“Thief in the reception!”

Britannia International Hotel
Ranked #879 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Lublin, Poland
“Thief in the reception!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel is well located in modern district and well connected to the center. There is TESCO and shopping center near the DLR station in the neighborhood.
Furniture is stylish but old, they should change beds but generally room was clean.
Internet did not work in one of our rooms, in the other room it was very slow. There is kettle and tea/coffee set in the room. Cleaning and room service staff is very good.
The rest of staff, especially reception and manager are failure. We had to rebook this hotel and the final price according to the booking was cheaper. However, we were charged by the receptionist with more expensive price. We checked in late evening and we did not notice it. We paid cash. The next day we checked our booking and inquired the manager.
We saw the check in papers with the more expensive price he printed out and we paid the day before....and there was correction put by the receptionist handwritting that we paid cheaper price! This thief just took 30 GBP to his pocket!!! Manger said it will take some time to clarify it, but we will be reimbursed on the day of our check out.
Of course on the day of our check out nothing was clarified. The staff had heard it for the first time, there was no manager, just duty manager who said they cannot give back that money because he is not able to decide!
It is a disgrace for the 4* hotel!!!
My advice: check your bills in Britannia International twice and pay by card so at least you have proof!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank blobus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (889)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

As previously reported, a tired hotel undergoing some refurbishment, décor needs updating.
Room comfortable and clean.
Checking in and out effortless and speedy.
Did not eat at the hotel - so can not comment, bar service and prices ok.
Stayed one Saturday night, great value on Room only basis.
Would recommend and stay here again.
Easy access on DLR or Jubilee Line.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John A
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here on business for 2 nights at the end of April (during the tube and rail strike). It is actually reasonably convenient and in walking distance from Canary Wharf station (Jubilee Line). I paid the usual high London rates but even at that I thought I had found a bargain 5-star hotel at 3 star prices.....I hadn't....my room was very poor, in fact quite "grubby". The furnishings were basic and tired, the wallpaper was filthy and the facilities were old and uninspiring. The lounge chair in my room was old and rocked sideways on legs that were so loose I dared not sit in it. Bed was hard but comfy enough.

I was offered only a "smoking room", which I did not want, but at the time of night when I checked-in I had very little option. This merely added to the "grubbiness" of the room.

At best I would say this hotel plays at being grand but it seems to have lost its sparkle and ambiance in the annals of history. Very much in need of a refurbishment. Poor quality and poor value. I'll not be tempted back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank FairCityFrasie
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in a lot worse hotels. Yes the decor was a little tired but ok. I had food on three occasions during my stay this week. The Indian was excellent, I had dinner twice in the pizzeria, I had pizza which was very good and the rib eye steak which was in the top 10 meals I have ever had.Excellent!!
The only down was the tetley bitter awful. As a Yorkshireman I know when tetley's is bad.
Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ian D
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel is currently undergoing refurbishment - this is needed as currently its a homage to the 80s, that said the service from ALL staff was amazing and friendly the room was quiet and comfortable and we had a good stay. To use the hotel swimming pool incurs an extra charge but the concierge service which allowed us to leave our luggage on the day of checkout and collect later was free and of real use for our trip. Great location in Docklands

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

1 Thank Budgie B
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel room is very spacious. Nice and clean.the service is excellent. And reasonable value.it is in a convenient location. Where u could tour around London very easily. I am sure if you around London. Do not miss out this great hotel. You will definitely enjoy a great night out.

• Stayed April 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights in February 2014 to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniverary, nice hotel, good location but sadly to say I got food poisioning from the cream in the Hotel, and had to be taken to hospital,, so it spoiled our trip to London, my complaint to the Hotel has been totally ignored have had no reply to Calls, email and letter - there Customer Service is poor, so was not a happy customer

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple