“Great checkin, good room, good location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
Ranked #230 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Wakefield, West Yorks
“Great checkin, good room, good location”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The usual Doubletree welcome cookie and a super-efficient (and welcoming) check-in.

Was booked by someone else and found I was on the Hilton Honors floor. Room was good, though not very large. View out onto built up area (not unusually given the area). Very convenient for the City and only a few steps from the Tube.

An Apple screen and TV in the room instead of a standard plasma screen TV and decent speed free wifi throughout.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (874)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tavistock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Close to tube, the City and the Tower. Excellent location and I'd definitely use it again. PC in every room, Small bathrooms but with good quality comp toiletries. Pleasant welcome on arrival. Popular with business types and easy to see why. Plus, the hotel has a revolving entrance door and I always love those. Our room was next to the lift but this caused no noise or disturbance whatsoever. Tip: use independent restaurant/takeaway/shop located next to hotel - much better value for a freshly cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: Great views from higher floors but be prepared to pay a premium. We had a corner room with floor to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Granger, IN USA
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Double Tree in London near the Tower of London and it was indeed a treat. The hotel is a stone's throw from the historic Tower of London, Tower Bridge, and All Hallows Church, the oldest church in London. Additionally, it is very near 2 Underground stations, Fenchurch and Tower Hill. On top of this there is a bar/lounge on the 12th floor that gives tremendous views of the city.
The restaurants were top notch and convenient. The staff could not have been more friendly.All things considered it was a perfect venue for my week in London and our Wimbledon experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Tower Bridge.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Halifax
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was impressed by this hotel. It is very new and well located near the Tower of London and Underground station. The fitness center was very good with ample quality equipment.

My only constructive comments are that the room cleaning was inconsistent - I had my room cleaned three times and it appeared to be by three different people as there were noticeable differences in the quality of the cleaning. I did not have all of my towels replenished (only had a tub mat for one day then not replenished).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Wymondham, Norfolk
Reviewed 2 July 2014

First impression not good, sorry madam check in system is down.....second impression, vastly better, therefore can we get you a drink? One glass of wine later the system was back up and we were checked in.
I had opted to pay for an upgrade ahead of arrival but subject to availability. Instead we were able to keep the same room (told there's not much difference in the rooms really, upgrades is all about the service) and we're given the service upgrade for free. Access to exec lounge, free brekkie.

And course given the double tree warm cookie too and told to come back anytime for more...... So we did at least twice, well they are rather good cookies.

Room was not huge and the shower room was a bit tiny but we had a lovely view of the gherkin. The iMac makes TV, surfing or listening to radio easy. And there's plenty of space for clothes etc.

We had afternoon tea on the terrace - sky lounge. Scones were warm and parties were fab. Though the sandwiches (which were not really sandwiches) could have been a bit more substantial. Also we were not asked if we wanted anything topped up and had to ask for refill of the tea.

As for location. Superb. Right near tower bridge and about a minutes walk to a Norris bike station. (Near the German beer Keller - which stays open late) so handy for retuning bikes or starting your day with a cycle along the embankment.

Will certainly book a double tree again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kimble12
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear 'kimble12'

Thank you for the great review, and for also including details of what you think we can improve, which we will certainly be taking on board and applying changes where we can. I'm delighted you had taken time to enjoy afternoon tea, however I will ensure your observations can be shared with our team so we can go that step in providing our visitors with a faultless experience.

Thank you for mentioning that our Reception team had taken the initiative to arrange drinks whilst our system had been down. We're so sorry this happened during your arrival, but are pleased our team made sure you were looked after.

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon!

Amy
Bermuda
Reviewed 2 July 2014

No complaints, great bar upstairs, clean rooms, not flashy but good courteous service in the center of the city. Stay here all the time and reccomend a business treveller use this hotel. Sky bar is great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear 'Adam S'

Thank you for your support of our hotel and for recommending us to others, we really appreciate it, and are delighted we've become your chosen place to stay in the City!

If there is anything we can be doing to ensure you have what you need (such as is there a particular beverage you always like, or do you ever need assistance with printing?). Particularly if you are with us on a regular basis, we'd love to learn how we can make your future stays even better.

Do contact me if ever I can assist you in this regard, or indeed anything else,

Warmest regards,
Amy
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is everything you'd expect in this price range. Great location, well equipped rooms, good bed, friendly staff etc. BUT there are a few things why I won't return: - First of all, I filled out my emailaddress while at the hotel and ticked the box NOT to receive any newsletters. I just got one. - Slow/not working wifi in my room. Sorry Hilton, it's 2014. - A 10 minute queue for breakfast, while only half of the tables were taken. When I asked if I could take a free table, I was told that wasn't possible because the table needed to be cleaned first. When I said that wasn't a problemfor me and that I'd just would read my newspaper as I rather wait at a table and not in a queue in a hallway, I was told this was not allowed. There was plenty of staff around, but no management to sort the logistics. - I ordered a coffee and didn't get one. - 5 min queue at the lifts which didn't seem to work correctly. - When I checked out, I informed the receptionist about the wifi and the breakfast, he just said "I am very sorry to hear that." No explaination, no word to the management... quite unprofessional.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business