“DoubleTree Tower of London Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
Ranked #256 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent hotel, staff, facilities. Would recommend and will use again when visiting London. Location could not have been more convenient. Staff always either had the answer to questions or promptly got us an answer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (6,009)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Accommodation, service and food were first class. Staff were friendly. I do not normally sleep well in hotels but I did here. The only problem related to getting a VAT invoice for my stay which I have still not been able to obtain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear 'BristolEddie'

Thank you so much for the postiive review and for mentioning that our staff, as well as the quality of your bed, had made this a very enjoyable stay. We're delighted to hear.

I'm very sorry you haven't yet received your invoice, our Receptionist had alerted me to your review and will ensure you can receive this shortly, if you can contact us on trip advisor (Or call our switchboard) with your stay details. Once again I apologise you have needed to chase us.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know,

Kind regards
Amy

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have never stayed with Doubletree before and I found the Hotel at Tower Bridge in London to be exceptional. The service was outstanding and I will certainly be staying there again when I next come to London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was a long weekend trip to London. We honestly loved the hospitality of the place. The staff was nice and polite. Really loved the executive lounge.
Would be better if hotel guests would be somehow "preferred" or welcomed @roofterrace.

Room Tip: choose the executive king room to have an amazing view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Doubletree seems like a very nice modern hotel. The lobby is large and airy and it has a very slick appearance. However the rooms are a bit disappointing. The room size is small even for London. The closet is a miniscule structure in the back of the room that barely has room for a few suits and two very small drawers for shirts and other items. Because they also stuck the safe on the bottom, there's no room for long items like a dress. I cant recall ever staying at a hotel that did not have a decent closet near the entrance where you could hang cloths and toss your shoes on the floor. The bathroom is also quite small. I also didn't love the fact that a 20" computer monitor doubles up as the TV. It is a generous size for a monitor but makes for a very small TV screen.
Breakfast is decent but has limited selections and i've seen better in many hotels of this level.
Yes there's the spectacular rooftop lounge but you can visit that without being a hotel guest. So i think i will try a different hotel when i'm next in town.

2  Thank orrdin
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I found this hotels prices vs's level of accommodation and staff skillset to bear no relationship whatsoever to each other. Although our stay was planned for two nights I ended up (at great inconvenience to our schedule) cancelling our second nights stay and moving to another hotel.

1  Thank Morris H

Dear 'Morris H'

Thank you for allowing us to contact you in order to discuss your experience and to allow us to investigate your feedback as thoroughly as possible.

As discussed I will be in touch to confirm how we would like to offer you some form of compensation for the areas of your stay that had fallen short.

In the meantime please let us know if there is anything else we can help to address for you,

Kind regards
Amy

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've stayed here before and the previous stay was good.

The basic requirements in the hotel are still completely fulfilled, in that the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was great (with a very welcoming team of staff in the Exec Lounge)

However, this time, the shower door was broken, the TV / Apple kit didn't respond to its remote (I turned it on and then could not turn it off), the aircon didn't cool the room, even on the coldest setting, but at least I thought there was a welcome gift (but then I saw it was addressed to another guest).

I'd requested a couple of room options on booking and reception said that they couldn't either see or fulfil them which was frustrating as a top tier member of the Hilton loyalty scheme.

On a positive side, I mentioned the problems at checkout and later received a call to apologise which was much appreciated.

I will go back as, based on previous experiences at this hotel I trust this is a set of coincidental issues rather than necessarily an overall decline in service.

Room Tip: High floors are always preferable but it's best not to be right underneath the very nice SkyLoun...