“Adequate”

Ranked #923 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Adequate”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Upon arrival the lobby looked quite tidy and clean somewhat smart. I collected my key from a lady behind the desk who seemed quite friendly but acted as if she had quite limited English. Unfortunately you can only get to rooms using the lifts which are basic but yet adequate for what they do.

I stayed in Room 25 in the basement which I was not too worried about. The corridors could do with quite a good lick of paint to tidy them up nothing a good make over could not fix. Upon entering my room I found it to be a good size quite long with two clean looking beds. Towards the end of the room was a little table with lamp and mirror plenty of plug sockets but some seemed risky to use and quite loose. By the table there was a window which could be closed basically just to let some air in and out. The bathroom was clean however the toilet seat was not fastened on correctly and the entrance to the bathroom had a small step which I almost tripped over a few times. The flooring is completely tiled which resulted in it being clod for bear feet to touch. One thing that did concern me was that the deadbolt on the door did not do anything I discovered this by locking it while my friend went out and yet they still managed to get in although the door was supposed to be locked.

I noticed upon reading the visitor information pack that safes where supposed to be in "every room" however mine did not have one. Also WIFI did not connect in my room or always show up so I opted to using my own hotspot much to my own cost. I did not like the quality of breakfast however I did sleep over most of the breakfasts during my week stay.

The beds where quite comfortable and the pillows where appropriate for me. I took one of the pillows off the double bed also in my room and slept fine. However unfortunately some people where doing construction work next door and loud drilling and banging in the morning was common at one point it fell like the roof would fall down.

Overall the hotel did not ruin my London experience and due to its prime Location was extremely easy to get to when the correct tube and transport lines operated. I also noticed and used a cycle hire point just up from the hotel. For what we paid for the hotel it was quite Adequate but could do with a serious makeover and some improvements.

Room Tip: Lift does not currently serve floor 4
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank James K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wigan
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Shabby room. Very dated decor. 3 small beds no better than camp beds. Reception dreadful (we had to wait for the receptionist to finish his personal phone call for at least 5 minutes while waiting to check in). Shower did not work properly. TV did not work. Breakfast was like a cattle market. Had to ask for a cup and long queues. One of our group's chair collapsed while eating breakfast.

In a great area but once you walk through the door the poor experience starts immediately.

Not the most expensive hotel in London but for the money paid you can find much more amenable places to stay.

Never again!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Richard H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very cheap, so what can you expect when your located in bayswater! Room 63 is tiny and bit grubby. The toilet is a cupboard next to the bed. However it's ok if your ok with bit of rough and ready. So if you manage to find a room here for a good price you have found a bargin!

Good bits

1. Great flat panel tv with free view
2. Bed was comfortable
3. Tea coffee provided
4. Has a window
5. Bedding was clean and comfortable.
6. Breakfast was edible and appreciated at this price level

Bad bits

1. Room bit dirty, carpets not cleaned fully.
2. Window was filthy
3. Toilet was tiny and run down
4. No proper toilet door
5. No internet in room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sheffield,England
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Conveniently situated in the leafy area of London this hotel provides simple but nice` accomodation.Bayswater`area is pleasant and safe and offers a great variety of restaurants and an excellent bus & underground train services to other parts of London.
The hotel`staff is friendly and helpful and speak many languages. My room was clean and I received fresh towels as often as I wanted.There was a good supply of hot & cold water.Tea & coffee is available in the room but no biscuits.Breakfast (continental`style) was adequate.
On arrival I was allocated to a room in the basement which was dirty & very smelly with a window with filthy curtains opening up towards the street pavement.I refused and requested a refund so I can go to another hotel BUT the staff quickly found me a good room on the second floor.However in that room number 206 that I stayed on the second floor the toilet`seat was broken(Still not repaired when I left after 3 days).The shower`head had to be repaired as it flooded the bathroom but this was repaired immediately.

Room Tip: Check the room before accepting it. Do not accept a room in the basement due to street pollution.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rene S
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights what do people expect in London for £60 per night including breakfast and we thought was continental but was egg , sausage, beans etc! Yes was a little unorganized but hey it tasted ok !
The room was in basement so a small window but was great because was dark in morning so slept in!
Room was ok double bed and a single was comfy bed with duvet and was clean!
Large Tv with freeview, hair dryer tea making facilities

Compact ensuite but looked new only complaint shower tray filled up and took ages to drain but hey paddling made me think of the beach in London! But water was always hot (was worried about that after reading reviews)
Yes corridors could do with decorating but hey I'm not staying in corridors!
Staff were polite but lots of foreign staff so don't think rudeness was just a language/expectation issue!
Would defiantly stay again and recommend to friends who are not expecting 4/5 star service and room but want somewhere convenient for tube and sightseeing lots of pubs/restaurants nearby clean and very good value for money!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 26 March 2014

too much money for that room ,i paid 74pounds and they do not have even brush in the bathroom,even telephone.we have to pay for wi-fi and in the morning we do not have hot water to have a bath and we went in an other room

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very run down. The check in time is 3pm, not ideal. The rooms are very basic, shabby, in need of decorating. Having booked one night I put up with this, only to be disappointed again in the morning when I turned on the shower.....cold water !!! I would not recommend this hotel, its more like a youth hostel. How it got 3 stars I will never know !!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business