“Recent stay in June”

GreenLeadersGold level
Perbal, Hungary
“Recent stay in June”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Though I am often staying at Hilton, it was my first experience with the DoubleTree and I am very much satisfied (except the pricing, but understand it is London City price...). Convenient location for my business, friendly and helpful staff. Nice view from the Sky Lounge (though it is a pity that the terrace has to close at midnight...).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (882)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Staff at the Tower of London facility bring value to this brand. Each person we met, no matter what their role at the hotel was, made us feel like royalty. Everyone was pleasant, upbeat, helpful and reliable. We felt as if we were with family at this hotel and for this reason, we would definitely come back to this facility. If we are able to travel again to another city, I am looking for this brand first, as our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We chose to stay at the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel Tower Hill, to celebrate my birthday in June 2014. I had previously been to the hotel and been impressed, however I had never stayed there. Upon arrival the check in process was smooth and the service from the gentleman on reception was excellent. The bonus of a warm cookie on arrival was also a welcome surprise. The room was clean and well presented. We had arranged an upgrade to a Queen Exec room which included breakfast and a late check out (3pm) which was definitely worth it. The MAC Tv/Computer was a nice touch and helped when planning routes and things to do whilst we were in town. The room was smaller than I had hoped however this was a minor disappointment. One of the key reasons we chose this hotel was due to the popular Sky Lounge bar that the rooftop boasts. Unfortunately extensive building work seems to be taking place around the hotel which somewhat spoiled the views and it looks like the view will be further restricted once the building work completes and the hotel is surrounded by much larger buildings. As expected the price for drinks in the bar is expensive however for a special occasion it wasn't something that bothered me to much. The service behind the bar did. On the 2 occasions I went up to the bar for service I waited approximately 20 minutes each time. I appreciate a lot of the drinks being ordered were cocktails and therefore took time to make, however only 3 bar staff were serving and this was quite obviously not enough, especially as I wouldn't consider the bar to even have been very busy. We enjoyed a good nights sleep and chose to have breakfast delivered to our room which was on time and to a high standard. Unfortunately the hotel suffered from a hot water failure on the morning of our stay. This meant we didn't have hot water on the 9th floor until approx 11.30am which cut into the majority of our morning. This failure seem to affect the majority of residents and the cue of complaints was large. This event did somewhat ruin my first experience of the hotel but can appreciate that these things happen and it wasn't through negligence that this occurred. In summary I probably won't choose this hotel again over other similarly priced hotels where service and room quality are just as good and premium drinks on a roof top bar with a once impressive view are no longer such an attraction.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear 'Paul T'

Thank you for including what had impressed you, and what areas of the hotel you feel could be improved on in this recent review. We do always appreciate being given honest and detailed feedback from our guests so thank you for making a special effort to do this.

If ever you would like to discuss your experience in Skylounge in more detail please contact me directly via the hotel's switchboard. I apologise you felt service levels had been lacking and we will certainly investigate this further if you can contact us (thank you).

There are nearby works to the hotel, and the majority of our guests & visitors have said this hasn't impacted on whether they would return to Skylounge, however I apologise you had not had the same reaction. There is much development in progress in the City of London (it is an exciting time) and I assure you, our views from Skylounge will not be compromised when building finishes.

If there is anything further I can help you with do let me know. I hope, you can reconsider returning when you next come to London.

Kind regards
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Besides having a Standing shower instead of a bathtub, everything else was excellent, I like standing showers so iw as ok with that as well. The room was clean, the service was excellent and the warm cookie at checkin just made you feel welcome

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Booked the hotel for my fiances birthday, whilst I did request an upgrade, what we got far exceeded expectations. Fantastic room, access to the Executive Lounge, and complentary drinks and breakfast all combined to make this an extra special stay. The location is amazing and the Skylounge offers fantastic views. Every member of staff was polite, curteous and friendly. After a busy day sightseeing, the six foot, comfortable bed was a welcome destination!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear 'NicandVicki'

Wow, what a lovely review, thank you for taking time to share this with our trip advisor network!

I'm thrilled to hear you had enjoyed all the benefits made available to you as part of this upgrade and I hope your fiancé had a wonderful birthday.

If ever we can assist you in the future, please call or email us, we'd love to hear from you...

Kindest regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Avoid the King Deluxe rooms. They are not above average room quality or size. Hot water was also unavailable and complaints being raised about this, meant staff were pretty much unavailable. Room price set our expectations to have a nice night of luxury. This was not delivered.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 'Simon D'

I hope you have been able to receive our email. We sincerely apologise a recent issue with our hotel's hot water supply had meant you were effected on your departure. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you should you find there is a convenient time, and we are very sorry you had been disappointed by aspects of our Deluxe room offering. As mentioned, if there are certain features of the room I can share with our Head Housekeeper that you had found unsatisfactory, we will take your comments on board.

Thank you and I hope there may be an opportunity to welcome you back for a much improved experience. Please consider me as your point of contact moving forward, if ever I can be of any help.

Kind regards,
Fergus, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel from May 23 to May 27, 2014. Check in was a little slow but the manager gave us 4 vouchers for free drinks to make up for the wait which wasn't really that long of a wait. That was a nice gesture from her part though. We also got warm cookies after checking in. We booked a King Deluxe room but we were upgraded to a King Executive Room which gave us access to the Executive Lounge. The Room was relatively small compared to North American standards but it was very cozy. The IMac TV/PC was very useful, the WiFi was fast and super reliable in the room and public areas, the shower had everything we needed and I loved the mist-free mirrors. The bed was a little hard but we didn't have any problems sleeping. We also got a bottle of wine as a welcome gift. The staff members were great except at the Skylounge. We went to the Skylounge to get something to drink. We sat for around 10-15 minutes and no one came to ask us if we wanted to order anything. I even had to grab a menu that was on an empty table to see what they had. We ended up going to the bar to ask for two drinks.
The hotel is relatively close to all main attractions. We walked everywhere and used the "tube" just once to get to St. Pancras station. Subway and bus stations are very close and the Eurostar train station is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. All in all, I recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I go back to London.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Executive room in order to get access to the Executive Lounge. We didn't have to s...