“excellent position.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
Ranked #254 of 1,078 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Perfect location, great hotel. Close to tower hill tube & pier. Fantastic views from the sky lounge. Breakfast food good but stuff ran out quickly & had to wait for refills. Staff friendly & efficient. Room lovely.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,009)

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and chose it again because it is perfect for a weekend in London. Very central and handy for the Tube and Thames Clippers whatever your preferred mode of transport! Staff all very freindly and helpful at all times. Prices for drinks in the Sky lounge are expensive but the view over the Tower and Tower Bridge are amazing after dark. Be aware there is a Service charge for waitress service which I was not aware of until I received my bill. Overall an enjoyable stay and a good base to explore London and I will stay again. Tip for fellow travellers. There are many small restaurants within a two minute walk that serve Full English Breakfast etc for £6.50 if you find the Breakfast prices in this hotel a little steep.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert J
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Highly recommended. Room very clean and beds excellent and comfortable. Views from the rooftop bar are excellent. Drink are typically expensive as would be expected for lunch. Staff extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here with my husband for two nights on a break to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

The location of the hotel is great, as is the Skylounge - great views of the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and the 'Gherkin'. Lobby bar is also nice, in a lovely atrium setting.

We had a few issues during our stay - we were told by the receptionist on check in that as gold card members we could have access to the executive lounge, only to be embarrassingly turned away by the staff when we visited the lounge itself. We also found the room on our first night to be uncomfortably hot (turned heating off and had to sleep with window open, in late October!) and somewhat unclean (red wine stains all over the bed base and carpet.)

I'm not usually one to complain in hotels but we did so given we had a number of issues. To give credit to the manager he moved us to a new room for our second night, and gave us a bottle of wine in our room and a free drink in the Skylounge.

I've previously stayed in a Doubletree in Amsterdam and the rooms were almost identical in style, they certainly had the same furniture. The Apple TVs/computers were a nice touch, as was the artwork - photographs taken locally.

I probably would stay here again as it was good value. Had we had our second room from the outset I possibly would have given a 4 rather than a 3 rating. I judge hotels based on whether they live up to my expectations - if I don't pay much I don't expect too much. If I pay a lot, as I believe I did in this case, then I expect things to be right first time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AW1
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Have stayed in many London Hotels and this remains my favourite. The Hotel facilities and staff have been excellent on every occasion from check-in to check out. The warm cookies on arrival are a nice touch. The rooms are quiet and beds comfy enabling a fantastic nights sleep. Cannot praise enough.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed for two nights on business, hotel is clean and comfortable, I was upgraded to a larger room which was also nice. Had breakfast in the hotel which had a good selection of hot & cold food/drinks. The real great thing about this hotel is the location and the 12 floor Skyline bar, really great view of Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. Staff where friendly and helpful when needed, would stay again on either business or lesuire

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Couldn't fault the facilities and service. The sky lounge is something you have to experience. Everything was clean and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were comfortable and quiet which meant we had a great nights sleep. Plus the bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple