“Great”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
“Great”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here about 6 times I've never had a bad meal. I'm really fussy but always find enough of a selection to please me.
It's cheap but the food is brilliant and the salmon is amazing

JohnW1960, Manager at The Water Margin at the O2, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
We were pleased to hear that you've always had a good experience at our restaurant. The salmon steaks in black bean sauce is a consistent favourite with our diners. John Waites, Chairman.

“Ok”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Went here as my father wanted Chinese food before a show. Used to go to the Harlow Water Garden - not even sure if this is related? Harlow was great.

This place is OK.

Seated quickly.

Food was ok. Not brilliant. Some of it was a bit generic and samey tasting, some was nice.

They could have refilled things quicker. Had to wait for duck to be refilled - it was really nice though sliced onion and cucumber was over the other side of the room. Gave up waiting for the rice (in a Chinese restaurant no rice!)

Lots of dishes to choose from - loads.

Loads of desserts.

Funny going to buffets and seeing how people pile their plates with more than they could possibly eat, all piled high. Do people not realise - A they look like pigs and B they can go back as many times as they want resulting in easier to eat food and less wastage.

It represents good value for money for £15 at the O2. I have been to some of the burger and steak places that look really nice - some are terrible - Water Garden Food was much nicer. I gave 3 stars as A - I can't give 3.5 (its a big jump from Average to Very Good) and B this is about as good a buffet Chinese meal as I have ever had.

Staff were OK - looked busy. Cleared our drinks away without offering a refill - meaning by the time we got someone's attention we were out of time - they should offer as default like everywhere else does. Waitress was very rude to the couple on the next table when they ordered drinks - seemed a bit needless.

I wouldn't object to going again.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Acornise
Thank you for your constructive review. Water Margin Harlow was our sister restaurant, gone but remembered fondly by many. We also have one at Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth. The O2 restaurant is more difficult to run on event days than Harlow or Portsmouth, as most people arrive at the same time and want to be fed and out in an hour. This can also result in problems keeping up with drinks orders. We're pleased that you would be happy to visit us again, and look forward to seeing you. John Waites, Chairman.
London,
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first and will be my last visit here. Food was tasteless, there was only 1 rice dish, food was lukewarm, vegetable dishes were overcooked and soggy. Later that evening I came out in an allergic rash and my dining partner was very poorly with sickness and diarrhoea. Unfortunately I can't think of anything positive to say.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sistabenji
We're sorry that you found your experience with us disappointing, although we're pleased that you still rated us a 3 stars. You don't say whether you ate lunch or dinner. We offer more than one rice dish at dinner. Most food experts would tell you that it's unlikely that something you ate could adversely affect you so quickly. John Waites, Chairman
Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
“Nice buffet”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Having enjoyed a few cheap and cheerful buffets at the now sadly closed Harlow Water Margin, we tried the O2 branch.

90 minutes before the show started, there were queues for some of the big name restaurants. The Water Margin was less than half full when we arrived, but filled up while we were there. Excellent service with fast wine delivery and empty plate removal.

We had a nice Pinot Grigio, slightly overpriced at £17.

£14.80 for dinner buffet was good value. All the food was nice. I had satay chicken with seaweed,
ribeye steak slices cooked by the chef, beef in black bean sauce, chocolate gateau, profiteroles, fruit..."all you can eat". ;-)

Recommended - we will revisit.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dave F
Thank you for your complimentary comments. Satay chicken, teppanyaki steak and beef in black bean source are among our most popular dishes. We're also pleased that you thought our offering to be good value. This is one of the things we seek to be. John Waites, Chairman.
London, United Kingdom
“This is worth it just for the excellent teppanyaki.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've been here many times as we are just a cable-car ride away from the O2.
We often go to the O2 Cineworld cinema, excellent, plenty of space, so you don't have to stand up when people are moving to or from their seat.
Back to the restaurant.
The choice is quite good, plenty of Chinese favourites, fish, meat, veggie. Also plenty of sweet dishes, fresh fruit pieces etc. as well as mini cheesecakes, chocolate éclairs, creamy deserts, and a chocolate fountain with marsh mallows.
The best part for me is the teppanyaki, just help yourself to fresh fish, prawns, steak, noodles and veggies and they will cook it freshly for you. There is sometimes a queue and you can wait up to 15 minutes, but well worth the wait.
If you are not easily embarrassed, do what a very Rubenesque "lady" did before I got there, piled a plate with all the prawns in the cabinet, around 2kgs, and got them cooked, it was a miracle that the 9" high pile didn't end up as a nice soft carpet, the chef was a bit taken aback, but didn't say anything.
Highly recommended, a favourite with my wife, kids and grand-kids, and of course, its unlimited.

• Visited May 2014
Thank you for a positive review. The teppanyaki is always one of most popular features. Compared to some of our competitors, we give a truly "as much as you want to eat" offering. We hope you'll be back to see us again soon. John Waites, Chairman.