“Sex and the City afternoon tea”

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #103 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Essex
“Sex and the City afternoon tea”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Friends and family joined together to celebrate a 50th birthday. I can only praise and highly recommend checking this out. It was excellent value for money. A good atmosphere. The food on offer was different from your typical afternoon tea. Piano playing very busy and a good afternoon for all 12 people who joined in the fun. I would definitely come back again with friends or family for a treat. Everyone deserves this kind of treat from time to time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review after experiencing our SATC Afternoon Par-Tea. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the birthday celebrations and many thanks for highly recommending the afternoon tea. We would be delighted to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Michael J. Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed Saturday as a treat and we loved the hotel, the staff on the 8th floor were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Everyone in the loyalty club really stood out as helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them when requested.

Relaxing was easy, from evening drinks to snacks before bed and a wonderful breakfast. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 814 which was a quiet room with no London noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason H
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are delighted that you had a ‘Wonderful Weekend Stay.’ We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

New York
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed at The Churchill four or five times over the last several years and have never been disappointed. I stayed there for business five nights last week. I am Hyatt Platinum so perhaps I receive better than average treatment but I sense they provide a good experience for all.

I stay so often at Hyatts and at so many different ones that I am in a good position to compare them. If you are looking to stay in W1, this is an excellent choice. You are within walking distance of just about everything. The Marble Arch tube is just around the corner as are the Oxford Street shops and department stores and Mayfair restaurants.

I have to thank Lee who did a great job of checking me in last week and helping with a few needs that I had. I find the staff to be helpful whether it be the front desk, at the restaurant, at the Regency Club or the cleaning people.

The lobby is nice but not incredible. The rooms are very good. Look, this is not the Ritz Carlton or the Four Seasons but then you're paying far less here than at those hotels. I don't know when the rooms were last redone but they don't feel old. And unlike some rooms in London, you don't feel cramped in the space.

The breakfast in the dining room is very good. You can choose from both the hot and cold buffets and they will make you anything else that you want. I ordered pancakes one morning which were excellent. They also have fresh squeezed orange juice which was awesome. I had access to the Regency Club. I ate breakfast there two of the days. More importantly, I enjoyed the early evening snacks and drinks which they provided.

All in all, I think you'll enjoy staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MDXP
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘Excellent Choice in W1.’ We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find our location very convenient. I look forward to passing your kind comments on to the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

England
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Booked this hotel as a "secret deal" excellent location.beautiful hotel. I booked triple room for myself and grown up daughters. Oky slight criticism was the third bed was added to a twin room which made room slightly cramped

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Grimy
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I was delighted to read that you found our location ‘excellent’ and our hotel ‘beautiful.’ I will pass on your comments regarding the extra bed in the room to our teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have stayed at the Churchill a number if times both for leisure and business as a family. we always enjoy our stay. We normally chose a club room.The service is always of a high standard.However on a recent business trip I was really disappointed. The usually attentive porters were so busy I had to struggle with a number of very heavy bags (reception staff failed to help).My room had chewing gum on the carpet - I only noticed when my sock became stuck to the carpet. The selection of snacks in the club room was very limited.If I was a first time visitor to the hotel I would not return.

Room Tip: The club rooms offer access to the Club Lounge
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Suzej74
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your luggage and I apologise that the porters were busy and unable to assist you. I was very concerned to note the comments about your room and they have certainly been passed on to the teams. We do hope we are able to welcome you back again to demonstrate to you once again the care and attention we always strive to achieve.

London
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I went to this Hotel to visit my relatives who were staying at this hotel. My Uncle invited me to stay overnight as we came back to the hotel very late. The receptionist manage to arrange an extra bed without any extra cost. In the morning, the reception was so busy and we didn't want to wait for the queue so we decided to go, But the gentleman who worked by the main door named Bobby was so nice and friendly. He help us with directions and places to go. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘nice hotel & excellent customer service.’ I was delighted to read your kind comment about Bobby and I look forward to passing the comment on to him. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

London
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Perfect hotel with a good location in the hart off London. Close to Oxford Street, Hyde Park and Madame tussaud. The restaurant was very good to a nice price. Everything was like a hotel should be. A nice base for shopping and sightseeing .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and that you enjoyed the hotel restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.