Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfour seasonsthames clippervirgin gymriver viewswimming poolbusiness districtroom servicefitness centerjubilee lineseparate showerrooms are spaciouswest endlondon city airportfive star hotelconcierge deskfantastic hotelfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Having never stayed in Canary Wharf before we took the decision as a family to stay at a well know chain of hotels, notably "The Four Seasons". All I can say is we chose well, it was my Birthday and upon arrival my wife and I at reception received a glass of Proseco each which was fantastic and un-prompted. Arrival to our room and what a view of the Thames utterly fantastic, we then used the facilities of the Thames Clipper which is all close at hand and far move convenient than the Underground. Returning back to the hotel we had booked the Italian Restaurant for dinner along with six other guests, once again faultless, for both business and family weekends away I would recommend this hotel 100%, faultless.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a view of the river :-)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Molsifn 1804
Happy Birthday!

I am delighted that you and your friends chose to celebrate this special occasion with us, and thank you for your very kind words. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

You are very kind to recommend our hotel, and indeed I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back during 2014.

With warmest wishes for a wonderful year ahead.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Spent 3 weeks here on a business trip in 2010.
The service staff are exceptional.
I spent a long time in the hotel (almost 20 days in a row) that everyone knew my name and would greet me when I came back from work.
The front desk was exceptional- when I ran out of DVD's to watch they would ask me to list out what I wanted and they would see if they could buy it.
On my check out- the staff packed the luggage in the chartered car for me when I was away.
The food at the restaurant was not good and not many food options around.
The gym and swimming pool are away from the main building which is not so good when it's freezing cold!
On the whole- a good business hotel especially for those who work in canary wharf (like me).

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear JN19822013
Happy New Year! Gosh – a year has flown by since you stayed with us, and I hope 2013 was a good year for you. Here’s to a great 2014 ahead.

Thank you for your very kind comments about the service during your stay, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you also for your feedback about the food. We have changed our menus since your last visit, and I hope you will enjoy your dining experience on future stays.

Thank you for taking time to write about us and I hope you will visit us again in 2014.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

The Four Seasons is always a splurge for us but we never felt it wasn't worth it. We kicked off our 25-day European trip here for two nights. I had a hotels.com free night credit combined with a great room rate offer. We were then offered a £100/night room upgrade upon check in which we took, but looking back on it for us I don't think it was worth it. I know it was a great offer nonetheless - we just never used the other room. The only reason I wouldn't score this hotel perfectly is the bed isn't as comfortable as any of the other Four Seasons properties we've stayed at (especially Houston!), and the room decor seemed a bit blah and dated. The service met our high expectations. I think everyone in the hospitality industry should stay at a Four Seasons to understand what great customer service really is. It's executed flawlessly throughout their brand and they make you feel like a superstar at every point of contact.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff B
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Jeff B
Thank you for choosing Canary Wharf as the starting point for your 25-day European trip! I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and I appreciate your kind comments that you were pleased with the service.

Thank you for your feedback about the bed, and I am sorry that it was not as comfortable for you as you had hoped. We have a selection of different styles of mattress available, each with differing levels of firmness. For any future visit, we will be delighted to place your choice of mattress in your room.

It’s also good to know that you didn’t find the need for a suite with a sitting room, and we will be delighted to recommend a room that suits you in terms of size, style and decor.

I do hope that you will visit us again next time you are in London, and please do let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

for a hotel only 12 years old it has aged rapidly. Service not how it should be, poor value for food and unwelcoming rooms. The food is the restaurant is low on quality and preparation. Portion sizes are tiny but at very high cost. The restaurant is certainly something you should avoid, it is probably the worst in an area where there are plenty of good quality restaurants at that price. Very long wait to be served. No breakfast until 8am on weekends. Disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear gutlord
Thank you for taking time to write about your visit to the hotel last month.

I am so sorry that your experience was disappointing. I have sent you a private message and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally to offer my apologies and ascertain how we can restore your faith in the hotel.

Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you and hopefully meeting you in person on a future visit that I will be delighted to arrange for you.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were in the hotel for our aniversary, as there was a package included the dinner, we used the facility of the gym wihich is virgin active very nice, ambience was good and a very nice location.
we went to the restaurant for our meal which was offered a festive menu, as described in the menu we loved the food and was very happy with the service, very good staff kk, sayed and all the member of the team are fantastic made our day to remember, attention to small details absolutely loved it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear andrew g
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing Four Seasons for your anniversary celebrations, and I am delighted that you both enjoyed this special visit.

Thank you for your kind comments about the service, especially from KK and Said in the restaurant and bar. It’s such a great motivator for the team when they see such lovely comments from guests – thank you – it really is very much appreciated.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.