“Very beautiful hidden hotel”
Review of 11 Cadogan Gardens

11 Cadogan Gardens
Ranked #80 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I like very much this hotel it s hidden quiet and really beautiful. Like a huge boudoir. I ll choose it for a movie. Nice restaurant downstairs with beautiful decoration in white and black. A posh hotel definitely!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Soliman K, General Manager at 11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to No.11 Cadogan Gardens in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Beautiful hotel, quite small but as advertised. Gorgeous lounge and outside patio area. Room was great, bed extremely comfortable! Staff couldn't do enough for us - we ordered ginger tea from our room which didn't arrive. When we went downstairs they apologised profusely and waived our bill for two cappuccinos. Very handy location right by the Kings Road and not far from Sloane Square tube. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very happy to read your positive comments on your recent stay with us here at No.11 Cadogan Gardens and particulary pleased to read that the staff made your stay all the more enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a quaint hotel with plenty of cosy charm in the public areas—a nice lobby/library room, pretty tea room, attractive breakfast area—but the rooms themselves need updating. We had two rooms, and in each room the mattress was extremely old and saggy, we had to ask for bedboards. The carpet was soiled. The windows did not close properly. The a/c did not work properly. In one of the rooms the drapes were very light and did not block any sunlight in the morning. The furniture was tired. The elevator is ancient and doesn't always work. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. We were expecting a better experience. The location is wonderful, on a lovely, quiet street just steps from Sloane Square.

Room Tip: There is construction going on in the neighborhood at the back of the hotel, so rooms at the back ar...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Verseau99

Thank you very much for taking the time out to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that you had some issues during your stay but am happy to tell that you that we will be under going a period of refurbishment starting in August. These renovations will see the expansion and creation of several new suites, the addition of a spa and the refurbishment and update of the bedrooms and public areas. This part of our consistant goal of ensuring that we continue, as we have done for many years, to exceed guest experience in all aspects. I very much hope to be able to welcome you back to stay with us after this process is completed.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and we both really enjoyed it! The staff was very attentive, pleasant and helpful, they just did everything right the 1st time. We stayed at the room #005 the decor was gorgeous and the bed was extremely comfortable! (I wish the room had a bit more light in it though). The breakfast was very delicious and whole atmosphere of the hotel was great! I highly recommend it if you like the classy royal look. We would defiantly recommend it to friends and family and stay there again ourselves.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Soliman K, General Manager at 11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff played a significant role in that. Thank you for your recommendations and I hope to welcome you back in the future to one of our lighter suites.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I Chose to stay here based on Trip Advisor reviews, upon arrival the service was excellent . After the first night I did not like the bed, the mattress sunk in and was not firm at all. I asked for a new mattress in the morning and then I went out for the day only to come back at 3.30pm and the room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and not only did they send someone immediately , they realised they had not solved the mattress problem and offered to change my room. I was moved from room 402 to 302 which was a better room. (funny though! both junior suites - SO please ask for pictures of the room if booking a junior suite and based on my experience go for room 302. Overall great service, Quiet, Great breakfast too...

Room Tip: Ask to see pictures of rooms - they are all different. I moved from room 402 to room 302 and room 30...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Audrey M

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. It is great to see that the team managed to rectify your issue swiftly and without upsetting your stay. Being a period property, all our rooms and suites are all slightly different shapes, sizes and layouts so I am glad that you were moved to a room that appealed to you. In regards to your feedback about the mattress, I am happy to inform you that this has since been replaced to avoid any repeats.

I will pass your feedback onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back to No. 11 Cadogan Gardens in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I and my adult son and his girlfriend spent a delightful three days at this hotel while we attended the Chelsea Flower show. The hotel is in an excellent location, a 15 minute walk to the flower show and a tube stop. My son's room (room 102) was bright, cheery with an excellent view of the adjacent garden. Our room was a suite (005) and was more than we wanted in that it was decorated in a heavy burgundy. When we commented that the room was not what we expected, the staff offered to move us but we declined. We will definitely stay at this hotel again but not in room 005.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brookdal

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convienient for your visit to the flower show. Being a boutique hotel, all our rooms and suites are styled individually but we do have something for everyones taste. I am glad to read that the team offered an alternative and now we know what your tastes are for a return visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We arrived very early after a long flight from Sydney to be shown straight to our room (junior suite) which was a wonderfully relaxing cream and pale blue. It had a great view over the Gardens, a very comfortable bed and pleasant bathroom. And despite being at the front it was quiet. I very much appreciated the amenities which included full size containers as well as hotel size. Yes I did take the full size amenities and used them during our stay in a villa in Tuscany - every time I used them I thought of this wonderful hotel.
The staff could not do enough for you - we appreciated the coffee machine but prefer tea most of the time. We just had to ask and all necessary items were delivered to our room together with fresh milk.
Breakfast is good.
The location is great for shopping and transport to other parts of London. It is also a great area for a walk or jog. I loved the fact that it was next to a school as you saw lots of lovely happy and very well behaved kids morning and afternoon which helped make you feel you were staying imore n a lovely home than a hotel

Room Tip: It was worth paying a bit extra to get the space of a junior suite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business