“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #111 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is a long overdue review for The Churchill.

Location is excellent, right by Oxford and Bond streets. Selfridges is close by and all the tourist bus stops is walking distance to Marble Arch.

Room was fabulous even though I had the view of the back-end of the hotel. Very sophisticated and modern. The Club Floor was a nice place to lounge and eat breakfast. The service was great, with the exception of one "sarcastic" remark from a guest services person at the front desk when I asked him to drop off some mail for me. I gave him money for the post, plus tip (telling him he could keep the change), which he replied to "that's it?" and actually laughed at me. The hotel itself is beautiful, from the architecture and decor, and my experience there was great except for that one annoying incident.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was delighted to read about the aspects of your stay that you very much enjoyed including the location, ‘fabulous, sophisticated and modern’ room as well as the club floor breakfast. I was disappointed to hear of the reaction from our staff member and will follow this up. I hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Michael J. Gray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am a loyal Hyatt guest (mainly business and some personal.) Me and my partner decided to spend our anniversary in London and stay at the Regency utilizing our loyalty points and paying the average room night. The service was impeccable, the club level refreshments were good, not great but very good. We had a situation with our room and with promptness and professionalism, they handled it immediately. Would highly recommend anyone to this establishment with my utmost regards to the club level staff. Shout out to club level front desk, and the Housekeeping manager.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘Nothing short of exceptional’. We very much value your loyalty to Hyatt and I am delighted to read that you found our ‘service impeccable’, prompt and professional. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Hyatt Regency is superbly located, close to Oxford Street shopping and a short cab ride from Paddington Station. The hotel itself is large and the rooms are very spacious and well appointed, definitely consistent with the standards of a high-end business hotel. One qualm I have with the property is the slow check-in and check-out process. For a front desk that almost seems overstaffed, it was appalling how long it took to get through a simple check in/out. Also, we pre-paid for one night of our two night stay and were charged for both nights upon checkout. It doesn’t seem like a huge deal but when you consider the exchange rate differential from having the error refunded from pounds to dollars, it gets a bit annoying. Generally, I expected a higher level of competency. The other small complaint I have is with the washroom shower, which is only partially covered, so made for a wet washroom most days. Other than that, I was happy with the hotel and would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel as well as the ‘well-appointed’ and ‘spacious’ guest rooms. I was disappointed to hear about the slow process for check-in that you experienced. We have introduced recently quick check in with staff in the lobby who have iPads for when we have busy periods at check-in. I do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I had the pleasure to stay here twice. My second time the Manager upgraded me and my mother to the Regency Suite. The room isnt big (55sqm) but my mother enjoyed it and it was good enough for me! I think the hotel has excellent service and are in nice conditions. Only thing i react on is their gym and sauna wich is very low level. If they would have a new SPA this one would have got a 5 star. Overall i like the location and service of this hotel!

Room Tip: If you want a great SPA this is not a hotel to visit.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I was delighted that you enjoyed the upgrade to a Regency Suite and that you found our hotel service ‘excellent’. Although we do not have a spa in house, we are delighted to be introducing our new service of in-room massage treatments that guests can enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Holte, Denmark
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

The only positive thing about The Hyatt Regency London - The Churhill is the prices - extremely high - minimum USD 400 a night including taxes.

During my 40 years travelling around the world I have never met such an arrogant attitude and compared with rates, it is totally out of question.

Even in London you can find much better hotels at a much better price.

Hyatt in London is a big automatically runned machine without any personal feelings.

From the outside it looks nice, but if you get inside, it is "The Emperors New Clothes".

The restaurant - The Montagu - is nice but nothing special, and if you want to have your coffee afterwards in The Churchill Bar, you are met with a waiter telling you that you must at least spend 25 GBP to be seated !!!!! - after you have spent more than 100 GBP in the restaurant !!!!

Happy that I am checking tomorrow.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Lea J
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was most concerned to read that you found us to have an ‘arrogant attitude’. Please feel free to email feedback.hrlondon@hyatt.com to discuss this further.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was my first time ever staying at a Hyatt and I loved it. The rooms are spacious with great shower heads that allow you to control the pressure of the water and the beds are very comfortable. What I loved about this hotel was that you could borrow things from them like a yoga mat or iphone charger. They also have American outlets as well as UK ones. This hotel is located about 2 blocks away from all the shopping at Oxford street. The front desk was very friendly but the super stars I encountered where at the concierge desk. Kim, Jenny and Zahil were so friendly and very helpful. They would ask me about my day out and always remembered me. All three of them made me feel very special. I would definitely get a room with breakfast. Breakfast was perfect and I never missed a day of it. They had eggs, sausages, cold cuts, cheese, pastries and you could even order pancakes or French toast from a waiter. Frances at breakfast was so friendly and helpful. The staff and the rooms are amazing here. I only wished that they had a mini gift shop or store.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘Amazing’. We are delighted that you very much enjoyed your first stay at Hyatt. I was pleased to read that you found it useful to be able to borrow items that you needed including the charger and yoga mat. I very much look forward to passing you kind comments about Kim, Jenny, Zahil and Frances, to them and the teams. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

It has a very welcoming ambience that made for a comfortable stay. Location was excellent too, the windows oversee the Portman Park. Internet was a bit wonky however. Nevertheless a good stay, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our ‘welcoming ambience’ and had a ‘comfortable stay’. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.