Dear heavens, in this day and age why are hotels like this still doing good business? It looks ok but old-fashioned but down below it's dated, slow, terrible reception service with a very restricted ability to help.
Why do I say this? I was on my client's corporate booking and the hotel (which wrongly blamed the booking agency) screwed up the card payment. It cost us 45 mins at check-in and had to be sorted through someone else doing the payment. We had a free drink voucher.
Then I get to the room and the TV doesn't work. The room also faces the DLR - do not have a room facing that way even if the view of Docklands is better! They wouldn't move me until the next day even though not all rooms were taken. People were still to arrive but I had to stay where I was. Another free drink voucher. They must get through a lot of them.
The next day I was moved to an executive room. Code for bigger but still same tired space.
The irony is that I had to cancel my Premier Inn booking for two nights to come here. I was in the Premier Inn before and after this hotel and the PI is so much better!
Was there an upside? Yes - the Indian restaurant on-site is fantastic. Go there if you have to stay in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel situated in Canary Wharf, London's popular Docklands area. Canary Wharf, Jubilee line underground station is a 5 minute walk away. DLR stations South Quay and Heron Quay are within 5 minutes walking distance. Enjoy the shopping and lively atmosphere of Canary Wharf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your Britannia International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia International London
- Hotel Britannia International