6,644 results
All reviews sky lounge rooftop bar natural kitchen tower hill tube station city cafe apple tv double tree warm cookies the executive lounge on arrival top floor weekend break modern hotel decent size west end imac skylounge
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We checked in last 21and 22dec2013 for a business trip.i was surprised because of hospitality and accomodating staff of this hotel! Very clean and big rooms ! Nice to stay and feel comfort! My compliments !

AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree Tower of London for this recent business trip! It is great to hear you were impressed by our facilities and the friendliness of our staff (thank you) and I hope this means we are able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

In the meantime if our team and I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Second stay at the Doubletree Tower Bridge. First stayed here in February 2013, great room then, great room last night. Excellent check in with Jorge who was very friendly, very efficient and handed me my complimentary warm cookie with more to come if I wanted, who wouldn't ?!

Had room 1015 which was on the Executive Floor, beautifully clean and well appointed, my only gripe ? Those wretched Apple TV's, they are so complicated, tried unsuccessfully for 30 minutes to load a DVD, tho the manual said "please be patient - this can take up to 25 seconds to load" - yeah right, I gave up in the end and went to bed lol. Please Hilton, get shot of Apple !

Check out early this morning was again, very efficient and ultra friendly from Lorca, I shall be returning to this great hotel, great location and great staff.

Room tip: All rooms are excellent, try to get a room with a view of Tower Bridge
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear 'Rich A'

It is fantastic to hear you had chosen to return to the DoubleTree Tower of London after your stay with us in February (thank you!), and to see you were particularly impressed by certain members of our team is very pleasing indeed. We have informed our Reception Managers accordingly so we can recognise these individuals for doing a great job!

We're really sorry however that you were somewhat disappointed with the iMac in your room. We have provided new user instructions for our iMacs, however your comments will be taken on board, and we hope this wouldn't deter you from coming back again in the future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor and please let our team and I know if there is anything we can help you with!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in a good location. The staff are all very friendly through our stay included hot cookies on arrival. . The standard queen room was excellent and very clean. We eat up in the sky lounge with views over the Tower of London and London Bridge. The food was excellent. If you want to stay in a hotel with Iconic views of the London sky line then this is it. I would recommend this hotel. The tube station is only five minutes walk away as well.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear 'Kevin N'

Thanks for your very kind review and for taking the time to explore the hotel's facilities, namely the Skylounge! Thank you for specifically mentioning you had thought the food in Skylounge to be excellent, and your room had been cleaned to a high standard (our housekeepers do a marvellous job).

May 2014 bring us gorgeous weather to our City so our guests and visitors have every opportunity possible to enjoy the views from the Terrace!!

If we can ever be of assistance in the future please let us know.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a great little hotel, particularly because I only paid £115 per night and stayed for 3 nights. It is right next to the Tower of London and Tower Bridge and very handy for the tube. The rooftop bar is amazing and would be lovely to sit out in the summer with great views over Tower bridge and of the Shard and Gherkin. Only problem at weekends is that not of the pubs close to the hotel are open because it is in the city of London and is more popular with workers. Also I was disappointed that I didn't get Hilton Honours points. I'm not sure why but maybe because the rate was cheap, I wasn't eligible.

Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 'Kelly A'

Thank you for your feedback from this stay in November, and it’s great to hear that you're already thinking of coming back to Skylounge to take in the sun's rays in the summer!! It’s a great spot to enjoy the fine weather that's for sure!

By all means please do not hesitate to contact me regarding the issue of receiving Hhonors points from this stay and I would be happy to look into this and to help explain why this was the case. I'm sorry for any disappointment this had caused and we are delighted you have decided to join our Hhonors rewards program.

We hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree Tower of London and our family of hotels soon,

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I was welcomed by friendly staff, a choc chip cookie and a bottle of red wine in my room. The rooms were neat, clean and comfortable.
Positives:
- Warm welcome,
- Friendly service,
- Bottles of water are placed in your room each day as well as biscuits,
- Comfortable bed

Negatives:
- The room service food from the bar is not good,
- The cupboards to hand your clothing is in an awkward corner in the room (small as well),
- Heater is too loud,
- Bathroom door is not able to stay open and closes itself each time,
- The soap dispensers in the shower & bathroom do not work well and is frustrating to use when wanting to wash hands/shower.
- Rooms are a bit dull where there is not enough lighting available,
- Internet connection is bad, this did not help when having to work from the room and for calling home via skype.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for going into detail, about what had been positive and what we could have improved on during your stay in December.

We do very much appreciate being given specific feedback, on what areas of the hotel stop any of our guest's experience from being great, to being perfect, and we will ensure your comments are taken on board.

I apologise you had been effected by a lack of internet connection in your room and if you had chosen not to report this to us, I'm very sorry for how this will have effected being able to connect with your loved ones.

If you do ever know of a time you will be returning, please may I ask for you to contact me directly, as I would welcome an opportunity to assist with your reservation and ensure any return stay is not marred by the same issues.

Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you a very happy New Year.