We visited this hotel over the weekend just gone. It has a really good location, located a few minutes walk from the tube station. When you first go into the hotel it does look very inviting. The decoration and the reception are very well looked after and we felt welcome. The room it's self was good value for money and everything we used was in working order. The views were great actually as we could see the Thames river from our window.
The downside to the room is that we were unable to open the windows in the room. It wasn't broken, it just wasn't designed to open. If you get claustrophobic, the idea of being in a room without the ability to open the window may not be very inviting.
The food in the Indian restaurant was very nice. The waiting staff were very polite and very helpful. With our booking we got the breakfast in the morning too. This included a good variety of choices which included continental breakfast options, and also options for a full English breakfast including black pudding, sausages, and a choice of scrambled or fried eggs. There was many other options. The downside to this however is that we felt incredibly rushed. The breakfast room was very overcrowded and it did feel like we were all rushing to get to the food. They also didn't have any caffeinated coffee - just decaf.
Overall great location and service and I would not hesitate to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel situated in Canary Wharf, London's popular Docklands area. Canary Wharf, Jubilee line underground station is a 5 minute walk away. DLR stations South Quay and Heron Quay are within 5 minutes walking distance. Enjoy the shopping and lively atmosphere of Canary Wharf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your Britannia International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia International London
- Hotel Britannia International