DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
US$204
  • Pool
US$203
6,318 results
All reviewssky loungerooftop bartower hill tube stationnatural kitchencity cafeapple tvdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungeon arrivaltop floorweekend breakmodern hoteldecent sizewest endfull englishimac
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed just one night here but it was grate, room was loverly and staff where excellent, the in-room mac/tv was broken in our room but after a phone call to reception the maintenance man came up but could not fix it so we had to move room , this was no major Inconvenience as they kept us on the same floor, would stop again

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bennyc-1
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our first experience of DoubleTree since we stayed in one in Rochester NY some years ago. We had a great experience then - and were not disappointed this time. Were upgraded (wife's birthday weekend) at check in. The staff were extremely professional and courteous.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was a last minute booking and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised.

The staff were lovely, the room was one of the biggest on the floor and the location was brilliant!

The natural kitchen was great too...lots of lovely treats which I thoroughly recommend.

If you are in the area, check out skylounge on the 12th floor.....oh my goodness what a view!!!

We will be visiting this hotel again without a doubt.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura L
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear 'Laura L'

Thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor, I'm thrilled to hear you would look to visit us again! Thanks for mentioning our staff and that you had liked your room & the space available (we are so proud of our team and it’s great you found everybody to be welcoming).

Do let us know what we can do next time around to make sure any future stay can be even better! And in the meantime thank you again for the fantastic feedback!

Kind regards,
Amy

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed for the second time for one night. We Love the modern take and comfort feel of the rooms at doubletree and how you know what you'll get. Also very close to tower hill tube station and a lot of sights.

Upgraded to executive room for £20 before arriving, main benefit was breakfast included but you also get access to executive lounge and slippers and robe (although it is a horrendously heavy towel robe that scratches you).

Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. Very busy but staff worked hard to keep the tables turning over.

Check in and out was a breeze. Left our bags with reception (and shopping) on two occasions without any hassle.

A little disappointed that arrival cookies still all have nuts in! But if that's all I can complain about it shows how happy we were with our stay. Will be back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi 'Michellekcr',

Thank you for your review and for pointing out what things you feel we could improve on. However small, it is good to receive this information so we can take a note of it and see where we can make changes!

I'm really sorry to hear that you had found the bathrobe in your room to be on the dry side, and this will be something I pick up on with the Housekeeping team. Again, thank you for making us aware.

I'm really sorry if you have a nut allergy or do not like nuts, which will prevent you from being able to enjoy our DoubleTree signature cookie. Do let us know if there is an alternative 'sweet treat' we can provide you with instead, such as from our delicious lobby bar cake/pastry selection, and we'd be more than happy to have something sent up to your room next time around.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon,

Kindest regards
Amy

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I spent a very pleasent stay at this hotel, which really surprised me positively on multiple levels. The hotel was built only few years ago, so it appears very modern and bright. Once I arrived I checked in without any problems and went to my room on 9th floor. It was facing an inner courtyard, so despite the lack of view I could enjoy some peace and quiet. A fine detail is the ability to open a small window allowing you some fresh air during the night - this always gives me a better sleep than using the AC. Room size was actually quite nice, especially compared to similar hotels in London.

I highly recommend visiting the Sky Lounge, which offers great cocktails and fine views over Tower Hill. The executive lounge is definitely seen better, but offers the essentials (warm snacks, beer, wine, etc). Breakfast is really something which surprised me positively. Usually DoubleTree breakfasts are few levels under the standard of Hilton breakfasts. However this specific hotel offers a fantastic selection across the buffet.

I will most definitely be coming back

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business