“Comfortable hotel near Central London”

Ranked #458 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 April 2014

An ideal bolt hole, steps away from the Tube and several bus routes. No restaurant for dinner, but London has many within a few minutes. The area seemed to be safe so it was not a problem arriving late at night. The hotel's floorboards creaked which might be a problem is someone was walking around in the room above. All in all, we'll be back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian C
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you will be returning for a future stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

BEST WESTERN Swiss Cottage Hotel

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have stayed here on three occasions now and have found the service to be excellent, making us very welcome. Although the hotel does not serve evening meals it is well located adjacent to Swiss Cottage tube for easy access into more central areas and has an excellent restaurant just a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that you are a returning guest and that you enjoy the service and location of the hotel.

I do hope that you will choose us again for a London stay.

BEST WESTERN Swiss Cottage Hotel

Reviewed 13 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I gave it an average rating based on the location. I paid for my room prior to my arrival but they made no effort to allow me to check in early. The room I slept in during my first night had no heat. The décor and furniture did not appear to have been updated since the 1960s. The 'gentlemen' who worked at the front desk were rude and seemed totally unaware of the meaning of customer service. Swiss Cottage advertises free water at this location -- it's in the basement but you have to locate someone to get if for you if you want it after regular business hours. I have never stayed in a Best Western before -- I expected so much more from an international chain. I never plan to use this chain again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank PreferMarriott2014
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was disappointed to read that you were unhappy with your stay. If you would like to discuss the points raised in your review further, please do not hesitate to contact me via telephone.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel has a great location, one block from the underground station, is charming and comfortable. The rooms are spacious, but the elevator is the smallest I've seen in the UK, the kind you might find in small places in Paris. The bar is not staffed, so if you would like a drink in that very pleasant environment, you need to ask someone from the reception to leave their post and serve you. That might not be a problem, but if there are guests at reception requiring other services, then service at the bar is put on hold and that might take 15 minutes or more. This is a pity.
There is one big problem with the hotel, however, and that is its internet connection. We've stayed there twice and the problem has not changed: the connection breaks down every 15 minutes or so, we call the reception, they re-set it after 5 minutes, and then it breaks down again. This was repeated endlessly throughout our 4-day stay, on two occasions. If they fix this, probably by changing the equipment they have, or getting a better provider, we will gladly come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and the charm of the hotel.

I do apologize if you had any problems logging onto the WIFI at the hotel, I have not had any other reports of problems regarding this but I will investigate.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here whilst my husband was very poorly in the Royal Free Hospital and I have to say that the service I received was second to none - first class people on reception, (a huge thank you to them!) room very comfortable and spacious, central to so many London bus and tube routes to take you anywhere you want to go, would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in three rooms on separate occasions and all were very good. Excellent nights sleep in all...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel.

I will be sure to pass your comments on to my staff and do hope that you will choose us again for a future stay.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Well placed with lots to do nearby with an easy tube journey into the city. Hot water issues and tardy room service, but on the whole a lovely hotel and good value for money. Note no lift to fourth floor. I would however recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found it value for money. I do also apologize for any hot water issues that you mentioned you experienced.

I do hope that you will choose us again for a future stay.