“Great price, Great location”

Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel
Ranked #468 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel, great location and a great price. Location was perfect for us, only a couple of stops away from the hustle and bustle of Baker St and you were in the slightly more suburban normality of Swiss Cottage and St. John's Wood.
Near the hotel we found some great places to eat and there was a farmers market on the day we left so we managed to stock up on great food for our journey home.
The hotel was clean, friendly staff, a wonderful quirky decor. But the location was by and far the main USP for us on this trip.
Room was big, comfy beds, clean and quiet

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TBI2014
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the location.

I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Room Tip: Stay away from the top floor--no elevator access. Difficult with large cases.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Thank A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer

Reviewed 13 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Howard K

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed in a superior double room, room was spacious and location was good, however the room has no air condition, no fridge, no safety deposit, internet broken most of the time, room and bathroom were not very clean and the room smelled really bad, tired room and very very old, staff not friendly and not rude meaning that they won't go the extra mile to make sure you're happy

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Black J
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was disappointed to read that you were unhappy with your stay. If you would like to discuss the points raised in your review further, please do not hesitate to contact me via telephone.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The location was perfect - near the Swiss Cottage tube stop that was very convenient to central London. The room had everything I needed: a window that opened, coffee maker, etc. It was small and the bathroom was especially small. I appreciated the computer and printer in the lobby since mine was not working.

The only reason I would not recommend this hotel (for the value/budget traveler) was that my room had no hot water. A business colleague was in the room before me and changed rooms. When I arrived, they gave me the room that he had changed moved out of, but still no hot water. I was too lazy to change and the hot water was never fixed during my four day visit. The hotel did give me a discount on the room, but really they should not be putting guests in this room if they have not intention to fix the hot water.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has hot water
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelingdogDaisy
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and other aspects of the hotel but I do apologise for any inconvenience caused regarding the hot water issue. I will be looking into the points raised.

I do hope that you will reconsider and return for a future stay.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

as a tourist hotel I would recommend it, as a business hotel it depends much on the traveller. The hotel looks like it was built in the second half of the 18th century and its interior design is old fashioned, faded chic. Don't get me wrong, it all works. The rooms are diverse, but if your are lucky to obtain a large one (book a superior double and ask), pay a few pounds extra for it and you'll enjoy a really large room. No aircon. Original sash windows.

Location is top for public transport (Swiss cottage, finchley road, even belsize park is only 10 mins) and also for enjoyment - you can walk to primrose hill, and regent's park, or even hampstead. It is all nearby.
I will stay there again.

Room Tip: a large room may cost extra, but if you must spend time inside your room it might be worth asking fo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CeeandEnn20

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the character of the hotel and location and that you will return.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booked this via friend as we wanted somewhere with good Travel links to the O2. A 25 minute tube journey dropped us right on the doorstep. Swiss Cottage tube station is less than a five minute walk from the hotel.
Hotel itself is a little tired but it's set in a quiet area and a very warm night saw us turn in with windows open and we had an undisturbed nights sleep.
Room was a nice big room with double and two singles tea making facilities etc.
No restaurant as such but you can get lunchtime snacks and not much of a bar. But it served its purpose as a comfy bed for a couple of nights. I would use this place again as its away from the hustle and bustle of Central London

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Giselle122, Manager at Best Western Swiss Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the location and peacefulness of the area and do hope that you will return for a future stay.