“Great response to a bad situation”
Review of 11 Cadogan Gardens

11 Cadogan Gardens
Ranked #87 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Parktown West
“Great response to a bad situation”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I Chose to stay here based on Trip Advisor reviews, upon arrival the service was excellent . After the first night I did not like the bed, the mattress sunk in and was not firm at all. I asked for a new mattress in the morning and then I went out for the day only to come back at 3.30pm and the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and not only did they send someone immediately , they realised they had not solved the mattress problem and offered to change my room. I was moved from room 402 to 302 which was a better room. (funny though! both junior suites - SO please ask for pictures of the room if booking a junior suite and based on my experience go for room 302. Overall great service, Quiet, Great breakfast too...

Room Tip: Ask to see pictures of rooms - they are all different. I moved from room 402 to room 302 and room 30...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Audrey M
Soliman K, General Manager at 11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. It is great to see that the team managed to rectify your issue swiftly and without upsetting your stay. Being a period property, all our rooms and suites are all slightly different shapes, sizes and layouts so I am glad that you were moved to a room that appealed to you. In regards to your feedback about the mattress, I am happy to inform you that this has since been replaced to avoid any repeats.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back to No. 11 Cadogan Gardens in the future.

Kind regards,

Soliman Khaddour

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Slovak first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I and my adult son and his girlfriend spent a delightful three days at this hotel while we attended the Chelsea Flower show. The hotel is in an excellent location, a 15 minute walk to the flower show and a tube stop. My son's room (room 102) was bright, cheery with an excellent view of the adjacent garden. Our room was a suite (005) and was more than we wanted in that it was decorated in a heavy burgundy. When we commented that the room was not what we expected, the staff offered to move us but we declined. We will definitely stay at this hotel again but not in room 005.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brookdal
Soliman K, General Manager at 11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convienient for your visit to the flower show. Being a boutique hotel, all our rooms and suites are styled individually but we do have something for everyones taste. I am glad to read that the team offered an alternative and now we know what your tastes are for a return visit.

Kind Regards,

Soliman Khaddour
Sydney
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We arrived very early after a long flight from Sydney to be shown straight to our room (junior suite) which was a wonderfully relaxing cream and pale blue. It had a great view over the Gardens, a very comfortable bed and pleasant bathroom. And despite being at the front it was quiet. I very much appreciated the amenities which included full size containers as well as hotel size. Yes I did take the full size amenities and used them during our stay in a villa in Tuscany - every time I used them I thought of this wonderful hotel.
The staff could not do enough for you - we appreciated the coffee machine but prefer tea most of the time. We just had to ask and all necessary items were delivered to our room together with fresh milk.
Breakfast is good.
The location is great for shopping and transport to other parts of London. It is also a great area for a walk or jog. I loved the fact that it was next to a school as you saw lots of lovely happy and very well behaved kids morning and afternoon which helped make you feel you were staying imore n a lovely home than a hotel

Room Tip: It was worth paying a bit extra to get the space of a junior suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Number 11 before, but this time due to circumstances beyond our control, we had to stay a few extra days and it was utter bliss. The rooms are excellent with the old world charm enhanced by recently modernized bathrooms, TV and room amenities such as marvellous beds, air conditioning and an instant coffee maker. The restaurant is truly outstanding for both breakfast and dinner. The location is excellent and is on a quiet street right near Peter Jones and the King's Road. If there is to be one criticism, it would be that their internet system is low and frustrating (you have to log on every five minutes if not in use!) Speak to Blair at the front desk and Richie as the senior Concierge. We would recommend this hotel for anyone coming to London.

2 Thank L M
southrop
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have just enjoyed a 1 night stay in this fabulous hotel. We stayed in a suite which was lovely
very nicely decorated. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Try the bar for pre dinner drinks it is very nice. It is a great location for Kings Road, Sloane Square and Harrods all within easy walking distance. We will definitely being staying again.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Got upgraded to a suite. Fabulous boutique hotel in a wonderful location. Staff were very helpful and professional. Would have been perfect if the shower wasn't so temperamental. Not very powerful and the temperature was erratic.

• Stayed May 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently enjoyed a two night stay in this fabulous hotel. I had a junior suite, which was elegantly decorated and light and airy. The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the bathroom was gorgeous, a fab big bath, all incredibly relaxing! I had a view down onto Cadogan Gardens and overlooking into the park across the road, the greenery was all gorgeous. I fully enjoyed taking advantage of the Nespresso machine in the room, and also indulged in room service, in the morning and in the evening, both of which were excellent. All the staff were wonderfully accommodating, ordering me taxis and making reservations. I absolutely would recommend this hotel to anyone, it is in such close proximity to the King's Road, and about a five minute walk to Sloane Square station. Perfect for romantic getaways, or just a weekend break. I cannot wait until my return, hopefully in August

1 Thank OliviaJade2014