“Couldn't ask for more....”

Ranked #483 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a Friday night as I had a gig to go to in Camden (Room 94 whoop!)
Location wise it's excellent - didn't take long on the northern line from Waterloo, then you come out of exit 2 of the tub station and it is just up the road.
When I arrived at the hotel they upgraded me to a superior room for free which was lovely. Just a shame I had such a big room when I was on my own!
Hotel was lovely. It's an old building so creaky in places but that just adds to the charm. I didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment on that. But overall it's a lovely hotel, great location and I would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Itskatycam
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Doreen G

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Arrived late at night and the reception was less than welcoming. I was briefly lectured how to book. My room should have been in 2nd floor, but I was given a room in 3rd floor, no explanation offered. The whole place is in a rather sorry state and I am sure it has seen better days long time ago. The floor is very sqeeky, the furniture is old, the walls need looked after, there was no shelf in the old wardrobe, the shower head was falling apart and the reception was not helpful. He was telling couple of other guests that their room has been upgraded free of charge, but could do nothing for me when I complained about my room. Really bad treatment.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank doctor0011
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was disappointed to read that you were unhappy with your stay. If you would like to discuss the points raised in your review further, please do not hesitate to contact me via telephone.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here as we wanted to be near Central School of Speech and Drama and it was very handy for the school. The building is old but well looked after. For a London hotel it was very quiet. Our room was right up in the eaves and was large and comfortable. The hot water did take a while to reach the bathroom but we coped. The bathroom was brand new and very clean. The beds were comfortable and I slept really well. There was also parking which was a bonus. If you don't manage to get into the car part which does only take five cars then there is a large car park nearby but no street parking. Breakfast was the normal London buffet breakfast. I am not a fan of cooked breakfast preferring continental but the price was the same for both. There are plenty of places to eat. Swiss Cottage is a good location for exploring London. Primrose Hill, Regents park inc London Zoo are all within walking distance and the tube is close by. A good hotel in a very pleasant location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel, I do hope that you will choose us again for a future visit.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I tried to go with an open mind as this had been booked by my work. It has the potential to be nice but requires a major upgrade in all area's. There is a breakfast room which did do a great cooked breakfast but no facilities for dinner. Thankfully I had colleagues to dine out with but had I been on my on that would have been a problem. The bedrooms are terrible, especially might which was 311 and was meant to be an exec double. It was three flights up and although there is a lift the first night I waited ten minutes and it never came. The room itself was the pits. Dark, dingy and very old fashioned. The carpet was marked as well as all the surfaces. The runner on the bed was stained and worst of all the bedside lamps had round plugs and pins. The lights worked intermittently and flickered off and on. A truly bad experience all in all.

Room Tip: Just don't book it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank stoneleigh19
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

stay here for a night and the rooms are in good decorative order, it is clean,comfortable and have every thing you need , Really near to the tube station , Take exit 2 and as you come up the steps the hotel is in front of you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location of our hotel and hope that you will return for a future visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We have just arrived back from 2 days at the Swiss Cottage Hotel. The hotel is an old building which is kept in good decorative order, it is clean, warm and comfortable. The day staff including breakfast room staff are extremely friendly and helpful especially Giselle and Ian, they helped us with a difficult situation which could have ruined our stay but they couldn't of been more helpful and understanding, excellent customer service, so thank you both so much. The breakfast may seem expensive but was of an excellent quality and quantity and so much to choose from. Our room was a superior room and we would say the only downside would be the size of the shower cubicle, we are not particularly big people but it was small and it is no power shower. The room attendant was good and kept our room spotless and with plenty of drink making supplies. It is in an ideal location to all parts of London and Camden town was fabulous. Our only negative comments would be that the evening reception/bar staff were not people friendly or helpful and the drinks were extremely expensive, 2 cokes £5.90 rather over priced. All in all a really nice stay and we would definitely go back and recommend to others. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor and was at the front of the building on the main road but we didn'...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Karen,

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read your largely positive comments (myself and Ian were happy to help and glad everything was sorted out in the end!).

Thanks again for all of your feedback, I will be looking into all matters raised.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon!