Hilton London Kensington
US$272
US$227
  • Pool
4,585 results
All reviewsholland parkwestfield shopping centreshepherds bushthe executive loungecentral linenotting hilltube stationbus stopan upgradetwin roomwest endfew minutes walkkensingtonconciergeolympiaheathrowpubs
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Don't stay here if you are expecting free wi-fi. The going rate to use the internet here is an extortionate 16 pounds an hour !!!! Hey I didn't want to buy shares in the company - I just wanted to use the internet. While everything else like the room, service, cleanliness and breakfast was adequate, overall it is an overpriced establishment. It's not really Kensington either - more like Holland Park. But at least it's close to the Shepherds Bush tube station on the Central line, and it's close to the Westfield Shopping Centre.

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am most grateful for you sharing your feedback.

With regards to the internet, unfortunately I am unsure as to where you obtained the information about the cost. The wifi price is £14.99 for 24 hours and not £16 per hour. There are also additional internet access options in the hotel, including complimentary internet on our computers in the Executive Lounge. I am very sorry that you were unclear on this, however I am sure the team would have assisted you had you queried it.

Also, with regards to our location, I confirm that we are based in W14 which is covered by the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. The surrounding areas also include Kensington Olympia and also Holland Park and our exact location is West Kensington.

I do hope that you will come and stay with us here at Hilton London Kensington again in the future.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Modestly-sized rooms that have been recently refurbished mean that this a comfortable place to stay. Usual Hilton standard comfortable beds and pillows. Nice friendly and helpful staff. Tea and coffee but no extra room in the minibar fridge. Good breakfast, with a chef on hand to cook eggs, although some things on the buffet could have been hotter. Rooms can be a bit noisy if you like open windows (it's near a big traffic intersection) but the air-conditioning is a bit noisy too. Good Wi-Fi signal, but annoyingly I needed to keep logging on, even within the hotel. Located slightly out of town but near tube connections on the central line (either Shepherd's Bush or Holland Park) which are only a few minutes’ walk away and then a 10 min tube journey to Marble Arch and Oxford Circus. Bus stop outside for buses to Oxford Circus, but these can be fast when there is little traffic (25 min) to very slow during busier times. Good for South Kensington museums (buses from Shepherd’s Bush station) or for the nearby Westfield shopping centre, which is within walking distance. A good choice for tourists, if you don't mind the slightly out of centre location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tiptoptraveller

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I am most grateful for you providing us with such constructive feedback and I have taken all of your comments on board. I have discussed them with the department heads and we are addressing these issues.

I very much hope that you come and stay at Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed one month at the Hilton for the summer Olympics. The first room I've received was on the backside. It was very quiet but the room was very small and only had a shower. The mini bar/fridge was broken. The responsible provided me an extra fridge which was nice but made my room even smaller ! When I saw the rooms my other colleagues got, I really had to admit that mine was tiny compare to their rooms and all of them had a tub. I asked at the frontdesk to swap and the staff was very helpful ! They switched me in another room even it was not so easy as they were fully booked due to Olympic Games and they moved my stuff while I was at work. The second room was just perfect ! Hilton is ideally situated between Holland park and Shepherd's bus underground stations and the bus station is just in front of the hotel. The furniture is lovely and modern. Rooms are clean and you get very good shampoo, conditioner, soaps and body lotion. You get two bottles of water per day, free of charges. The breakfast buffet is superb and I particularly appreciated the staff. After a month, the employees were like family members to us ! The concierge team also was so helpful and friendly ! Really, two thumbs up for them ! I would recommend this hotel to friends !
I did not like : my first room. the air-con in the meeting room (too cold) and the mini bar with sensor system that doesn't allow you to remove anything without paying and I deplore that the towels are changed every day even you don't ask for .. not very ecological nowadays.
I liked : the staff, friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet and the location.

Room Tip: Those on the road side are a little bit noisy but bigger
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Madame-Minouche
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I was absolutely delighted to read that the team provided you with our standard first class service and I have passed on your kind comments to all the department heads to share.

With regards to the room which was assigned to you, I am very sorry that you were given a room that was not right for you. However I was pleased that the team moved you to a bigger room and indeed provided you with an additional fridge.

