DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
Ranked #223 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel is very close to attractions and good restaurants. The room was clean and confortable, the staff was great and friendly. Breakfast was OK . For being in the center of London, the room was not so expansive. I will suggest this place

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear 'Taylor S'

Thanks for suggesting us to others as a hotel to stay in when coming to London! I'm delighted you had found all of our team members to be friendly (thank you for mentioning this in your review) and I hope your experience will mean you will feel inclined to visit us again in the future!

In the meantime do let us know if we can be of any assistance,

Warmest regards,
Amy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (854)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We chose this hotel mainly because of its proximity to a wedding we were attending. However, it was a super choice and I would certainly use again if I found myself needing somewhere to stay in the area. We were able to check in before the official check in time which was great for us because we really needed to leave our bags somewhere safe. In any case I had emailed ahead and they had confirmed we could use the 'bag store' if our room was not ready. Check in was quick and efficient and we enjoyed our welcome cookie! The room was clean, good size, wonderful comfy bed and had all the facilities you could need. The shower was lovely too. We didn't use any of the restaurants but we did have a very nice gin and tonic in the lobby bar. I thought this was reasonably priced and once again the staff were polite and efficient. Check out the following day was easy and there were plenty of taxis waiting for onward travel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed last weekend for one night. We arrived well before check-in and enquired if they had a bag drop facility. They let us check in 2 hours early. The room was very clean with everything you could possibly need; extremely comfortable bed, clean, modern and well lit bathroom, safe, Apple TV, fridge, iron etc. Despite it appearing that the hotel was fairly busy the room was extremely quiet and we had a great night's sleep. Self check out was quick and easy.

The only one thing that was of concern was the heating. Despite turning the thermostat down to the minimum the temperature of the room was way too hot, ok if you like it like that but we didn't. But we lived with it so not to worry.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 'Julie T'

Thank you for choosing our hotel as a base for your weekend in London and for mentioning that our team were able to check you into your room ahead of time, you're absolutely welcome!

I'm so sorry however that you had found your room a little on the warm side and if this had started to become uncomfortable we sincerely apologise. If possible, if you do ever have time to contact me to confirm your room number and booking details, we will ensure this can be looked at right away.

I very much hope this wouldn’t deter you from staying with us again and if there is anything further we can help you with do let us know.

Kindest regards
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

A really superb location, and a bright- modern, spacious property (unlike many of the provincial, rather tatty Hilton properties in the UK!) The Sky bar area is very cool, and the quality of food on offer for breakfast is excellent. The standard room which we booked was remarkably spacious for a central London property, and I can only imagine how much better the executive rooms are. Doubletree cookies are, as always, most welcome additions and the friendly greeting at check-in was certainly a plus. Being located within spitting distance of the tube (Tower Hill station) and so close to the Tower of London, it's a great place for anyone wanting a little RnR in London near to some of the main tourist sights.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HiltonEnthusiast101
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed at the Double Tree Hilton twice now, once on business and once for pleasure, both experiences were great and everyone treated us with a "nothing is too much trouble" attitude. The warm cookies on arrival were great to warm the soul from a long journey too !!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Retford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Myself & my partner stayed here for a one night stay on 22nd March. It was my partners 40th birthday, so it was a birthday getaway to see the sights etc.

First of all, we couldn't believe how near to Tower Hill tubr station it was, literally a 2 minutes walk. The hotel looked very nice on arrival, we were soon greeted by a lovely gentleman on reception called Lee Mills. Can I just say that Lee has to be one of the most friendliest and most professional member of staff we have ever come across in a hotel. He was so lovely and made some extra special touches to make our stay absolutely brilliant. He really made an effort in regards to it beinh my partners birthday, such as...giving us complimentary access to the 24 hr executive lounge. ..free drink tokens for later that night in the Sky Lounge (which by the way...did amazing cocktails and the views were breathtaking) and left us a very special personalised plate of chocolate truffles in our room which we found when we returned later that day! Our stay was excellent. ..the room was so clean, bed very comfy and location you couldn't fault. ..we really wish we could of stayed an extra night! But we will hopefully return later on in the year. Many thanks to Lee Mills & all other staff for an excellent stay!

• Stayed March 2014
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I must say that I use this hotel regularly for business due to location but the service and standards are ussually of a good high standard. however on this occassion I checked in after an early start to catch a flight all day at work and I was looking forward to a warm meal and a good nights sleep. It was c.20;00 when I checked in and made my way to my room. I unpacked and called room service to find out the kitchen was out of commission and had been for some time. I thought reception could've told me about this before i made my way to my room otherwise I would have went out. Although reception tried their best to look afterme I felt rather annoyed as staying here isn't cheap.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Robert D
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear 'Robert D',

Thank you for your kind comments regarding why the DoubleTree Tower of London has become your chosen hotel when travelling on business, however I apologise you have needed to share what had been disappointing from this recent trip. Unfortunately our team member had been incorrect to advise this had been a problem that had been ongoing for some time. Rather, at the time of your check in, moments later we experienced a technical fault with our gas supply to the Kitchen which subsequently meant we had been unable to serve hot food until further notice. During your check in our Reception team had therefore been unaware of this incident.

I'm aware we had been able to arrange a complimentary meal via our friends at the Natural Kitchen and delivered this to your room. I'm very sorry there had been a period of time you had needed to wait to order food and I'm pleased our team had taken the initiative to ensure you were able to enjoy a meal.

This had been an isolated incident and we deeply apologise you remained unsatisfied with how our team had assisted you on this night.

Kind regards