Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel
US$302
US$276
Hilton
  • Pool
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$253
Doubletree
US$242
Rubens Hotel
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$197
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$134
Agoda.com
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$184
US$475
  • Pool
All reviewsfinchley roadjubilee linehampstead theatretube stationprimrose hillbelsize parkcamden townquiet locationthird floorsuperior roomcooked breakfastlarge roomwould stay againshower roomfamily roomfew minutes walkfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is centrally located very near the swiss cottage underground and it has it`s own parking space for your car.
It`s in a victorian building and there are a lot of corridors to walk untill you`v reached your room.
The rooms are small and have very little cupboard space, but the are clean with fresh bedlinnen and newly refurbished shower & toilet.
The breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: Most rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and found the hotel and linen to be clean.

I do hope that you will return for a future stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here on 28-29 May because the usual hotel that I use when I'm on business in London was full. First the positives - it's easy to find from the Tube and the decor and rooms (including the furniture are all original and individual - possibly from it having been a large Georgian house in the day and pretty large rooms for London. The bathroom was also well maintained large and modern and the WIFI worked very well and was easy to connect to.

The downsides are that it has no air conditioning which means that the rooms are very hot and sticky in the Summer/late Spring and the restaurant in the cellar even more so - so I couldn't enjoy my breakfast and overnight had to leave all of the windows open (which meant there was quite a lot of noise from the street outside, so I didn't sleep well). The lift also didn't work, which wasn't a problem for me, but if I'd been elderly or disabled it would have been.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room
1  Thank StaffordRanger
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and style of the hotel but do apologise if you found the temperature of your bedroom and the breakfast room too hot.

I do hope that you will choose us again for a future stay and I thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was fashioned from several houses, in a quiet location on a leafy street approx 500 feet from the Swiss Cottage Tube Station and many buses. Lovely lounge. Room was bright, comfortably furnished with several chairs, a small dressing area and a large modern bathroom. Most important - comfortable bed. Helpful service . Kettle in room with tea, instant coffee, cookies ( biscuits) - we brought our French press and made coffee; kept fresh milk in bucket of ice ( no refrigerator). Did not eat breakfast in hotel as it seemed too pricey. Many good restaurants nearby , esp Bradleys, and Hampstead Theatre across the road. There isn't a safe in the room but there safe lock-up drawers in the front office. We would stay there again; a friend always stays there when he visits London.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the homely feel of the hotel. I was also pleased to read that you would return and hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I made a reservation for this hotel through booking.com for the same night and realised that i didn't need the room due to my work being cancelled as i received an email straight after booking.
So 8 minutes after i made the reservation i called the hotel directly to cancel and they said nobody was there to authorise this until 24 hours. I also called booking.com who spoke to best western and said the same.
When i called in the morning i was told there would be no refund and was charged the full room price for a service i did not use and a room i didn't even check in to.
I also made a complaint to both booking.com and best western who blame each other and are un-willing to help.
I see no justification for this as i gave them notice immediately after booking. it's just a form of robbery and should be treated as a criminal offence!!!!

Room Tip: This hotel is only interested in taking your money - very un-helpful and un-carings staff
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank nickywillamonb
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I got depressed looking for a central London hotel that wasn't plagued by myriad reviews mentioning tiny rooms, threadbare carpets, funny smells, excessive noise, terrible beds, awful breakfasts, non-working wi-fi etc. etc. Looking a bit further out than Bloomsbury, where I had some work to do, I found this one which apart from warnings about the breakfast seemed to get good reviews. And it happily lived up to expectations.

I had a big room, a good bed, a huge shower, and the hotel was situated on a nice leafy street but very close to Swiss Cottage station. There was a bit of noise on the street in the night, but it was a hot night and I had windows open so I blame myself for that: it was a lot quieter than a more central location. I didn't even mind the very retro decor (a velour chaise longue in my room!) because they've made it a rather charming feature as opposed to a problem.

Getting there from Westminster the previous night, and to Euston Square the next morning was easy via either the Jubilee line to Swiss Cottage (less than 5 mins walk away), or the Jubilee/Metropolitan line from Finchley Road (10 mins walk away). I got breakfast at the Garden Cafe just round the corner from Fichley Road station, which was excellent.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stay.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the location.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.