I very much hope that you come and stay with us again here at Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2012

Stayed at the Hilton from Sept 8-13th with two colleagues for work and had mixed experiences. Our rooms weren't ready when we checked in and when we returned over two hours after check in time they still weren't ready. Rooms was clean and cleaning staff very nice - but no top sheet on the bed. Front desk staff unorganized, gave colleagues a room that someone else walked into 15 minutes later. Good location to tube access, a very quiet end of the street. Nigel the bartender was the great. Too bad the kitchen was out of service the whole time when we were there. Its a safe bet, but don't except much past basic service.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TMinTO

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I was, however, quite disappointed to learn of the difficulties you encountered during your stay. I must apologise for the issue of the room allocation. I have spoken at length with the Front of House Manager who is conducting further training within the front office department to ensure that no guest experiences the same issue as your colleagues.

I have shared your kind words with Nigel and he was very pleased that he was able to assist you and make your stay pleasurable. We all very much hope to see you back at Hilton London Kensington in the near future.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 28 September 2012

To be truthful I don't know where to start with this place.

The positives I can give you are that this hotel is conveniently located between two tube stops Shepherd's Bush and Holland Park. I would recommend avoiding the S.B. stop unless you absolutely need to go there because crossing the streets to the station is quite treacherous and it will take you the same time to walk to Holland Park in a much nicer setting.

Now the "Hellton".

First, forget that it says Hilton on the sign it is there in name only.

This sleep factory is emblematic of the fact that the Hilton Group has been having problems as of late and this place like so many other Hiltons is slipping.
The only nice staff in this hotel seem to be the restaurant staff and maybe one lady from housekeeping. Congratulations to you!
For the rest of them... Mindless... unsmiling... aloof... uninterested staff.

Upon arrival, we were there on business and we had in our deal free internet but the desk clerk couldn't find it in his paperwork. So rather than being friendly about it or offering solutions he basically brushed us off and told us we would have to pay for it. And pay we did! Through the nose in fact but only at first (I'll get to that later).
I know hotel prices are inflated but 15 pounds a day is just plain thievery when it works, where in this case it did not...
Well ok 8 times out of ten it didn't and the other 2 times it took about fifteen minutes to get an email. When I brought this to the attention of the Android at reception he proudly announced that it was working great and he transferred my call to the "hotel IT Support" which is simply a hotline to the "BT Open zone" nothing to do with the hotel. When I got a hold of the IT clerk she told me that she had been getting complaints all day from people at our hotel. Needless to say that upon checkout we did not pay for the internet although if you can believe it it still took a few expletives to win that argument... Go Figure!?

Another issue we had in the room was the phone and phone line. The line was noisy and basically unusable, the phones themselves were dirty and greasy like pretty much everything in the room.

Let us remember dear reader that it says Hilton on the sign outside but be warned that the beds are basically glorified Futons.
In terms of room size I have seen postage stamps that are bigger. It's a cliché I know but it's true! When you arrive you have to chose who enters first, you or your suitcase.
Inside, the room is so cramped to go from the bathroom to the the bedroom you have to walk sideways. The bathroom was so tight that at 6 foot 2 I could not stand up in the shower. Ok I'm on the tall side but at 5 foot 8 my wife had the same issue and the shower curtain pole is so low that a good 2 feet of the shower curtain was floating in the tub with us because they couldn't even be bothered to shorten it. I'll spare you the description of the mold and move on.

There's plenty of housekeeping on all the floors but don't try to collect a smile or a hello from them.
I got cut off by a clerk who was dragging a laundry bag,he almost bowled me over and I am still waiting for my apology.
Not to mention that every night they seem to have the bad habit of forgetting a cart or a vacuum cleaner for you to trip on in the hallways... Oh, and all the carpets stink by the way.

Finally the clientele... This place is becoming an expensive hostel for drunken, loud, belching, uncouth partiers...
I have no issues with partying but again not part of the Hilton Hallmark... After two run ins in the hallway I had to ask the duty manager if the hotel had some kind of security to escort and contain disorderly guests. He actually told me that they did but that they had to chose the nights when they work based on hotel occupancy, when I told him that they seemed to be attracting a prom crowd and that they had issues EVERY night. He kind of shrugged it off as criticism and not a real issue.

My theory? They are starting to cater to the younger partying crowd because they figure if they're drunk enough they won't notice that the hotel sucks...

If you absolutely need a quick efficient comfortable Hilton. Go to the Metropole.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Hilton-Kensington, Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I was absolutely horrified to read the various inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that this is an isolated occurrence and we offer a standard first class service to all of our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies as you clearly did not receive the treatment to which you deserved on this occasion.

Although I cannot undo what has been done, I would be grateful if you would please contact me direct in order that I can put this right. My email address is Nathan.white@hilton.com and if you would be so kind as to provide me with a contact number, I will call you immediately to discuss.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,