I had a weekend in London with my husband. It was last minute plan and concerned about this hotel because there were not many happy reviews. BUT...it is a convenient location with Jubilee line by 10 minutes walk or DLR, very quiet neighbourhood, Waitrose & Tesco nearby if you desire, yes, it is an old-ish hotel with dark wood furniture, our (double bed) room was on the 8th floor with a good water front view; a good sized room for budget travellers like us, with working air conditioner, shower & bath (!), an iron & ironing board, trouser press and tea/coffee facility, good storage etc - could not ask more!
We recommend having cocktails in the lounge - reasonably priced with good selection (cosmopolitan & Britannia Magic are delish!!). Also, there is a curry restaurant which is again reasonably priced so if you are too tired to go out and searching for somewhere to eat, why not try there! If we were staying longer I would have tried the spa facility. Breakfast is also good and offers choices (except grilled sausage was cheap quality).
We would use it again (^_^)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel situated in Canary Wharf, London's popular Docklands area. Canary Wharf, Jubilee line underground station is a 5 minute walk away. DLR stations South Quay and Heron Quay are within 5 minutes walking distance. Enjoy the shopping and lively atmosphere of Canary Wharf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your Britannia International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia International London
- Hotel Britannia International