“Excellent Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
Ranked #245 of 1,073 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stayed 2-4 February. We have stayed in several central London hotels before and this hotel Icompletely ticked all the boxes. I agree with all the comments made about the services (including the comfy bed and room temperature - very important!). The breakfast was excellent. On the second morning I had the best poached eggs ever tasted! Don't miss the incredible views from the Sky lounge on the top floor. Would highly recommend the hotel for business users or if you are visiting our fine City! Enjoy. I did not put any personal details on the feedback card but completed "Excellent"!!

Room Tip: Our room faced the back and whilst no particular view, it was blissfully quiet, as I imagine all the...
Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London

Reviewed 8 February 2013

This hotel made my son's trip from the free cookie to the Apple TV and bathroom. The little touches are nice, Crabtree & Evelyn products, comfy bed, air con ( I struggle with hot hotel bedrooms and got the temp down enough to sleep comfortably.) My son filled in a feedback card and we had a callback thanking us for our comments within hours of leaving. Didn't get to see the sky lounge but will definitely try and stay here again to have a look. Good location 1minutes walk from the tube at tower hill. Lovely, definitely worth a revisit.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank julesjackson73
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed here for a conference yesterday (feb 7th). Good conference facilities and was pleasantly surprised by the rooms. The staff were excellent and very helpful. Rooms were modern and clean with free wi-fi. The website didn't do this hotel justice as I was apprehensive before arriving but left very pleased with the whole aspect of this hotel. Well done double tree! Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed for one night at the end of January for my birthday, we paid for the hotel as a package with theatre tickets. We were really impressed with the hotel, reception was really helpful and had both received a cookie on arrival. Our room was really clean and my boyfriend was impressed with the Apple Mac! We went up to the sky lounge which had great views but drinks are really expensive. Breakfast was organised and pleased with the options.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Absolutley loved this hotel. The staff were very friendly and attentive and you even get a warm cookie on arrival. Nice touch.
Got a really good deal for a Friday night.
It's also a minute walk from Fenchurch Station and a few mins from Tower Hill underground. Great location.
I would definitley recommend this hotel and go back there myself

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree Tower Hill from 2/2/13 until 4/2/13. The staff I must say were honestly the friendliest I have ever experienced. In particular the Night Manager and staff at the reception were extremely helpful throughout our stay. We had a young child with us and they were very helpful in making sure we were comfortable throughout the stay.

The room was well equipped and a good size. It was extremely clean including the bathroom. Room service was excellent.

The hotel itself is a 1 minute walk from the Tower Hill Underground Station providing access to the rest of London with ease.

I would definitely recommend this to those staying in London - it is ideal for people on business but the hotel and staff is also family friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Excellent location, comfortable rooms and amazing view from the roof bar. Unfortunately it was let down by extremely slow service in the bar at the top of the hotel due to poor organization of staff.

The receptionist was lovely at check-in though unfortunately did not provide any information on the offers available to us as guests at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review however I'm very sorry to hear there had been 2 particular areas of your experience which you had felt let down by.

I hope that we were able to quickly rectify any confusion with regards to what had been included with your booking, however I will be ensuring our Reception team are made aware of your feedback and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Additionally please may I ask you to contact me if ever you can consider returning to our Skylounge as I would love to help in booking you a nice table with your first drink (and a drink for a guest) on us. (Some drinks would be excluded from this). In light of these circumstances we feel it important we can restore your faith and provide you with a relaxing experience in the gorgeous Skylounge.

Whilst the Skylounge can experience very busy periods on our peak nights, this doesn't excuse any failings you had found in the way in which we had taken care of you and I am very sorry.

You are welcome to contact our Switchboard and they can offer you my direct contact details. I hope we can welcome you back to DoubleTree and the Skylounge soon.

Kindest regards