“Best Hotel Stay Ever!”

Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
Ranked #112 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is very well placed at marble arch perfect for a long shopping trip on oxford street, the staff are amazing the rooms are really comfortable, the concierge are really knowledable and helpful. I reccommend upgrading to Regency Club the bathroom ammenties are molton brown (real treat) and the lounge is perfect for nibbles and drinks before a show! It is fairly formal but when you pass celebrities it adds to the magic! Worth the extra money i'm already saving for my next visit.

Room Tip: Pay extra for Regency Club
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael G, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I was so delighted to read that it was your ‘Best Hotel Stay Ever!’ We were pleased that you enjoyed and recommended Regency Club too. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Michael J. Gray

Write a ReviewReviews (2,459)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

In my view, Four Seasons Hotels are far and way the best properties in the cities in which they are located. However, The Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill rivals the Four Seasons in London and while expensive is usually less expensive than the Four Seasons. I have stayed at this property several times, the last being in late June 2014. Service is outstanding and no matter the interval between stays the staff always remembers me. The Regency Club is excellent - certainly better than most Regency Clubs at other Hyatts. This is a hotel with a great location, comfortable and well equipped rooms (some can be on the small side), well maintained and an excellent staff. If I had a complaint it would be that the fitness center is small and there is no spa, but this is a hotel I will return to time and again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PHDMAD

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so pleased that you had a great stay at our ‘top hotel’ and that you enjoyed our ‘excellent staff’, ‘well equipped rooms’ and ‘great location.’ We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel was great and all, but for the price I expected better. Truth be told I used free night awards, so I didn't actually pay anything, but still. This is supposed to be a very high end place, but I've stayed at many hotels that cost half the price that were "better."

I have no real complaints, to be honest, other than that checking in was a bit of a drag. Our room wasn't available and the front desk people didn't seem to be too interested in getting my very young children into a room quickly. She offered me an upgraded room immediately, if only I was willing to pay an extra $1500. I thought she was making a joke, but she wasn't. She told me to come back in an hour otherwise. I came back in 30 minutes and she said the room still wasn't ready. I came back 15 minutes later, and another guy made jokes about how I came back too soon, insinuating I was being impatient, which I was. Anyways he did find a room, so I guess I waited long enough!

The people were nice. The room wasn't big, but it was adequate and clean. We didn't eat at the restaurant. The concierge let us into the private park outside. The location is pretty good. There are some nice places to go nearby, such as the Wallace House and quite a few Parks. We walked to the London Eye and Buckingham Palace, although some people might have thought the walk was too much.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank petesperl

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry to hear that you found our check-in process slow and that your room was not available when you first arrived. We are pleased that you did find out location ‘pretty good’ and that you were able to visit some of London’s landmarks and attractions. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our last stay 2 years ago was wonderful. This one was as well. Again we stayed in a suite with a terrace overlooking Portman Square park. It's not overly large, but is two rooms separated by a louvered door. The service is exceptional at every point of contact. They can't do enough for you. Our only slight disappointment was with the Regency Club where the evening appetizer offerings seemed meager and they had no dry vermouth for a Martini.

The hotel is in a great location, with the Marble Arch tube station and bus stops being only 3 short blocks away. A number of very good pubs for dinner are located within a few blocks walk.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Portman Square are desirable.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JIMCHI

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and for titling it ‘An outstanding Hotel in a Great Location.’ I was delighted to read that you had a ‘wonderful’ stay in your suite and that you enjoyed our ‘exceptional’ service. Our ‘Churchill Martini’ that you tasted in the Regency Club lounge was actually inspired by Sir Winston himself who liked to see the vermouth on the bar, but did not want it in his drink. Each time the bar team create this specific cocktail they ensure to follow these steps.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great location, comfortable stay, nice service... Couldn't ask for more! It was really convenient for my husband and I that the room offered us two spots for getting ready. We enjoyed the perks of the "Club" level and the service that was offered in the club level each morning and night at breakfast and "happy hour". Highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found it ‘comfortable’ with ‘nice service’ and a ‘great location.’ It was great to read that you also enjoyed the amenities that our Regency Club offers. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Michael J. Gray,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at the Churchill for four nights in late June 2014. The rooms were well appointed but not over the top. It is difficult to maneuver with an extra bed for children in the small rooms, but that is London! Bathrooms were oddly configured with half doors to shower stalls that resulted in dousing the floor with each shower. On the positive side, as Diamond status members, we took advantage of the Regency Club for ample and tasty breakfasts and generous canapé hours. Service there was attentive and discrete. The concierge service was very helpful and efficient, helping plan a trip to Windsor on short notice and printing boarding passes when our stay was up.
Kids got into the mini bar, resulting in a $40 charge for 2 sodas, but that was a result of jet lagged parenting, not the Churchill. Overall a delightful stay in London, and one I'd love to repeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Beth P

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and titling it ‘nice hotel, great location, exceptional service.’ We are delighted that you took advantage of the Regency Club amenities and that you found our concierge service attentive, helpful and efficient. I look forward to passing these comments on the team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here one night through work and the staff were great from the outset. Everybody says hello and some even asked how my stay was when in the lift or corridor. The room was clean and spacious but would have been nice to have had some tea or coffee making facilities but that's the only minor point. Breakfast was just excellent. Vast range of food choices, coffee served at your table. Bar area comfortable but drinks very expensive. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and titling it ‘Friendly service and delicious breakfast’ both of which we are delighted that you enjoyed! I am pleased that you enjoyed the ‘clean and spacious’ rooms. I will discuss the missing facilities with our team as we do in fact offer tea and coffee facilities in all rooms as a standard. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.