“DIDNT SLEEP IN BACK OF HOTEL”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London
Ranked #256 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is our third visit and the room was at the back of hotel. Overlooking a road with pubs in it. Very early one morning there was a delivery to one of the pubs and then late at night the noise is from the pubs customers. When we mentioned it to reception we were advised to ask for a room on the side of the hotel, next time. Soundproof windows are needed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AmyTregidgo, Guest Relations Executive at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London -Tower of London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, I'm so sorry there had been noise from outside your room that had disturbed you during your stay. I was disappointed to read the details of the response received from our team member, as I would have expected for an apology to be made, and to offer contact details for when you can return so we can look after your booking.

Please consider me as your contact if ever you see an opportunity to visit our hotel again and I will ensure you can be given a quiet room. All of our guest rooms benefit from enhanced sound proofing however I'm very sorry you could still hear outside noise.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future,

Kind regards
Amy

Write a ReviewReviews (6,016)

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay here and it was even better. We were on the executive floor and I would highly recommend getting this deal when you book. It meant we had complimentary breakfast and access to the executive lounge, with free drinks and nibbles.
This hotel is in a brilliant location, right by the tube and in the centre of the city. If you go, you must take a walk around the area to see some of London's iconic buildings, both old and new.
The rooms are comfy and have free Macs to use. The breakfast is very good, a wide selection and well cooked.
The best bit though, is the roof top bar. It's very cool and affords you a view of London that is simply stunning.
We wouldn't stay anywhere else now when visiting London.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mandy M
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Another excellent stay at the doubletree from check in to check out , staff very helpful , rooms very nice especially with the I mac computer and tv system another nice touch in the room is the complimentary water , breakfast is very good everything you could possibly want to eat from healthy options to a cooked breakfast option selection of breads and Danish pasteries , would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I would say all rooms are excellent this time I stayed on the 3 rd floor the time before I stayed on...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Hotel is excellent 2 minute walk to the tower of London , lots of sightseeing in the area ,u can walk over tower bridge which is beautiful also lovely restaurants at St Katherine's dock where u can sit inside or outside

Room Tip: I was early to check in so only in facing rooms were available this time , the room was lovely ,I st...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank James B
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel certainly lived up to its reputation. The rooms are modern and have all mod cons. We had a King Executive room which included access to the Executive Lounge which provides hot and cold drinks and snacks all day and a quiet location for breakfast if you require. The only negative point is the check in which has already been pointed out in other reviews. We arrived at lunchtime and having queued for a substantial period of time we were told there were no rooms available yet and so we left our luggage and came back after 1700hrs as advised. However we then had to queue again for about 30 minutes just to be assigned our room and then queued again for over 20 minutes to get our luggage! And we did not get any cookies despite seeing others being given them!!! Apart from this relatively minor but irritating aspect, the hotel and staff are superb.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Rushworth2014
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I used to work just round the corner from this hotel so remember the plot being cleared and saw it being built (mostly from the pub opposite!) from the very start. I have visited the Sky Lounge on a couple of occasions but have always wanted to stay here and got an opportunity last week. It is a very nice hotel; light and spacious corridors leading to well appointed (though not huge) rooms. The rooms are not lacking anything and little extras like macaroons in the room were a nice touch. The air conditioning worked very well and the beds were very comfortable. Everything was clean and fresh. A couple of annoyances; firstly given the choice of lower floor room with a king bed or upper floor room with a queen bed we went for the latter expecting upper floor to equal a nice view. Our room was on the 8th floor and the view was of a wall. Secondly, the iMac may be very high tech and clever but it was not easy to use. Possibly the batteries in the remote were on their way out but it seemed very unresponsive and, as with everything Apple, a few buttons had to perform a lot of different tasks. However, I am pleased to have stayed here and would be happy to stay here, or in another Doubletree by Hilton, again.

1  Thank beeza1
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. I booked a night for my wife's 30th birthday together with a show in the evening. I asked for some balloons/banners to be placed in the room prior to our arrival as a surprise for my wife. This was fulfilled as requested after exchanging various emails with the manager "Lee Mills" over the past few weeks. The room was superb, clean, fresh and large with a great view over London (we were on the 9th floor). We visited the sky lounge around midnight for a cocktail. The view was stunning and the drinks were splendid. Breakfast the next morning was great, so much choice and was excellent quality. All in all the best hotel I have stayed in for a long while. All the staff made us feel welcome, relaxed and went out there way to make sure we were comfortable and happy. I cannot thank them enough and also to "lee" for making this a superb night away. We will certainly stay again in the future. Many thanks again.

Room Tip: Great location for all the main transport hubs etc, Choose a high room for the views over London.
4  Thank Nickf1982 F