“Very good hotel.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Halifax
“Very good hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was impressed by this hotel. It is very new and well located near the Tower of London and Underground station. The fitness center was very good with ample quality equipment.

My only constructive comments are that the room cleaning was inconsistent - I had my room cleaned three times and it appeared to be by three different people as there were noticeable differences in the quality of the cleaning. I did not have all of my towels replenished (only had a tub mat for one day then not replenished).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wymondham, Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

First impression not good, sorry madam check in system is down.....second impression, vastly better, therefore can we get you a drink? One glass of wine later the system was back up and we were checked in.
I had opted to pay for an upgrade ahead of arrival but subject to availability. Instead we were able to keep the same room (told there's not much difference in the rooms really, upgrades is all about the service) and we're given the service upgrade for free. Access to exec lounge, free brekkie.

And course given the double tree warm cookie too and told to come back anytime for more...... So we did at least twice, well they are rather good cookies.

Room was not huge and the shower room was a bit tiny but we had a lovely view of the gherkin. The iMac makes TV, surfing or listening to radio easy. And there's plenty of space for clothes etc.

We had afternoon tea on the terrace - sky lounge. Scones were warm and parties were fab. Though the sandwiches (which were not really sandwiches) could have been a bit more substantial. Also we were not asked if we wanted anything topped up and had to ask for refill of the tea.

As for location. Superb. Right near tower bridge and about a minutes walk to a Norris bike station. (Near the German beer Keller - which stays open late) so handy for retuning bikes or starting your day with a cycle along the embankment.

Will certainly book a double tree again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kimble12
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear 'kimble12'

Thank you for the great review, and for also including details of what you think we can improve, which we will certainly be taking on board and applying changes where we can. I'm delighted you had taken time to enjoy afternoon tea, however I will ensure your observations can be shared with our team so we can go that step in providing our visitors with a faultless experience.

Thank you for mentioning that our Reception team had taken the initiative to arrange drinks whilst our system had been down. We're so sorry this happened during your arrival, but are pleased our team made sure you were looked after.

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon!

Amy
Bermuda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

No complaints, great bar upstairs, clean rooms, not flashy but good courteous service in the center of the city. Stay here all the time and reccomend a business treveller use this hotel. Sky bar is great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear 'Adam S'

Thank you for your support of our hotel and for recommending us to others, we really appreciate it, and are delighted we've become your chosen place to stay in the City!

If there is anything we can be doing to ensure you have what you need (such as is there a particular beverage you always like, or do you ever need assistance with printing?). Particularly if you are with us on a regular basis, we'd love to learn how we can make your future stays even better.

Do contact me if ever I can assist you in this regard, or indeed anything else,

Warmest regards,
Amy
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is everything you'd expect in this price range. Great location, well equipped rooms, good bed, friendly staff etc. BUT there are a few things why I won't return: - First of all, I filled out my emailaddress while at the hotel and ticked the box NOT to receive any newsletters. I just got one. - Slow/not working wifi in my room. Sorry Hilton, it's 2014. - A 10 minute queue for breakfast, while only half of the tables were taken. When I asked if I could take a free table, I was told that wasn't possible because the table needed to be cleaned first. When I said that wasn't a problemfor me and that I'd just would read my newspaper as I rather wait at a table and not in a queue in a hallway, I was told this was not allowed. There was plenty of staff around, but no management to sort the logistics. - I ordered a coffee and didn't get one. - 5 min queue at the lifts which didn't seem to work correctly. - When I checked out, I informed the receptionist about the wifi and the breakfast, he just said "I am very sorry to hear that." No explaination, no word to the management... quite unprofessional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel staff was extremely accommodating. The building in front of the hotel is under construction and the views were not very nice. I requested a change in room and the staff was willing to show me a few different options that they had to make my stay more enjoyable. The rooms are clean and well maintained. Somewhat small but that's to be expected of a hotel in central London. The rooftop bar is very nice and the downstairs bar is also very convenient. There is also an all natural restaurant attached to the hotel that is very good. The location is perfect for those who want to make the most of their time in London. Its less than a 5 minute walk from the Tower of London and a two minute walk to the tube. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London. There is also a parking lot for those who are renting a car.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Greenwich, ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

If you have business in the City, this is the right hotel.
Nice lobby, good restaurant and good sized rooms.
The bathroom was on the small side, with only the shower, but not claustrophobic.
There is tea/coffee making in the room, but not a clock. Nice touch the Mac computer that double as TV.
The exercise room is a bit small.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

A nice stay in a great location for a resonable price by American standards. EVERYTHING in London is very expensive. Our rooms were most comfortable. We stayed here before and after our Iceland/Norway cruise and could not be happier. Close to the Tower of London and two minutes away from the Tower Hill Underground Station and a bus stop. The staff was most exceptional. We had breakfast in the City Cafe and room service at night when we were tired. Expensive, but worth the service. Some folks may have dissed this hotel. But they may have not played the game. A good tip on the front end brings benefits. I tipped the bellman
very well on the front end for toting our bags. Yuri rememered us when we came back here at the end of our cruise for four more days. Got some bienes from him. We got a Big Black Mercedes at the end of our trip to go back to LHR for the same price of a Black Cab.
Thanks Yuri! You kind get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room for a chance of any kind of view. The view is NOT important at this hote...