“An exceptional hotel”

Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel
Ranked #142 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel hotel with great views across the river especially at night but what really makes it exceptional are the excellent standards of customer service, professionalism and friendliness from the staff. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at the Four Seasons Canary Wharf and making the guests' stay special is what they do really well. The first greeting from the doormen makes every guest feel welcome, the reception staff are exceptional and the extra welcome from the manager and the complementary glasses of wine were much appreciated. Rooms are beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean with great attention to detail. Bar staff and restaurant staff are knowledgable and professional, our excellent and attentive waiter Ali deserves a special mention. Food was slightly unusual, delicious and beautifully presented and you can see it all being prepared and cooked in the open kitchen. The use of the Virgin health club next door is a very welcome and relaxing addition to a stay here.

Stay there if you can, it's wonderful.

Room Tip: To have a river facing room on one of the higher floors gives amazing views especially at night
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ian P, Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a TripAdvisor review.
We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,
Canary Riverside Plaza

There are newer reviews for Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is an expensive hotel but I have stayed in quite a few like it. They really tried hard to personalise the service and think of everything we would need. On arrival I was chatting to the lady on the desk about our plans and within half an hour she had put together a pack of maps & timetables that were really useful. They gave me water on my way to the gym, and collected me from my room for my spa treatment. I had the River View Signature Treatment which was simply wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a pretty standard river view room but it was delightful and a very good size with huge window...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a TripAdvisor review.

Kind regards,
Canary Riverside Plaza

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Excellent Service and SUPER helpful and friendly staff! Literally the fasted service I have ever experienced. During my 7 nights stay, it never ever took more than 5 minutes to have anything I requested for at my room's door! Printed Emails, Fresh Towels, Extra Cups, travel brochures, etc... Literally anything you need is just a phone call away and reaches you super-fast with genuine friendliness. I once forgot one of my gloves at the reception desk and it was brought up to my room by the Reception Manager in person! Even though the hotel was fully booked at the time of my stay, it has not affected the quality of the service nor the temper of the staff that was genuinely friendly and would not hesitate to help in any way possible… Best hotel experience ever!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear NooraAbdulghani
I was so thrilled to read your lovely review following your stay with us in Canary Wharf last month.

The entire team is delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and we all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you for taking time to write about us!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

OK, this one has absolutely no kerb-appeal but nearly everything else is very good or excellent. I stayed here over Christmas with some trepidation as the pool and spa were closed (no-one had forewarned me about this) but I enjoyed my stay and the service once I arrived, was first-class. The view from my riverside room was fantastic, especially at night and with no traffic on the bank holidays, I drove into the West End in only fifteen minutes. The room service food was really excellent - I had seafood linguine - the best I have had in any of my hotel stays anywhere. My one reservation was the bed, which I thought was not up to expectations. The mattress needed replacing. All in all, however, I thought I had very good value for money and I would have no hesitation in going back.

Room Tip: The river view rooms on the higher floors are worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Philippa B
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons for your Christmas break in London, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your very kind comments about the service and the room service food with the team.

I am sorry that we did not advise you in advance of the swimming pool timings, and thank you also for your feedback about the bed. We have several different types of mattress available and for your future visits we will be delighted to prepare your bed with your choice of style and firmness – simply let us know.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Have stayed in this hotel often,in a family room or in two interconnecting rooms.if you can go for a river view it's worth it and travelling into central london by boat from the wharf outside the hotel is fantastic.the pool and the spa are five star although children can only go in at certain times.i would rather stay in this hotel and take the river boat in and out than stay in any Central London hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear willowtreacle
Thank you so much for making us your hotel of choice when visiting London with your family.

I am delighted that you enjoy your stays with us, and you’re absolutely right – the Thames Clippers boats from the pier adjacent to the hotel are a fabulous way to get around London!

Thank you for your ongoing support of Four Seasons and we all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This review is offered following a visit to the Four Seasons for a Reception after the sad occasion of a funeral.
From the minute that the Doorman opened the door and bade us 'welcome' to the minute he opened the door, called us a taxi and bade us 'farewell' it seemed, from the attention that the whole party received, that we were the only Customers.
Treated with a warm, friendly and courteous approach, each and every one of the Staff are to be commended!
Wine waiters noticed each and every time that a glass needed refreshing, those offering canapes appeared from nowhere at just the right time, and contributed to lifting the mood of occasion.
The hotel was immaculately presented, every member of staff I met from the Doorman to the Cloaks Attendants were pleasant in the extreme, I look forward to the time I have to book a Four Seasons stay, and have no hesitation in recommending the brand to you! Enjoy.......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear HMCSpy
Thank you so much for your very kind words following your visit to the hotel for the memorial service.

Although it was a sad occasion, I am happy that the team helped to lift your spirits and create a warm reception and memorable farewell.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Everything about this hotel screams luxury..

Beautiful Lobby, very friendly helpful staff always smiling.

Fantastic room.

Has to be one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.

Will be booking again for hubby's birthday can't wait :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Shapers24
I am delighted that you enjoyed your first visit to us here at Four Seasons, and thank you for your very kind comments.

It will be wonderful to welcome you back to celebrate your husband’s birthday – do let us know if there’s any special arrangements we can put in place to create a truly memorable experience for you both.