DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
US$213
US$198
galahotels.com
6,312 results
All reviewssky loungerooftop bartower hill tube stationnatural kitchencity cafeapple tvdouble treewarm cookiesthe executive loungeon arrivaltop floorweekend breakmodern hoteldecent sizewest endfull englishimac
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was there with 18 friends for a long week end, booked by an agency. We where told (by the agency) that three bed room were not available (?). We booked the dinner included for all the group and two days before departure the agency informed us that the hotel dining policy was changed and we could not have dinner on week end (?) getting back our money for the dinner already paid. But the hotel has anyway a kind of restaurant open on week end???. Our rooms where not all ready at 12:30 when we arrived, but the check in time was 15:00 (so only half ?). And the biggest (????) for not receiving my cookies :-( !!!!
Anyway the hotel is new, modern, clean,quiet, with a good breakfast, located very closed to the tube and a wonderful view from the bar on the top, therefore very good as overall judgment. The only negative feeling was that it appears to me a little impersonal, let me say "cold as atmosphere", even if the staff was always very professional and kind.
To conclude, in general the hotel is ok and recommendable, next time I'll go back if I do not need any triple rooms or the restaurant service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2014

On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by a male trainee receptionist who seemed flustered to check in two females sharing the same room and a double bed!!! In the 21st century this shouldn't be a problem!!! Myself and a friend were looking forward two a girly holiday leaving our partners behind but the remark put a downer on the beginning!!!! Room clean and tidy bit on the small side and looking over into others rooms. Bathroom lovely and great location!!!! Wifi great same about Apple Mac keyboard not working!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Call it a 3+ review. It's nice but for $400 a night you expect a bit more than simply OK. I know London is just simply expensive but I'm comparing to other Doubletree and Hilton properties in other expensive parts of the world. I was here 4 nights by myself on business.
Pros:
-Great location and close by access to the Circle Line (Tower Hill) and Docklands Rail (Tower Gate). Close to some of the great sites and near the financial heart of the city.
-What they said was a new executive lounge is nice. Good continental breakfast. Free wine and beer and snacks at the end of the business day. Don't know the criteria for getting in but assume it may be Hilton Gold or Diamond status.
-Staff friendly

Cons
-My room was very plain. I don't believe there was a single thing on any wall. IKEA grad furniture. For the price it could have matched other Doubletrees in decor and comfort
-Being in the financial district there are not a lot of choices of venues at night other than a few pubs.

Would I stay there again? Yeah, for proximity to financial district and easy commute to ExCel. I wouldn't stay here for a pleasure trip with my wife.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear 'Dpaulson1'

Thank you for sharing your experience, we naturally hope you are able to return not just for work reasons, and if you would like to speak with us about what we can arrange to make any future stay more comfortable, do let us know.

We appreciate being given your feedback and hope to hear from you before too long. We'd love to see how we can help.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Why stay anywhere else? You've seen the rest, now stay at the best. Superb service, good food, clean comfortable bedrooms, what more can you want. This has to be the best hotel I have ever stayed in London, and I have stayed in more than a few over the last 40 years.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear 'Martin S'

Wow, what fantastic compliments you have given us! Thank you so much, it is a real honour to hear that you consider us as one of the best hotels you've stayed in. We couldn't be happier.

If ever we can be of assistance please reach out to us.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

arrived sat 14th june late lunchtime......pulled up to car park and pressed buzzer.....was told do drive back to hotel front and get pass off concierge ( inconvenience)....I see concierge to be told that car park is full ( why not inform me via the buzzer at car park????)......however he was helpful in directing me to a free parking area ( at weekends) around the side of hotel...fair play.
I checked in and was upgraded to a exec room on the 10th floor as this is due to Hilton honors status (diamond member).....this was appreciated and room was spotless and bed comfy...mini bar was empty but that's fine by me and room was on the small side but this was just a one night stay so again no problem......we went for a wander around st katharines dock nearby, nice views billy!, and on our return to hotel we went to the exec lounge.....no afternoon tea here like full service Hiltons ......we returned to lounge in the eve and it was busy....nice atmosphere but it is a small lounge.......canapés - smoked sausage and spicy shrimps (no vegetarian option?).......we went out for dinner and returned around 1 am.......hotel was quiet and we slept very well due to the very comfy beds....I went to the hotel gym before breakfast for a run and it was clean and looked new....breakfast was good too, the granola is the best ive ever had!!! and the service was good too.......check out was swift as I used the express check out option.
CONCLUSION - I liked it here, I would probably stick with Hilton tower bridge in future as I like to take afternoon tea, however we did enjoy our stay here and would be happy to recommend .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I'm pleased to see there had been many positive take aways from your stay such as your room, the helpfulness of our staff and breakfast to name a few!

We hope you can reconsider returning when the opportunity arises...

Kindest regards