“It is a proper place to stay in London.”

Eden Plaza Kensington
Ranked #644 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“It is a proper place to stay in London.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The location is perfect and its price is affordable considering the accomodation prices in London. It is very close to the undeground the south Kensington. It is also within proximity to the Museums of Science and Natural History.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Arriving their at around 9 pm in the evening after an 11 hour flight being checked in but then receiving no help from anyone to carry our luggage to our room was the first problem we encountered. The 'reception' was tiny and looked NOTHING like the photos online. The breakfast area could have been a bedroom, that's how small it is. Then the elevator which could supposedly fit 8 persons was in fact barely able to fit 4.

We got to the rooms only to find that it was more of a closet than a bedroom. Since when does a hotel make you sleep toe-to-toe? There was no space to move around, no chairs to relax on. I'm not surprised considering they shoved 80 rooms into this tiny building. Maybe if they had 40 rooms instead of 80 one would be able to breathe in their bedroom and walk into the bathroom.

The wifi connection was terrible and just went from bad to worse.

This may be a 'budget' hotel however I think one could easily find something better for the same price. It's not actually that cheap at all! I would certainly up my budget next time.

The only thing good about this hotel was it's location. Other than that everything was just terrible! We will not be staying there again!

The photos make the place look nice but in reality it is far from it.

• Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Oxfordshire
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was disappointed with this hotel. In fact it is not really what I would call a hotel, as there was no bar, no lounge, no restaurant. Just reception, a small breakfast area and absolutely minute rooms. The first room we were shown to (308) was ridiculously small for a double. It would have been small for a single. We asked for a larger room, and were given 606, which though still too small, was better. I suppose location is everything in London and we should not have expected more for the money (£278 for 2 nights) It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff were polite and helpful. We walked along to Garfunkels at Gloucester Road tube station for breakfast. They do a great cooked breakfast for £5.95. Better value than the hotel.

Room Tip: 606 was a better option. Still tiny but at least you can get your suitcase in through the door.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barham
Albufeira, Portugal
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We arrived at the Hotel on Thurs 12 June for a three night stay. The staff at reception were extremely helpful and polite. The room, albeit small in size, was adequate, clean and comfortable. The room was cleaned daily and towels changed. Our room (304) was at the rear of the building so we didn´t have much of a view but we were away from traffic noise which I could imagine could be a problem in a room at the front of the building. The reception staff provided us with maps and helped in giving directions. Th Hotel is 5 mins walk from Gloucester Road underground whic covers the District, Circle and Piccadilly lines, ideal for getting into town. Also the open top Big Red Bus leaves from just outside the underground at Gloucester Road and we purchased a 48 hour pass which was perfect to sightsee. We didnt eat at the Hotel so can make no comments about the food.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the Hotel are quieter, all have air conditioning.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Good location for walking. Rooms are as everyone says very very small. Could not swing around with my arms out but ok for me, one person who just wants a bed and a shower even though a tad expensive. It is in the right location right around the corner from the tube, 15 mins from Harrords and both museums 5 mins walk away. If all your looking for what I was looking for location perfect for you.

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

In my quest to find an apartment short term in London, I have to find hotels day in, day out. This one I almost forgot I've been there. And in my opinion, that kind of defines the place.
- The staff was okay, not remarkably friendly, but polite and helpful.
- I asked for a quiet room and was given a ground floor, huge room, which was surprisingly quiet - I could almost hear my heartbeat, so that was cool too.
- My room was huge for what I paid, and given the location (in the same corner as the Natural History Museum, if my memory doesn't fail me), it's an even bigger shocker.

If you need a place to sleep, don't look further – that's the one. Now, if you like fanciness (I do, I confess), maybe you want to search elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank royalsflush
Leeds Yorkshire
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Nice and clean. Quick check and out next morning. We had a twin bedded room from which the word 'bijou' was invented,there are some clever designers about.How any one over six feet and 17stone fitted in the toilet was a miracle.

Room Tip: One night would be enough.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family