“Quality service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bermuda
“Quality service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

No complaints, great bar upstairs, clean rooms, not flashy but good courteous service in the center of the city. Stay here all the time and reccomend a business treveller use this hotel. Sky bar is great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear 'Adam S'

Thank you for your support of our hotel and for recommending us to others, we really appreciate it, and are delighted we've become your chosen place to stay in the City!

If there is anything we can be doing to ensure you have what you need (such as is there a particular beverage you always like, or do you ever need assistance with printing?). Particularly if you are with us on a regular basis, we'd love to learn how we can make your future stays even better.

Do contact me if ever I can assist you in this regard, or indeed anything else,

Warmest regards,
Amy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is everything you'd expect in this price range. Great location, well equipped rooms, good bed, friendly staff etc. BUT there are a few things why I won't return: - First of all, I filled out my emailaddress while at the hotel and ticked the box NOT to receive any newsletters. I just got one. - Slow/not working wifi in my room. Sorry Hilton, it's 2014. - A 10 minute queue for breakfast, while only half of the tables were taken. When I asked if I could take a free table, I was told that wasn't possible because the table needed to be cleaned first. When I said that wasn't a problemfor me and that I'd just would read my newspaper as I rather wait at a table and not in a queue in a hallway, I was told this was not allowed. There was plenty of staff around, but no management to sort the logistics. - I ordered a coffee and didn't get one. - 5 min queue at the lifts which didn't seem to work correctly. - When I checked out, I informed the receptionist about the wifi and the breakfast, he just said "I am very sorry to hear that." No explaination, no word to the management... quite unprofessional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel staff was extremely accommodating. The building in front of the hotel is under construction and the views were not very nice. I requested a change in room and the staff was willing to show me a few different options that they had to make my stay more enjoyable. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Somewhat small but that's to be expected of a hotel in central London. The rooftop bar is very nice and the downstairs bar is also very convenient. There is also an all natural restaurant attached to the hotel that is very good. The location is perfect for those who want to make the most of their time in London. Its less than a 5 minute walk from the Tower of London and a two minute walk to the tube. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London. There is also a parking lot for those who are renting a car.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Greenwich, ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you have business in the City, this is the right hotel.
Nice lobby, good restaurant and good sized rooms.
The bathroom was on the small side, with only the shower, but not claustrophobic.
There is tea/coffee making in the room, but not a clock. Nice touch the Mac computer that double as TV.
The exercise room is a bit small.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

A nice stay in a great location for a resonable price by American standards. EVERYTHING in London is very expensive. Our rooms were most comfortable. We stayed here before and after our Iceland/Norway cruise and could not be happier. Close to the Tower of London and two minutes away from the Tower Hill Underground Station and a bus stop. The staff was most exceptional. We had breakfast in the City Cafe and room service at night when we were tired. Expensive, but worth the service. Some folks may have dissed this hotel. But they may have not played the game. A good tip on the front end brings benefits. I tipped the bellman
very well on the front end for toting our bags. Yuri rememered us when we came back here at the end of our cruise for four more days. Got some bienes from him. We got a Big Black Mercedes at the end of our trip to go back to LHR for the same price of a Black Cab.
Thanks Yuri! You kind get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room for a chance of any kind of view. The view is NOT important at this hote...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Great central location, great size room that was nice and clean.

Very comfy bed! Great having a computer double as a TV!

Gotta love those cookies!!

Staff where helpful and nice!

Great view of The Tower of London from the roof top bar!

Room service ok!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for our 25th Anniversary over the weekend upgraded to the Queen Executive room. Check in was great got a lovely warm fresh cookie. Room was very small no bath and bathroom was tiny. Don't pay to upgrade to Executive lounge, we were watching people tailgate other people in so clearly hadn't paid to be in there. There was no Lager just a ale and red and white wine, very poor for the money you pay to be in there. After about a hour you couldn't move because it was so full. Hotel in a great location. Sky lounge is great

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 76Chrisw
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear '76chrisw'

Firstly, happy 25th Anniversary & thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate this very special occasion. Whilst I'm pleased you had liked our location and were able to visit Sky lounge, I sincerely apologise you were left feeling disappointed by our Executive room offering.

So our Food & Beverage Manager can investigate this further, if ever you are able to contact us to confirm the date/time you had noticed this, we will ensure this can be addressed. We differentiate our Executive rooms by their location (on the 9th and 10th floors only), & amenities such as lounge access. I'm sorry you had hoped your room could be bigger and that you had expected to have a separate bathtub.

If you do get the time to contact us we would be very grateful,

Kind regards,