“Double tree London Tower hill”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
Ranked #258 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

There will always be cheaper options than the Double Tree Hilton in London, but the every penny was worth it. The service throughout our stay was very friendly and helpful. The sky lounge on 12th floor offers great vistas of London and I recommend you upgrade your room to the exec package to get best value. This was a one night stay to celebrate our anniversary and we were not disappointed.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had two nights at this hotel for a London break and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is well positioned near the Tower of London and Tower Bridge, easily accessible in a few minutes on foot from Tower Hill underground or Docklands Light Railway, and just off the number 15 bus from central London. It also offers some car parking spaces.

We particularly liked the light, modern feel of the hotel from the glass atrium reception to the fabulous roof top bar with views of the Tower of London, the Shard, the Gherkin etc: a great place to sip a mojito on a summer night.

We booked a standard room with an optional upgrade to executive and were pleased to get the upgrade on arrival. For an extra £30 a night this gives a bigger room on the higher floors, with bathrobes, large shower, table and chairs and floor to ceiling windows plus it includes breakfast and all-day access to the executive lounge. The lounge offers free coffee, tea and soft drinks all day and complimentary wine and nibbles from 5pm to 8pm: a nice extra.

The room was quiet and the bed comfortable and there was plenty of wardrobe space and cupboards, hair drier, iron, free mineral water, tea and coffee, plus a minibar. Complimentary Wi-Fi, air conditioning and an Apple iMac entertainment system complete the package.

Breakfast offered a choice of hot meals, pastries, cereals, fresh fruit, ham, cheese etc, all very good, which could be taken in the quiet of the executive lounge or in the busier restaurant.

We found this hotel very good value for money and a relaxing base for sightseeing, with a walk over Tower Bridge and by the Thames recommended. There are also boat trips from the pier and open-top tourist buses. St Katharine's Dock, with its lively mix of pubs and restaurants is very near as well.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to the executive rooms with access to the executive lounge
1  Thank skiingcouple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for both business and pleasure - I had a business trip which my husband joined me at the end of and we booked ourselves 2 extra nights so I wouldn't have to move all my things. So happy we did because the hotel is in a great area. You have the financial district around the corner (where my company's office was), Leadhall Market and the Tower of London both within less than a 5 minute walk, a tube station 1 minute down the street and you cannot beat the rooftop terrace. I wish I had had another night to spend up there - the view is beautiful. I also loved that they have Mac computers in all the rooms that double as the TV. Additional small thing but they give you warm cookies upon arrival which was such a nice touch. I also had some problems with my credit card and the staff were all very helpful with making sure to notify me ASAP when any packages arrived.. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We really enjoyed this location. Close to the financial district and the Tower of London castle.
The roof-top bar is a great place to chill after walking all day.
The executive club is convenient and always stocked with drinks and their delicious cookies.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

i have stayed in this hotel before and have found it to be consistently high quality. the location is superb, just a short walk from tower bridge and tower of london. couple of minutes from tube and dlr. great for business or pleasure trips. really friendly and helpful staff and fantastic facilities. rates are quite reasonable for location also. all round great hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have been stain in hotels in London since 1972, but lately I have been coming to the City about every 6 months. I have not been impressed with most of London’s business hotels, so I was not particularly surprised by this one. What was indeed shocking is that this mediocre establishment costs a significant portion of a person’s salary per day even in London. The hotel is presentable. but its rooms are small, the bathrooms pathetic. The door in my shower was off its tracks and the water temperature control was shoddy. The space temperature seemed to be there for entertainment purposes as it hardly mattered what I did with it, my room was the temperature of Finland in January. What passes as an actual entertainment system is indeed novel but it boggles the imagination that one would decide it is a good idea to use computers for winding down pleasure, and I feel this way despite the fact I have been a Mac user since there were Macs. The service personnel are great. The front door service was courteous, the cleaning staff great. The room service was horrid. I called for a late night dinner (some of us stay up late due to jet lag) and the entire menu was unavailable except for fish and chips at a price one associates with real food, not something wrapped in newsprint. Given this I am not likely to book your hotel again, but my client might so you may indeed see me again, but I will not be looking forward to it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

WE ate at the City Cafe Tower of London on a Saturday evening using an Amazon voucher for 3 courses and a glass of wine for £32. Good meet n greet and we were seated at the nice table by the window. Our waiter Csbar? - Hungarian guy) was really attentive and we received excellent service throughout the meal. The lemon chicken salad starter was lovely as were the main courses and dessert. Overall an excellent meal with great service and very good VFM. Would definitely eat here again if a similar voucher became available.