My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the Four Seasons. I was astonished at the level of kindness and the genuine care of the staff. On the second day I unfortunately had to complain as I could hear a humming noise which kept me up; without hesitation they said they could move us or we could stay in the room and wait for an engineer to fix the problem. We said we'd like to move and within 15 minutes we had staff move our luggage and make up our new room. To my surprise they not only moved us but upgraded us! I can't fault the staff in any way. 20 minutes after we had moved in they sent a maid with chocolates as an apology - still quite shocked, but was very pleased with this attention. The staff were always on hand to help us and nothing was too much. Even at check out they apologised again for the sleep disturbance and hoped we would return.
The location is great if you want peace and quiet as well as an awesome view. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the tube station and 7 minutes from the DLR.
I did have a few niggles about the place but they are not things that would deter me from coming back. 1) I thought the wallpaper let the room down - in our suite there were places where it was coming off the wall. I think for a 5* it should be kept updated and looking fresh - it made the room look a bit tired.
2) We had room service and ordered from the restaurant Quadrato. Food was delicious although I paid £25 for a chicken curry with naan bread and rice. The chicken was scarce and served in a small bowl. For the price I paid I expected double the amount of chicken; there were more vegetables in the bowl than anything else. Slightly disappointing. N.B. They charge £3 for delivery and a discretionary 12.5% service charge. My boyfriend added 10% by accident thinking that the total price didn't include the service charge - just be aware!
3) The cutlery they provided was a bit old; as I ate the ice cream (which was the best I have ever had!) I could feel the dents in the spoon.
Overall, I had a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Lastminute, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Canary Riverside Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Canary Wharf
- Four Seasons Canary Wharf
- Four Seasons London
- London Four Seasons