6,522 results
All reviewssky loungerooftop bartower hill tube stationnatural kitchencity cafeapple tvdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungeon arrivaltop floorexcellent locationweekend breakmodern hoteldecent sizewest endimac
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a great little hotel, particularly because I only paid £115 per night and stayed for 3 nights. It is right next to the Tower of London and Tower Bridge and very handy for the tube. The rooftop bar is amazing and would be lovely to sit out in the summer with great views over Tower bridge and of the Shard and Gherkin. Only problem at weekends is that not of the pubs close to the hotel are open because it is in the city of London and is more popular with workers. Also I was disappointed that I didn't get Hilton Honours points. I'm not sure why but maybe because the rate was cheap, I wasn't eligible.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear 'Kelly A'

Thank you for your feedback from this stay in November, and it’s great to hear that you're already thinking of coming back to Skylounge to take in the sun's rays in the summer!! It’s a great spot to enjoy the fine weather that's for sure!

By all means please do not hesitate to contact me regarding the issue of receiving Hhonors points from this stay and I would be happy to look into this and to help explain why this was the case. I'm sorry for any disappointment this had caused and we are delighted you have decided to join our Hhonors rewards program.

We hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Tower of London and our family of hotels soon,

Kindest regards
Amy

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I was welcomed by friendly staff, a choc chip cookie and a bottle of red wine in my room. The rooms were neat, clean and comfortable.
Positives:
- Warm welcome,
- Friendly service,
- Bottles of water are placed in your room each day as well as biscuits,
- Comfortable bed

Negatives:
- The room service food from the bar is not good,
- The cupboards to hand your clothing is in an awkward corner in the room (small as well),
- Heater is too loud,
- Bathroom door is not able to stay open and closes itself each time,
- The soap dispensers in the shower & bathroom do not work well and is frustrating to use when wanting to wash hands/shower.
- Rooms are a bit dull where there is not enough lighting available,
- Internet connection is bad, this did not help when having to work from the room and for calling home via skype.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for going into detail, about what had been positive and what we could have improved on during your stay in December.

We do very much appreciate being given specific feedback, on what areas of the hotel stop any of our guest's experience from being great, to being perfect, and we will ensure your comments are taken on board.

I apologise you had been effected by a lack of internet connection in your room and if you had chosen not to report this to us, I'm very sorry for how this will have effected being able to connect with your loved ones.

If you do ever know of a time you will be returning, please may I ask for you to contact me directly, as I would welcome an opportunity to assist with your reservation and ensure any return stay is not marred by the same issues.

Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you a very happy New Year.

Kindest regards
Amy

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel a few weeks back for my girlfriends birthday. Got a great rate of £115 on a Friday night in December. The room was lovely. You even had your own Apple Mac! We stayed in a standard queen room and although a touch on the small side it had everything you needed from complementary water to an ironing board. As I said earlier, it was my girlfriends birthday and guest relations gave us a lovely happy birthday plate with chocolates and a card. Nice touch! The sky bar was great! Unfortunately there is some building work going on next to the hotel but the view over tower bridge and the shard was stunning. Drinks were on the pricey side but for a hilton in Central London it was to be expected. On the night out I lost my wallet and the guest relations manager Lee Mills kindly gave me and my girlfriend a glass of champagne to cheer us up and for her 30th. The tube station is a 2 minute walk as was the Tower of London. Over all this is a fantastic hotel with great staff who were very helpful from start to finish. I would happily recommend to all my friends and family.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I had issues with payment before even arriving at the hotel which were resolved after a few phone calls and emails.
Check in was quick and the reception area nice and spacious. We were told our twin room was ready and went up to find we were in a double, phoned down to reception and the issue was easily resolved.
Room was nice, but basic. it does not have the cosy feel of some of the other Doubletrees I have been to. Bathroom was very nice, stylish and clean.
We went down for breakfast in the morning to find that despite booking it in advance we were not on the list. We had to go to reception and show our initial booking confirmation to resolve this error.
A bit of confusion over the Sky Deck - the web site said no under 18s after 6pm, but the information received at the hotel just said "no under 18s". We asked at reception and it was ok to take my son up before 6pm so we headed up to take in the view. It was very impressive!
On the second morning we received a restaurant bill when we had not eaten there. I had to head down to reception again and wait while they checked what had happened - it turned out the bill was for another room.
I don't like to have to go to reception while I'm away, never mind complain. Customer service was ok before and during my stay but it felt like the onus was on me to prove I was telling the truth and I didn't feel comfortable.
I complained after arriving home and customer service was good, I was offered both honors points and a return trip at a reduced rate with an upgrade and welcome pack. Since I was returning to London in May I thought this was a nice offer, the offer price was actually a little more than my last stay but it is a bank holiday weekend and I thought with the upgrade and welcome pack it would make for a special stay. The confirmation looks like a standard room had been booked though....hmmmm, I guess we'll have to see what happens, I really don't feel comfortable complaining that I didn't get the free extras I was expecting!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2013

A new build hotel close to Tower Hill tube and Fenchurch St train station. Easy to get to the River for a run along the embankment.

I really like it: very clean, decent size rooms, good breakfast buffet. The rooms are quiet and beds comfortable. Staff are friendly and not intrusive

The use of an iMac for in room entertainment is also nice: serves double duty as both TV and in room computer (one wonders how many Apple remotes go walkabout).

Definitely my hotel of choice for this part of London.

Oh, the plumbing? A triumph of contemporary design over function. The sink is of the square type with barely any gradient to help drain - expect to wipe down after a shaving. The tap/faucet aims directly at the plug hole so water bounces out of the sink when you open it fully. And as for the toilet.. close the lid before you flush otherwise your knees down will get sprayed with water bouncing out of the bowl.

Whichever interior designer thought these were a good idea should be forced to live with them every day. My thoughts are with the cleaning staff.

So, expect to get wet outside the shower! Thankfully, the shower is nice, reasonable size and water pressure so you can have a proper shower after the inadvertent one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business