“Luxury hotel that will go above and beyond”

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #114 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Hotel staff went above and beyond with greeting us upon our arrival. They were very friendly and genuine. Also, front desk staff asked how our trip was and how we were doing.

-Bell hop was prompt to bring our luggage to our room.
-Concierge provided advice on where to eat lunch.
-I ran out of water in the room and within 5 mins or less, someone was at the door to provide a replenishment.

Close to Marble arch, and shops :)

I highly recommend this place for friends, family, couples, etc.

Room Tip: Everything is excellent!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘Luxury hotel that will go above and beyond.’ I am delighted that you high recommend the hotel to everyone. I look forward to passing your very kind comments on to the teams here. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for one night and it is very close to main shopping area - the oxford street. The room is big enough for hotel room in london. While the staff are very tentative and friendly. They make you feel welcome.

The breakfast was great!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Smokey B

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I was pleased to read that you had a ‘pleasant stay’ at the hotel for the night. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

A weekend in London set in a super location for a bit of culture, fine dinning and of course shopping. Having been guests at the hyatt in different countries our expectations were high and fortunately all met. The service was top class and the brunch was just epic!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 3xSorensen

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review after enjoying an ‘epic brunch!’ We are delighted that you found the brunch ‘top class’ and that we met your high standards. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

There was nothing memorable or exciting about this hotel or indeed anything that stood out during our recent 6 night stay here. I regularly stay at Hyatt properties the world over for work, but this was a personal trip with my partner, the first stop on a three week vacation to various places in Europe. I have a lot of Hyatt Gold Passport points so I decided to save my dollars and use 150,000 of my hard earned points instead. Unfortunately I came away incredibly disappointed. We were in a standard room at the very end of a hallway (a location I loathe). When I first checked in I asked if I could upgrade by paying or using points and the person went away for a time, came back and said check back in later in the afternoon once all the rooms had been serviced. I called down at 3pm and was told no upgrades would be possible and the hotel was fully booked. I wish I was just told straight up that morning.

Generally the hotel is a 5 star (understanding that hotels the world over commit to a common rating system whereby to be considered 5 star you must have certain things, ie: room service, a gym, etc.). But within the 5 star rating is a good deal of variation and hence why you see properties like this with a 5 star rating, but that are not in my view, of 5 star quality. There is nothing terribly bad or awful about this place, it's just very average. Nothing stood out and there was no point of differentiation. It looks nice on the surface (ie: the lobby area) but the rest of it I just found bland. People don't go out of their way to help. The room service food was incredibly poor (we ordered room service on our first morning as a bit of a treat, but never did again after that).

I honestly would suggest you look for another property in the area that is smaller, more personable, but charging similar room rate. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel and that you did not receive the service that we strive to achieve. I will certainly discuss the issue that you experienced. I would be grateful if you could write to feedback.hrlondon@hyatt.com as we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We spent Easter in the Hyatt and found it to be in the perfect location for all the sights the west end has to offer.
The room was nice with large screen tv. The bathroom a bit on the small side but with Molton Brown toiletries. The bed was very comfortable.
The staff are excellent, polite and courteous. The bar staff are attentive and efficient.
It is a pity the hotel does not have its own dedicated restaurant.
We would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review after enjoying at Easter break at the hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your room and ‘large TV screen’. I look forward to passing your kind comments regarding our ‘excellent, polite and courteous’ staff on to the teams. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Friendly service coupled with a strategic location close to the marble arch. Offers the English charm with modern amenities, with shops and public transport just around the corner. Rooms are cosy but the air conditioning could be better regulated. Tends to warm up during the night. Other than that, Would recommend and will return to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew H

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I was pleased that you enjoyed our location close to Marble Arch and that you found our modern amenities to offer some ‘English Charm.’ I appreciate the feedback regarding the air conditioning and will ensure to mention this to the teams here. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our 3rd visit and it did not disappoint.
I think one of the things which makes this hotel 5* is the quality and quantity of the staff on hand to help. We particularly found the bar staff very helpful and knowledgeable in helping us choose from the extensive cocktail menu. It's only a short stroll to Oxford street and the location makes it a great base. The rooms are extremely comfortable and well equipped and I would recommend one facing Portman Square as the view is lovely. Definately a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Christine N

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are so pleased that you found us to offer ‘consistently high standards’ with ‘quality and quantity’ of staff. I look forward to passing your kind comments regarding the bar staff on to the team here. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.