or Tower bridge. Arrived earlier then i should have, reception took my bags to room for me and wasn't no trouble, Nice large glass of porchetta e champagne before a short walk to the tube station.
Staff very friendly but breakfast the next morning was mad, restaurant was full, staff running around like headless chickens. 25 mins wait before getting seated and this was early 7:45am. The head waiter seated me near the entrance where all the other waiting guests was looking hoping id move soon.

The waiter came and asked did i want tea & coffee (Standard) and if i wanted the full English.!
i waited and waited and waited, but no Full English turned up, during my wait i asked 3 waitress but still no joy, others was waiting so the buffet bar was taking a beating,

Cheese roll and pastry didn't quite cut it. The milk for the cereals was warm, not the best breakfast. upon leaving i bumped into the head waiter who'd seated me and just pointed out that id not received my breakfast and wasn't expecting to be charged he just lifted his shoulders.

overall a very busy hotel, new modern to a very high standard, But next time id go back to the Westminster Doubletree, they made me feel more special.

Room Tip: Top of Hotel looking over Tower Bridge and other sights of London.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andy C
Dear 'Andy C'

Thank you for your comments and it is great to hear our reception staff had helped to make your arrival a seamless process.

I'm very sorry however your impressions of City Café restaurant had not been matching to this and subsequently you had suffered delays in being served your breakfast. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require assistance in having your breakfast charges removed from your bill for the morning in question and once again my apologies this had occurred.

Furthermore thank you for your feedback regarding items on the buffet, which is certainly not the standard we are striving towards and this will be taken on board.

We hope there will be an opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Yours sincerely