“Worth Every Penny”

Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel
Ranked #272 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Excellent Service and SUPER helpful and friendly staff! Literally the fasted service I have ever experienced. During my 7 nights stay, it never ever took more than 5 minutes to have anything I requested for at my room's door! Printed Emails, Fresh Towels, Extra Cups, travel brochures, etc... Literally anything you need is just a phone call away and reaches you super-fast with genuine friendliness. I once forgot one of my gloves at the reception desk and it was brought up to my room by the Reception Manager in person! Even though the hotel was fully booked at the time of my stay, it has not affected the quality of the service nor the temper of the staff that was genuinely friendly and would not hesitate to help in any way possible… Best hotel experience ever!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear NooraAbdulghani
I was so thrilled to read your lovely review following your stay with us in Canary Wharf last month.

The entire team is delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and we all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you for taking time to write about us!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

OK, this one has absolutely no kerb-appeal but nearly everything else is very good or excellent. I stayed here over Christmas with some trepidation as the pool and spa were closed (no-one had forewarned me about this) but I enjoyed my stay and the service once I arrived, was first-class. The view from my riverside room was fantastic, especially at night and with no traffic on the bank holidays, I drove into the West End in only fifteen minutes. The room service food was really excellent - I had seafood linguine - the best I have had in any of my hotel stays anywhere. My one reservation was the bed, which I thought was not up to expectations. The mattress needed replacing. All in all, however, I thought I had very good value for money and I would have no hesitation in going back.

Room Tip: The river view rooms on the higher floors are worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Philippa B
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons for your Christmas break in London, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your very kind comments about the service and the room service food with the team.

I am sorry that we did not advise you in advance of the swimming pool timings, and thank you also for your feedback about the bed. We have several different types of mattress available and for your future visits we will be delighted to prepare your bed with your choice of style and firmness – simply let us know.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Have stayed in this hotel often,in a family room or in two interconnecting rooms.if you can go for a river view it's worth it and travelling into central london by boat from the wharf outside the hotel is fantastic.the pool and the spa are five star although children can only go in at certain times.i would rather stay in this hotel and take the river boat in and out than stay in any Central London hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear willowtreacle
Thank you so much for making us your hotel of choice when visiting London with your family.

I am delighted that you enjoy your stays with us, and you’re absolutely right – the Thames Clippers boats from the pier adjacent to the hotel are a fabulous way to get around London!

Thank you for your ongoing support of Four Seasons and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This review is offered following a visit to the Four Seasons for a Reception after the sad occasion of a funeral.
From the minute that the Doorman opened the door and bade us 'welcome' to the minute he opened the door, called us a taxi and bade us 'farewell' it seemed, from the attention that the whole party received, that we were the only Customers.
Treated with a warm, friendly and courteous approach, each and every one of the Staff are to be commended!
Wine waiters noticed each and every time that a glass needed refreshing, those offering canapes appeared from nowhere at just the right time, and contributed to lifting the mood of occasion.
The hotel was immaculately presented, every member of staff I met from the Doorman to the Cloaks Attendants were pleasant in the extreme, I look forward to the time I have to book a Four Seasons stay, and have no hesitation in recommending the brand to you! Enjoy.......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear HMCSpy
Thank you so much for your very kind words following your visit to the hotel for the memorial service.

Although it was a sad occasion, I am happy that the team helped to lift your spirits and create a warm reception and memorable farewell.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Everything about this hotel screams luxury..

Beautiful Lobby, very friendly helpful staff always smiling.

Fantastic room.

Has to be one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.

Will be booking again for hubby's birthday can't wait :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Shapers24
I am delighted that you enjoyed your first visit to us here at Four Seasons, and thank you for your very kind comments.

It will be wonderful to welcome you back to celebrate your husband’s birthday – do let us know if there’s any special arrangements we can put in place to create a truly memorable experience for you both.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband stays here for all his business trips to London, however, this was my 1st time here & boy, was I impressed. We were here for almost a week and I have to say that this is one of my best hotels so far! It's not flashy, nor is it over the top, but understated, sophisticated & very very efficient. Each & every employee of the hotel try not just to meet the high standards of the hotel, but to truly delight the customer. It has all the attributes & services of any 5 star hotel that has become a standard now. And over that they add a layer of exemplary customer services. From the doorman to check-in agents to room service, they are all a delight to interact with. The location is great for business traveller, because of its proximity to Canary Wharf and very easy to get to Central London via the Thameslink or the Jubilee line or the DLR. I had perceived it to be a business hotel primarily, but my almost 5 year old was made to feel very comfortable here. Little things like a kiddie room key & free happy hour visit to the pool made her day!
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London & look forward to out next stay here!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Keyamom
I am delighted that you have now had the opportunity to stay with us, having heard about the hotel from your husband’s business trips, and thank you for your very kind comments. It has been a pleasure to share your feedback with the team – it’s so motivational for everybody to know when our guests have enjoyed their stays with us.

It’s wonderful that your daughter enjoyed her special treats and visits to the swimming pool and I hope you will be able to bring her back to stay with us again in the future.

In the meantime I wish you a wonderful 2014 ahead.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Having never stayed in Canary Wharf before we took the decision as a family to stay at a well know chain of hotels, notably "The Four Seasons". All I can say is we chose well, it was my Birthday and upon arrival my wife and I at reception received a glass of Proseco each which was fantastic and un-prompted. Arrival to our room and what a view of the Thames utterly fantastic, we then used the facilities of the Thames Clipper which is all close at hand and far move convenient than the Underground. Returning back to the hotel we had booked the Italian Restaurant for dinner along with six other guests, once again faultless, for both business and family weekends away I would recommend this hotel 100%, faultless.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a view of the river :-)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Molsifn 1804
Happy Birthday!

I am delighted that you and your friends chose to celebrate this special occasion with us, and thank you for your very kind words. I have shared your feedback with the team and we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

You are very kind to recommend our hotel, and indeed I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back during 2014.

With warmest wishes for a wonderful year ahead.