“Exceptional service and great location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
Ranked #245 of 1,073 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My boyfriend and I went to London for a long weekend. Having recently stayed at other Double Tree Hotels, we did a search and identified the Tower of London which was suitably located in the area we needed to stay.

As it were visiting London for my boyfriend's birthday, I requested if it was possible to have an upgrade. This request was kindly accommodated and we were offered a lovely room on the 10th floor, which was just below the top floor where the Skybar is located.

Our room was spacious and with a beautiful view. The upgrade received gave us access to the executive bar and also included complimentary breakfast which for £5 charge was served in our bedroom.

Staff was pleasant and accommodating and when we left at 3pm (courtesy of a late check out) we both felt we had a lovely staying and we said to each other we will certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear 'Katrobin'

Thank you for the wonderful comments you have shared about your stay on trip advisor! I can see we still didn't quite hit the mark to get a perfect score from you, and I wondered if you would be so kind as to let us know how we could improve for your next visit to the DoubleTree Tower of London? If you do ever feel inclined, please do not hesitate to message us.

Thank you again for the great feedback, we're thrilled you were able to receive an upgrade in order to celebrate your Boyfriends birthday, and hope we see you again soon!

Warm regards

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed for one night and overall the hotel was very good.The reception staff were very pleasant, the room was clean & comfortable and the location was fantastic! The only issue we had was when we tried to use Northern Irish banknotes in the Skylounge bar. The staff did not appear to know that these notes are legal UK tender despite it saying 'sterling' on the notes. After speaking with a manager we were assured this would not happen again but when we went to get another drink the barmaid refused the money again causing us to have to complain again to a different manager. This was very embarassing and not what we would expect from a Hilton hotel. We really appreciated that the hotel manager took the time to speak with us the next morning and hope that the staff will be educated so that this does not happen again. We would stay in the hotel again & would recommend it as every other aspect of our stay was great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate being given specific information on what had happened during this particular stay. Thank you for mentioning that our Hotel Manager had been able to spend some time with you in order to personally apologise and this is something we have shared with our wider team to ensure mistakes cannot be repeated.

Whilst we have every confidence that our team members had the best of intentions, we would never wish to cause any unnecessary embarrassment to our guests or visitors and I'm very sorry you were made to feel like this.

Thank you very much indeed for saying you will look to return again, we look forward to welcoming you back soon, and please let us know how we can be of any assistance in the meantime.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and it did not disappoint. Warm cookie on arrival is a real little treat. The whole experience was excellent. We will never stay at another London hotel again, it is excellent value for money and the roof terrace is an added bonus. A must for any traveller

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 'Lee D',

We were so very grateful to receive your trip advisor review (thank you), and are delighted the DoubleTree by Hilton London – Tower of London has become your hotel of choice when in London!

As mentioned in my previous email, please do reach out to us if ever we can be of any assistance in the future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Traveling on business is generally stressful, but hte staff at this hotel made sure I had what I needed and went the extra step of helping me find my way around. They printed out directions or gave me a few public transportation options. They also ensured I was comfortable inmy room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank marybO9199EX
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for saying that our team had gone out of their way to ensure you had everything you needed during this stay at the DoubleTree Tower of London!

It's especially nice to hear you were given print outs to help you find the nearest transport links to the hotel, it’s the least we can do, and I'm delighted to hear this had been helpful.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

All the very best,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I just want to say how very impressed my husband and I were with the service in the hotel when we stayed this month. Nothing was too much trouble-from giving directions to recommending local places to eat. The staff were very polite and friendly without being too familiar-very important to us both. The room was perfect, with very little noise from outside. We are definitely going to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fatcat_10

Dear Reviewer,

Wow!... Thank you for posting such an amazing review on trip advisor following this stay with your husband in February. We are so proud of our team for going the extra mile and ensuring we could do everything possible to make you feel welcome and looked after.

It's fantastic to hear that you will stay with us again (thank you) and if we can help you with any of your arrangements, as always, please just ask.

See you very soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is a very friendly, clean hotel and all staff were very helpful with any queries we had. My children loved the warm cookie on arrival. All meals we had were excellent. The buffet breakfast was outstanding. All in all a great experience

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear 'Oliver_Bennett'

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor.

We're thrilled you had such a great experience and if ever we can be of any help to you in the future please reach out to us anytime!

Kindest regards from everybody at the DoubleTree Tower of London.... (and once again many congratulations on being selected as our Facebook competition winner! Very well deserved!)....

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just back from our first stay in this hotel. Booked it because of location and reviews of the sky lounge. Check it was great loved the cookies got decent room high floor with a part view of the gherkin. Didn't get the E upgrade applied for, for the executive room but as we had already booked king dulex room the only difference would have been the use of the executive lounge and a free newspaper. Room was quite good along with bathroom or to be more precise showeroom no bath.
Have to say overall good hotel, location, breakfast and staff apart from ONE.
We had been looking forward to our visit to the sky lounge for a relaxing few drinks and take in the views. Went up it look fantastic with a good buzz for an Saturday early evening.
Spotted a nice table that was free but with the leftovers of afternoon tea on it. Asked a member of staff if they would mind clearing the table for us so we could use, and got the following reply and I kid you not I am busy could you not sit there instead. Now if I wanted to sit there I would not have asked for that table to be cleared (the table point at by the staff member was right at the edge of the bar as you would come along the corridor) so not really that relaxing as people would be walking behind you all the time. Anyways we sat at the table pointed to and had one glass of wine each sat for 20-30 minutes and the same member of staff never bothered to clear that table must have beneath her role. From her dress I would guess that this was in fact the manager. I would suggest that this staff member needs some training regarding customer service.
On check out I was asked how did we enjoy our stay I hesitated as I don't normally like to complain but I couldn't let that incident go as it did greatly affect our stay especially our visit to the sky lounge as we didn't use it later that evening as planned we went to all bar one nearby.
Suffice to say the member of staff on checkout handled my issue with true professionalism and is a credit to the hotel

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple