“eden plaza”

Ranked #650 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, England, United Kingdom
“eden plaza”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Spotlessly clean in all areas. Our twin room was very comfortable the en-suite shower room looked new. Everything worked easily including the air conditioning in the bedroom which was very welcome as the weather was hot. Ideal central location. friendly helpful staff. We were delighted and would not hesitate making another visit

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Neuchâtel
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Excellent location for London (direct tube to Heathrow in 45 minutes and very good tube connections for most London attractions). The rooms are quite small and several rooms are on -1 level, these rooms are a little dark but less noisy. So, if you need your room only for sleeping and do not want to pass some time in it, the Eden Plaza an excellent choice. The rooms and bathrooms are newly furnished (except the shopworn carpet), very functional and clean and there is free Wifi (that works!). If you take a twin room, the beds are one behind the other, so you have some privacy. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but near the Gloucester Road Tube station, where you can find several possibilities to have a nice continental or English breakfast. The neighbourhood is very interesting and pleasant and the Royal Albert Hall is at 10 minutes walking distance (a tip: they serve an excellent Afternoon Tea in the Cafeteria of the Royal Albert Hall in a very cosy atmosphere and at a convenient price). This was my 7th stay in London and I must say the Eden Plaza was the best value for money I have found.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank morfer
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I was a solo traveler looking for a location on the Picadilli line so I could travel non-stop via tube from Heathrow Airport. The Eden Plaza is a 5 minute walk from Gloucester Rd tube. For Central London it is a dream location. 2 stops from Harrods and easy access to everywhere else. The staff are delightful. I asked for an extra blanket and got one immediately. Now for the not so good part: the room was timy. It was the smallest room I have ever seen and I wasborn and raised in England and have travelled a lot in Asia so I am familiar with small rooms. There was a single bed and when I placed my upright suitcase next to the bed there was no room to walk around. There is no closet just a ranging rack. The sink in the bathroom was so small that it was hard to even wash my face. The walls are really thin so I could hear every word my neighbors said. There was screaming and bankging until midnight both nights but absolute silense from midnight to 8am. The corridors are so narrow it is hard to wheel a suitcase down. The bathroom was immiculately clean but the walls in the bedroom were grubby with multiple stains and scuffs all around the bedhead and the wall next to the bed. The bed was very comfortable and there was minimal traffic noise. I was on the 5th floor. I did not try the breakfast but was granted late checkourt at 12:30pm which I really appreciated.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We booked a double room and it was the size of a small box room. The bedroom was supposed to be a double. The bed its self was not far of a single, no where near a double. im only 4ft 11" and my partner is 5ft8" and there was no way we could both sleep in that bed at the same time. worst night sleep of my life. left the hotel at the crack of dawn to go home and get a decent nights sleep. appauling.

Room Tip: Dont waste your money!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Pori
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Overall, the hotel is as expected. The location is good, between two tube stations, in South Kensington. The staff is quite friendly and the rooms are clean.
However, the room sizes seem to vary enormously, and it seems it's up to a chance whether one gets a tiny or a spacious room.
Our room was by far the smallest I've ever been in. A very narrow corridor lead from door to the back of the room. Both the head and the other side of the bed were right next to the wall. If one wanted to go the bathroom, the other had to make room by sitting on the bed. Only a few hanger to hang our clothes on, no drawers, shelfs etc.
Tried to change the room, weren't any available.....

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Stjordal, Norway
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The hotel has a central location with 3 tube lines nearby (Circle Line, Piccadilly Line, District Line) which make it easy to get around. Gloucester Road is the best tube station to use (even though the hotel has listed South Kensington as the closest) as it is easy to walk to the hotel from there.

The rooms are very small, but clean. We hardly had place to unpack our luggage in our twinroom. All rooms are fully airconditioned and there is free wifi in all rooms.

The hotel staff were friendly, but I would advise guests not to buy the London Sightseeing Bus tickets from the hotel. The hotel sell tickets to Big Bus Tours, but we had to wait for almost 30 minutes on Gloucester Road before the bus arrived. While we were waiting there were several other buses from Original Tour - London Sightseeing passing by - they seem to have more buses and you would not have to wait as long as we did.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We booked this hotel at the recommendation of a friend living in London to attend their wedding. While it is centrally located, it's beautiful facade masks a dingy and poor quality motel. There were three of us traveling together so we booked a "family room," which was quite spacious, however it was on the "1st floor" ie basement. Our window opened into an alcove that looked into another room and a brick wall, providing absolutely no privacy. The room and carpet felt damp during our entire stay. Luckily I'm a bit of a heavy sleeper, however one of my friends reported hearing the guests above us urinating and flusing the toliet above us. Our friend, the bride, stayed in a single room which was the size of a closet; there was barely enough room for two girls to stand in. Charging 2 pounds to use the internet in the lobby to print a boarding pass seems ridiculous. I haven't stayed in many hotels in London, but I feel strongly there must be better hotels. I will not return.

Room Tip: If you do book this room, just make sure it's not on the first floor. Either way, don't expe...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends