“Weekend Stay”

Ranked #136 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Iom
“Weekend Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

great visit - service, room and dining usual high standards.

Staff very attentive and all needs attended too.

Got caught out slightly by breakfast not starting until 8am on Saturday, but ate it quickly and still made the flight home!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ian P, Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a TripAdvisor review.
We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Canary Riverside Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel it is so beautiful and a little luxury in Tower Hamlets! I often visit QUADRATO RESTAURANT inside the hotel, food, service is outstanding. Today I tried afternoon tea with a friend and it was very tasty and filling. Greg Chinek (restaurant assistant manager) was so helpful and couldn't do enough to make sure the hospitality was great. He added complimentary champagne for my friend! Thank you for making our day. We'll definitely return soon.

• Stayed February 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I'm just back from a business trip to London and had the pleasure of staying at the Four Seasons for a night. It was a great experience with some of the most helpful members of staff that I have encountered at any hotel. The food on offer was to a high standard, I had room service dinner and breakfast. Looking forward to my next visit already.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel hotel with great views across the river especially at night but what really makes it exceptional are the excellent standards of customer service, professionalism and friendliness from the staff. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at the Four Seasons Canary Wharf and making the guests' stay special is what they do really well. The first greeting from the doormen makes every guest feel welcome, the reception staff are exceptional and the extra welcome from the manager and the complementary glasses of wine were much appreciated. Rooms are beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean with great attention to detail. Bar staff and restaurant staff are knowledgable and professional, our excellent and attentive waiter Ali deserves a special mention. Food was slightly unusual, delicious and beautifully presented and you can see it all being prepared and cooked in the open kitchen. The use of the Virgin health club next door is a very welcome and relaxing addition to a stay here.

Stay there if you can, it's wonderful.

Room Tip: To have a river facing room on one of the higher floors gives amazing views especially at night
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is an expensive hotel but I have stayed in quite a few like it. They really tried hard to personalise the service and think of everything we would need. On arrival I was chatting to the lady on the desk about our plans and within half an hour she had put together a pack of maps & timetables that were really useful. They gave me water on my way to the gym, and collected me from my room for my spa treatment. I had the River View Signature Treatment which was simply wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a pretty standard river view room but it was delightful and a very good size with huge window...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Al Muharraq, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Excellent Service and SUPER helpful and friendly staff! Literally the fasted service I have ever experienced. During my 7 nights stay, it never ever took more than 5 minutes to have anything I requested for at my room's door! Printed Emails, Fresh Towels, Extra Cups, travel brochures, etc... Literally anything you need is just a phone call away and reaches you super-fast with genuine friendliness. I once forgot one of my gloves at the reception desk and it was brought up to my room by the Reception Manager in person! Even though the hotel was fully booked at the time of my stay, it has not affected the quality of the service nor the temper of the staff that was genuinely friendly and would not hesitate to help in any way possible… Best hotel experience ever!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear NooraAbdulghani
I was so thrilled to read your lovely review following your stay with us in Canary Wharf last month.

The entire team is delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and we all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Thank you for taking time to write about us!

Warmest wishes
Michael
Cornwall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

OK, this one has absolutely no kerb-appeal but nearly everything else is very good or excellent. I stayed here over Christmas with some trepidation as the pool and spa were closed (no-one had forewarned me about this) but I enjoyed my stay and the service once I arrived, was first-class. The view from my riverside room was fantastic, especially at night and with no traffic on the bank holidays, I drove into the West End in only fifteen minutes. The room service food was really excellent - I had seafood linguine - the best I have had in any of my hotel stays anywhere. My one reservation was the bed, which I thought was not up to expectations. The mattress needed replacing. All in all, however, I thought I had very good value for money and I would have no hesitation in going back.

Room Tip: The river view rooms on the higher floors are worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Philippa B
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons for your Christmas break in London, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your very kind comments about the service and the room service food with the team.

I am sorry that we did not advise you in advance of the swimming pool timings, and thank you also for your feedback about the bed. We have several different types of mattress available and for your future visits we will be delighted to prepare your bed with your choice of style and firmness – simply let us know.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warmest wishes