“Very Comfortable Room with Impeccable Service”

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #111 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I recently stayed a week at the Hyatt Churchill while traveling on business with a large group of colleagues. Many of our group had stayed previously at this property and had complained about the size of the rooms. I found my room to be large (a king size bed) and very comfortable. The room included a tea service and instant coffee with a hot pot to heat water. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating to any requests that we had. The hotel is located walking distance to shopping and many sites.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cindy P
HyattRegencyLondon, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

We appreciate your kind comments! Thank you very much. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our bedroom facilities. I am glad that our Team made your stay enjoyable and we look forward to your next visit.

Michael J. Gray

Write a ReviewReviews (2,457)

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed in this executive room in the Churchill and it was a quite big room for a executive room. I mean we had 4 huge luggage bags and they fit in perfectly and we still had a lot of space. A good price and service.....I am speechless about that! Th other hotels I have stayed in send the stuff we order after a while but this hotel does it in a snap and every evening ask if we need anything. The staff is so honest because i forgot my iPad on my bed and then we went, the room was cleaned and my iPad was there! Very clean too. It is the perfect hotel...or should I say hotel paradise!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker choose the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review. Your compliment of being your ‘perfect hotel’ is truly wonderful to read and I would like to thank you personally. It is always a pleasure to hear that our Team left a positive impression and that you are satisfied with our spacious rooms.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed in the Executive Regency Suite for 3 nights from July 13th to July 16th. The hotel staffs were extremely polite from house keeping to regency club lounge host. On 2nd day of stay, my wife accidently forgot to put away her $$$$ Tiffany diamond ring plus Tiffany diamond bangle into the safety box after taking off the night before going to sleep, left them on the bedroom night stand. After we were gone for the entire afternoon to remember and realized they were left on the night stand. We were worried due to extremely bad service from the house keeping at the previously stayed hotel of a different hotel chain. However when we returned to our room, her jewelries were all safe and still on the night stand. We would like to thank and appreciate for the honesty of the excellent house keeping staffs.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis P

Our Team is what makes this hotel great and thank you for complimenting them! We will forward your regards to our Housekeeping team. Thank you again for your trust and we hope that we will soon have the chance to welcome you back and to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stay in this hotel around once per month (all for leisure) and it is our go to hotel in London. The staff treat us fantastically and we never want to leave. Suites are nice (and good value for London), the club lounge is pretty good and Sunday brunch is amazing. The hotel is quiet (much more so than Intercontinental Park Lane for example), but location is hard to beat.
We have a number of reviews with pictures on our website - for example, when we were upgraded to the Saatchi Suite (http://www.driven2travel.co.uk/hyatt-regency-london-the-churchill---saatchi-suite.html).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

First of all I would like to personally thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill. We are happy to hear that our hotel makes you ‘feel like home’ and that you enjoy all our departments. Many thanks for adding our Saatchi Suite to your website. Great images and we are delighted you have interacted with the artwork in the Saatchi Suite bathroom.

We look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for 2 nights in July 2012. This was our first visit to London. The Hyatt Regency Churchill displayed some of the best customer service I have ever encountered while staying in a hotel. All of the staff we encountered were exceptionally courteous. We stayed on points in a King room so I cannot comment on the value of the accommodations. The room was spacious enough for the two of us and was very clean. The only negative is that the room was an adjoining room and noise insulation was a problem. We could here everything happening in the neighboring room. This wasn't a huge deal since our neighbor was generally quiet. However, if I were paying full price for the room and not staying on points, I would have had an issue.

The Hyatt Regency Churchill is conveniently located in the west end of London. A short walk to Oxford Street and Hyde Park. We easily walked to Piccadilly Circus and back. Marble Arch Underground Station is also close by.

We also had afternoon tea and a dinner in The Montagu Restaurant onsite and both experiences were wonderful. The food was excellent and the service was second-to-none. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such great comments towards the hotel and Team, our engagement is to exceed our guest expectations therefore hearing that this was the case are a pleasure to hear. Please let us know when you will be visiting us again and we will make sure that your room will be favourable.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed in a suite for a month. It took awhile to adjust to the size issue.
It was very small but perfectly formed and felt like living in a dolls house. Still it was so comfortable that after awhile I became quite fond of my dolls house.

The staff is what makes the Churchill sing. I dislike hotels that fuss over you I prefer efficiency with good humour. At the Churchill all your needs are smoothly met, so you can make the most of your time in this fabulous city. The staff, along with the sublimely comfortable bed make the Churchill a great place to stay.

The Club is also excellent but I don't want to say too much more for fear of making it harder to obtain another booking.

Yes Hyatt should be paying me for this review but they are not. However they need to spend the money and put a pool in there's plenty of room on the room for one.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

We are delighted to have you with us for such a long period of time. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel. Furthermore we appreciate the great compliments that you wrote about our Team and that you enjoyed our Regency Club to the fullest. It is indeed a hotel in a hotel. It will be my pleasure to forward your compliments to our colleagues.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years - incredible location, incredible service. However, I now wonder how they can continue to operate by allowing what I observed tonight. I upgraded to a club level room and was shocked at what I found returning to my room this evening. I could not physically get down the hall or to my room for the piles of rubbish, garbage bags and boxes and yes kitchen/cooking equipment.......all being "packed" by the occupants of the room across the hall. there were so many boxes even inside the room one could not get inside, and there were dozens of people, "customers", packing and filling the boxes in the hallway saying "so sorry, we are leaving tomorrow". I suggested that the hotel call in the police, to no avail, as obviously something was amiss. How this "five star" hotel allowed not only the mess to accumulate in the hallway, but how these folks got all this material and boxes and cooking equipment through the lobby, up the elevators and into the room in the first place is beyond me. I've seen this sort of thing in $2.oo rooms in third world countries, but in a supposedly five star hotel in London? Once my favorite, never again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.......and certainly not on the club level floors
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank aqdkeith

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on your experience with us. I am sincerely sorry that you had this unpleasant situation in our Regency Club Level. Our Club Rooms should have been a peaceful area within our hotel and it saddens us that this was disturbed. We appreciate your honest words and we have investigated this and will insure that this does not happen again. We hope to welcome you once again, therefore please send an email to London.churchill@hyatt.com and provide this correspondence as reference.

We look forward to hearing of you.

Michael J.Gray